Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Horse riding lessons in UAE

Horse riding lessons in UAE

Old Dec 3rd 2010, 6:46 pm
Forum Regular

brucebanner is just really nicebrucebanner is just really nicebrucebanner is just really nicebrucebanner is just really nicebrucebanner is just really nicebrucebanner is just really nicebrucebanner is just really nicebrucebanner is just really nice
Default Horse riding lessons in UAE

Hi All,

Is there a place one can get regular horse riding lessons or perhaps even buy a horse especially in Dubai or Abu Dhabi, and perhaps even have it looked after by someone?

When I went horse riding in Egypt, somewhere in Giza, whilst queuing I came across a British lady who said she bought a foal (baby horse) for ~£1k and she frequently visited the stable to make sure it was looked after and such.

I'll be visiting the UAE again between February-April for about 2-3 weeks to determine if I really want to work there, and also for a holiday .

Essentially, I'd like to know if it's possible to do the following for roughly 2-3 weeks. Have horse riding lessons every other day for the duration of my stay. I'd like to get to learn more about horses, how to control them, feed them etc. I would also like to able to gallop, something which I wasn't able to do here in the UK.

What's the bill likely to add up to?
Any recommended places?

Sorry about the long post.

I appreciate the help.
Old Dec 4th 2010, 4:22 am
BE Forum Addict

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Horse riding lessons in UAE

You can do horse-riding lessons in Mushrif Park in Dubai. Google the Mushrif Park Equestrian Club.
Old Dec 4th 2010, 4:34 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Desert Palm is the home of the polo ponies and other horses, I did hear through the grape vine it is full though. Also the Polo Club at the ARabian Ranches. Dubai Equestrian Centre at Nad Al Sheba, and there is also stables at Jebel Ali. Don't know about AD
Old Dec 8th 2010, 5:09 am
Forum Regular

Casta is just really niceCasta is just really niceCasta is just really niceCasta is just really niceCasta is just really niceCasta is just really niceCasta is just really niceCasta is just really niceCasta is just really niceCasta is just really nice

For Abu Dhabi there is the Abu Dhabi Equestrian Club. It's my understanding that they run BHS (British Horse Society) lessons as well as do livery should you ever get as far as buying a horse.

http://www.adec-web.com/index.php?op...ents&Itemid=24

Coming during Feb-Apr is good as it's not too hot although towards the end you might find you need to ride earlier/later in the day.

If you have kit bring it with you as it is quite expensive here.
Old Dec 8th 2010, 5:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

I love the fact you feel the need to tell us that a foal is a baby horse- how thick do you think we are?

One of my friends has looked at this- shes away on business at the moment but when shes back I shall ask her for you

x
Old Dec 8th 2010, 5:25 am
Forum Regular

Casta is just really niceCasta is just really niceCasta is just really niceCasta is just really niceCasta is just really niceCasta is just really niceCasta is just really niceCasta is just really niceCasta is just really niceCasta is just really nice

Hmm forgot to mention if you are buying and not experienced you can easily get fleeced with something that has issues (e.g. respiratory or leg issues). There are some nice ex. polo or racing horses about but there are also horses which have been retired because of those issues and will more frequently be stabled than useable!

Make sure you find yourself a reliable person who can check issues out. In Dubai I think EEC are able to help there.

You can do pre-purchase checks via the following:
http://www.dubaiequine.ae/
http://www.seh.ae/
Old Dec 8th 2010, 2:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brucebanner
Hi All,

Is there a place one can get regular horse riding lessons or perhaps even buy a horse especially in Dubai or Abu Dhabi, and perhaps even have it looked after by someone?

When I went horse riding in Egypt, somewhere in Giza, whilst queuing I came across a British lady who said she bought a foal (baby horse) for ~£1k and she frequently visited the stable to make sure it was looked after and such.

I'll be visiting the UAE again between February-April for about 2-3 weeks to determine if I really want to work there, and also for a holiday .

Essentially, I'd like to know if it's possible to do the following for roughly 2-3 weeks. Have horse riding lessons every other day for the duration of my stay. I'd like to get to learn more about horses, how to control them, feed them etc. I would also like to able to gallop, something which I wasn't able to do here in the UK.

What's the bill likely to add up to?
Any recommended places?

Sorry about the long post.

I appreciate the help.
The trick to feeding a horse is to keep your hand really flat.
Old Dec 8th 2010, 2:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

@millhouse

don't forget they like sugar lumps!

and if you tickle a horses nose they laugh. (its true)
Old Dec 8th 2010, 2:52 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

is this for real or what...
Old Dec 8th 2010, 3:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

nay matahari (get it)

and for the OP

http://www.dubaiforums.com/ar/horse-...i-26-24632.htm
Old Dec 8th 2010, 3:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
is this for real or what...
i'm thinking it's the "or what" option...

MM, xx
Old Dec 8th 2010, 5:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,

If you don't know much about horses and need to have lessons then galloping will be a long way down the line!
You will need to learn how to tack up and get on 1st!!
Old Dec 8th 2010, 6:18 pm
Forum Regular

brucebanner is just really nicebrucebanner is just really nicebrucebanner is just really nicebrucebanner is just really nicebrucebanner is just really nicebrucebanner is just really nicebrucebanner is just really nicebrucebanner is just really nice

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
If you don't know much about horses and need to have lessons then galloping will be a long way down the line!
You will need to learn how to tack up and get on 1st!!
I managed to gallop on the horse on my second session in Egypt. I have no idea what you're talking about, or even if you're being serious or not.
Old Dec 8th 2010, 6:42 pm
Forum Regular

I managed to gallop on the horse on my second session in Egypt. I have no idea what you're talking about, or even if you're being serious or not.
On a second session cantering maybe but galloping very unlikely. Poor reflection on the quality of teaching I'd say! A teacher who lets you do that after two sessions is playing with your life literally.
Old Dec 9th 2010, 6:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

To be able to gallop a horse under control is not something you can do after 2 lessons..yes you may have been galloping but you certainly couldn't call it riding.
Collecting the horse, learning to rise/sit to the trot and using proper leg pressure to control the horse are much more important skills to learn.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.