Reload this Page >

Hotel jobs in Doha

Hotel jobs in Doha

Old Dec 24th 2012, 12:31 pm
Just Joined

EvieC is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hotel jobs in Doha

Hi everyone

I'm sorry to be annoying with yet another thread asking about salary & lifestyle details etc.
I'm in New Zealand at the moment, working for an international hotel
chain.

A couple of friends of mine yesterday were discussing hotel job vacancies they have seen advertised in Doha. There are the usual benefits, such as accommodation at staff accommodation centre, annual leave & flights home etc.

What do you recommend is the minimum salary that it would be possible to survive on?..We know it's not going to be a wonderful figure, hotel salaries are basically pretty low worldwide, except for senior management, so basically we'd expect the pay would be pretty bad, as it is here. It would just be to work somewhere really different, gain some experience with different clientele & hotel chain, put something else on our CV & do some exploring on the other side of the world, as we are in our 20s, with no attachments or responsibilites.

Also, I've heard that the majority of staff at the big hotels are South East Asians. Is it generally just the GM's who are expats?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Old Dec 24th 2012, 2:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hotel jobs in Doha

Originally Posted by EvieC
Hi everyone

I'm sorry to be annoying with yet another thread asking about salary & lifestyle details etc.
I'm in New Zealand at the moment, working for an international hotel
chain.

A couple of friends of mine yesterday were discussing hotel job vacancies they have seen advertised in Doha. There are the usual benefits, such as accommodation at staff accommodation centre, annual leave & flights home etc.

What do you recommend is the minimum salary that it would be possible to survive on?..We know it's not going to be a wonderful figure, hotel salaries are basically pretty low worldwide, except for senior management, so basically we'd expect the pay would be pretty bad, as it is here. It would just be to work somewhere really different, gain some experience with different clientele & hotel chain, put something else on our CV & do some exploring on the other side of the world, as we are in our 20s, with no attachments or responsibilites.

Also, I've heard that the majority of staff at the big hotels are South East Asians. Is it generally just the GM's who are expats?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Have a look at the Jumeirah Hotel website. If you want to come to the ME then this should be the hotel of choice. They look after their staff well, promote mostly from within and have hotels all over the world now.

Dubai would be more fun for you than Doha

Here you are, have a look at this
http://www.jumeirah.jobs/careers/jum...x?companyid=55

Last edited by Patsy Stoned; Dec 24th 2012 at 2:39 pm.
Old Dec 25th 2012, 1:14 pm
Just Joined

Rania is an unknown quantity at this point

you can research in the internet
Old Jan 4th 2013, 5:29 am
Just Joined

idoha is an unknown quantity at this point

Although I'm not directly working in hotels I am working closely with the industry. You would find only GMs and very senior levels from western countries. Positions from senior levels from Executive Housekeepers, Front of House Managers tend to be Philipinos, Indian and Eastern Europeans. If not providing your own accommodation and stay in the staff accommodation centre, a lot of them are out of town and pretty much a fancy prison.
There's not much to see here apart from being able to see how people are getting treated unfairly and being ripped off.