Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Horse-riding in Dubai

Horse-riding in Dubai

Old Jan 26th 2004, 6:13 pm
Just Joined

daisystan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Horse-riding in Dubai

Can anyone give me any advice as to what facilities there are regarding horse-riding in Dubai?

I understand it is very high-standard but there appears to be no websites that deal with this other than the odd one line.

I am particularly keen to find out more about the Dubai Equestrian Centre.

Can anyone help?
Old Jan 30th 2004, 6:36 pm
scuba chick

k3atie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Horse-riding in Dubai

Hi ya Have you tried looking through the dubai explorer / abu dhabi explorer books?

I know when i was visiting the tale end of last year i found them totally valuable. everthing seemed to be listed from how to find work through to the best supermarket. / maps etc.
I know they have a web site
But the books where freely available in spinneys and most book shops
The diving one cost 65.00 dhs
www.explorer-publishing.com

I hope this helps
Kate
Old Jan 30th 2004, 6:40 pm
scuba chick

ooops ! i have just spotted your location being london! so the reference to spinneys not much use.

I will have a think, perhaps you could order these books direct from them or through amazon.
I have asked my friend to post one to me - cos i thought i wouldn't need any more references for job hunting!! how silly i was . . . still looking

You looking for a holiday or to relocate?
Old Jan 31st 2004, 8:01 pm
Just Joined

daisystan is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah we are still here in London but not for long my husband leaves in a few weeks and I will follow with the dogs and cat (think you read my other post) and then that will be us there!!! Yikes!!!

Visited last September on a fact-finding mission and have the Explorer you mention but there are no websites and i wanted pictures!!!

Thanks though for your help. Good luck in job hunting - any particular line of work?

Cheers

Originally posted by k3atie
ooops ! i have just spotted your location being london! so the reference to spinneys not much use.

I will have a think, perhaps you could order these books direct from them or through amazon.
I have asked my friend to post one to me - cos i thought i wouldn't need any more references for job hunting!! how silly i was . . . still looking

You looking for a holiday or to relocate?
Old Feb 1st 2004, 3:27 pm
scuba chick

Ahh we draw blanks at that one then! It might well be easier when you are there . Not long now then!! but hey, ..... after this weeks snow, gales and continuing rain I bet you cannot wait!

I'm looking for something in graphics design / pre press, or at this rate something that pays the bills and lets me have some time to carry out my hobbie of diving.

Thank you replying, I will keep my eye out on the internet for anything related to horseriding
Good luck
Kate