hotel beach clubs

Old Jun 15th 2009, 10:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: hotel beach clubs

Originally Posted by commander
who the **** in their right minds would pay that..granted its lovely but i bet its populated by the stereotypical JJ's...
of course, like me...

MM, xx
Old Jun 15th 2009, 11:07 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
of course, like me...

MM, xx
why do you pay that much? is it worth the money? or is it the location (close to home?)

just curious..i think its lovely but 50K...
Old Jun 15th 2009, 12:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
why do you pay that much? is it worth the money? or is it the location (close to home?)

just curious..i think its lovely but 50K...
beach club membership is included in monsieur medusa's "package"...when we first came here, we joined jumeirah beach club, which we used all the time, and when that closed down, we were bumped up the jbh list (meridien mina seyahi was totally full) so there wasn't any other options...it's either use the money for a beach club or lose it, so we're not going to do that...

i would never pay for it if it was our money, we don't use it anywhere near enough to justify it...that said, the kids love it there, the facilities are amazing...

MM, xx
Old Jun 15th 2009, 12:41 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
beach club membership is included in monsieur medusa's "package"...when we first came here, we joined jumeirah beach club, which we used all the time, and when that closed down, we were bumped up the jbh list (meridien mina seyahi was totally full) so there wasn't any other options...it's either use the money for a beach club or lose it, so we're not going to do that...

i would never pay for it if it was our money, we don't use it anywhere near enough to justify it...that said, the kids love it there, the facilities are amazing...

MM, xx
well in that case good on ya!!!
Old Jun 15th 2009, 6:00 pm
Forum Regular

Spanishstokey is an unknown quantity at this point

Commander....I like the look of The Club.....is it good for kids?

Regards
Old Jun 15th 2009, 6:30 pm
Forum Regular

Ellie and Jason is a jewel in the roughEllie and Jason is a jewel in the roughEllie and Jason is a jewel in the roughEllie and Jason is a jewel in the roughEllie and Jason is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for the info everyone.

In response to hawkhead:
By The Club I take it that you mean the Brit Club? What does membership include e.g. use of pool, a gym, private beach - I don't necessarily expect these things, just wanted to know what we would have to pay to get access to these things

Jason
Old Jun 15th 2009, 6:59 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.the-club.com/

It's way along the Mina end of Corniche i.e at port-opposite end from Emirates Palace.

The beach isn't as great as it looks in the photo- beaches in AD aren't great but suffice to say a lovely day out can be had by all.
If I remember correctly, I think there is a one off Regisration charge,then annual membewrship charge then individual charges for each section you wish to join....i.e gym, tennis etc...........Commander will fill you in (not literally as he seems in a pleasant demeanour of late).HTH.
Old Jun 15th 2009, 7:02 pm
banned

The club is great for kids..

Jason, although you never appeared to ask for my help, as a member of the club, I advise you to check the website..(Google the club abu dhabi)

There is a waiting list for membership..
Old Jun 15th 2009, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

Spanishstokey is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Commander!
Old Jun 15th 2009, 7:48 pm
Forum Regular

Ellie and Jason is a jewel in the roughEllie and Jason is a jewel in the roughEllie and Jason is a jewel in the roughEllie and Jason is a jewel in the roughEllie and Jason is a jewel in the rough

Just had a look at the club. It looks good. However, with the one of payments the first year is pretty pricey - for myself, my wife my 3 yr old and my 5 yr old would be 13,350 AED, and thats without using any extra facilities. Is there a family package at all?

Jason
Old Jun 16th 2009, 1:59 am
banned

Call them, email them, send homing pigeons to them..

For info, for 6 months we were on a waiting list that meant we could not use the facilities on the weekend. Whilst that was ok for my wife and daughter, it pretty much meant I never went to the place.

Now though I'm pretty much there every weekend. The food is good and cheap, the beer is cheep, there is tonnes to do for my little one. She is only a toddler so we are only really scratching the surface of what facilities are on offer. I am not a member of the gym, unlike my wife, as by the time I reach there on a friday I've pummelled my body for about 5 hours.we do go to a spin class on a sat morning there.

Trust me Jason, the Club I'd by far the best value for money option, without the pomp and snobbery of other 'hotel beachclubs'

I think the reputation and waiting list are testiment to this..

Problem is, you can't join the waiting list until you are a uae resident..so no advance pre-arrival list jumping
Old Jun 16th 2009, 7:21 am
BE Enthusiast

hawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to all

By The Club I take it that you mean the Brit Club? What does membership include e.g. use of pool, a gym, private beach - I don't necessarily expect these things, just wanted to know what we would have to pay to get access to these things
Not that I want to get into a huge argument over this again but - fact - The Club has never been officially known as The Brit(ish) Club - the latter is just a nickname that the taxi drivers use but it seems to have stuck for some reason.

Anyway...there's a lap pool and a kids' play pool, there's 2 beaches, about 8 different food outlets & bars, tennis courts, squash courts, volleyball court exercise classes (though gym membership is an extra Dhs750) etc etc. And as mentioned before there's loads of social stuff going on like comedy nights, pub quizzes, bands etc etc etc. Come and have a tour when you get to AD and you'll see why we like it so much. The first year is tough with the extra joining fee but you'll get your money's worth in the long run for sure.
Old Jun 16th 2009, 9:16 am
Forum Regular

Bodach is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheap quiet and not to far from Dubai check out.

http://uaqmarineclub.com/contact.html

Bod.
Old Jun 16th 2009, 10:03 am
Forum Regular

NickLess is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ellie and Jason
Was just wondering if anyone knew about hotel beach clubs? In dubai or abu dhabi - I know the Rotana has one but cant find any information about the costs - just gathering information really - we would be looking to be able to join one of the hotels to use facilities such as beach, pool, gym etc - do they do family type memberships?

any information would be good!

thanks in advance!

Ellie
xxx
I normally use to find the timeout website. Its wonderful to find. have a look you can find it here.

http://www.timeoutdubai.com/hotels/s...ersports-beach
Old Jun 16th 2009, 4:04 pm
Forum Regular

Well, thanks for the all the advice. Looks like I'd better start saving now!!
One more question, you said you could use the facilities during the week. Did you have to pay daily for this??

Jason

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.