Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Horticultural job wanted in Dubai

Horticultural job wanted in Dubai

Old Jan 16th 2005, 7:57 am
UAE Expat

Frans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud of
Default Horticultural job wanted in Dubai

Hi there,

I honnestly admit I'm not a Brittish National, but bumped into this site while surfing. I've worked in the Middle East before, nine years in Saudi Arabia in various management positions. I'm trying to find a job in Dubai now, preferably something in the Horticultural sector. Anyone have any tips, or know a company where I could try my luck?

Thanks in advance,

Frans Wind
The Netherlands
email: [email protected]
Old Jan 16th 2005, 8:15 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Horticultural job wanted in Dubai

Originally Posted by Frans Wind
Hi there,

I honnestly admit I'm not a Brittish National, but bumped into this site while surfing. I've worked in the Middle East before, nine years in Saudi Arabia in various management positions. I'm trying to find a job in Dubai now, preferably something in the Horticultural sector. Anyone have any tips, or know a company where I could try my luck?

Thanks in advance,

Frans Wind
The Netherlands
DOnt worry about not being british !
Some of us wish that we wern't, especially if the new Citizenship tax comes in (global ex-pat tax)
Old Jan 16th 2005, 8:17 am
UAE Expat

Frans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud of

Well atleast Holland doesn't know that tax system, it's basically tax free for us.

Frans
Old Jan 16th 2005, 8:20 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Well atleast Holland doesn't know that tax system, it's basically tax free for us.

Frans
Stick around. I dont know much about the Horticultural side of things.
But someone on the board might do.

I have a friend in Amsterdam who was in the horticultural industry.

............ he used to grow the best skunk ever.. I hallucinated for 2 days solid.....awesome
Old Jan 16th 2005, 8:30 am
UAE Expat

Well it's heaven for me as I live near to a Coffee Shop in Amsterdam. Will miss the "Nederwiet" as I think that's what blew you away.

Frans
Old Jan 16th 2005, 8:37 am
Up in the air

Well it's heaven for me as I live near to a Coffee Shop in Amsterdam. Will miss the "Nederwiet" as I think that's what blew you away.

Frans
Well as you may or may not know, there is none of that stuff over here. Not sure of the penalties.. I think its either death or Life.
However i think the roll-up in question was called a black widow, or widow maker...something like that.....what a night !!!!!

The board is a bit quiet today, but hopefully someone will post something here for you !!
Rgds
JD
Old Jan 16th 2005, 11:03 am
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Hi there,

Thanks in advance,

Frans Wind
The Netherlands
Hi Frans. Welcome to the forum.

Horticulture in Dubai and the U.A.E does exist, but it is not very highly publicised. The farming industry is extremely productive... infact, did u know that strawberries are flown out of Dubai for the Wimbledon Championships?! lol

U might try looking at Al Rawabi here in Dubai:
http://www.ameinfo.com/news/Detailed/30303.html

another article on the company for u:
http://www.foodproductiondaily.com/n...039-a-dairy-in

another idea might be to get in touch with the dubai municipality www.dm.gov.ae not only to enquire about companies that u might be able to get a job with, but also if they have any job openings for u in their horticultural department.

Hope that helps.