Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Honeymoon in Dubai!!!!!

Honeymoon in Dubai!!!!!

Old Jul 18th 2005, 12:16 am
Forum Regular

leejo is on a distinguished road
Default Honeymoon in Dubai!!!!!

We are spending our honeymoon in Dubai. Can anyone recommend a hotel? Special occassion so must be 5 star rating.

Not interested in being near beach.

What is the best way to book a hotel in Dubai?

Cheers

Lee

Last edited by leejo; Jul 18th 2005 at 12:37 am.
Old Jul 18th 2005, 3:11 am
BE Enthusiast

LakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Honeymoon in Dubai!!!!!

Originally Posted by leejo
We are spending our honeymoon in Dubai. Can anyone recommend a hotel? Special occassion so must be 5 star rating.

Cheers

Lee
The Ritz Carlton, One & Only Royal Mirage or Al Qasr at Madinat Jumeirah would all fit the bill perfectly. AVOID Jumeirah Beach Hotel at all costs!

Enjoy!
Old Jul 18th 2005, 3:19 am
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with LL, The One and Only Royal Mirage is by far your best bet, it's got fantastic atmosphere - check out the Arabian Court on their website, and is very recommended!!

MQUOTE=leejo]We are spending our honeymoon in Dubai. Can anyone recommend a hotel? Special occassion so must be 5 star rating.

Cheers

Lee[/QUOTE]
Old Jul 18th 2005, 6:26 am

Welivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond repute

Most of the recommendations so far have been pretty good, however thr Ritz is down towards Jebel Ali so you are about 20-25 mins out of more central Dubai however whilst the hotel is really nice and the view to sea great there is a huge amount of constructuion going on around it (high even for Dubai).
So for a beach hotel I would again recommend:
One&only Royal Mirage

If you are looking for more central you could look at:
Fairmont Dubai
Dusit Dubai

For your honeymoon I would go through a travel agent, get them to book it as a package it will probably work out cheaper that way. Alternatively you can get a price from them and then compare it to the hotels direct on the net (some hotels do offer discounts for Internet bookings) and make you decision from there.

Hth...

Last edited by Welivehere; Jul 18th 2005 at 6:29 am.
Old Jul 18th 2005, 6:36 am
W10

I'd recommend not having your honeymoon in Dubai.

If you have to come to this region you should try staying somewhere like Muscat (Cheddi hotel??)

Or a secluded desert resort like Bal al Shams or Al Maha

Old Jul 18th 2005, 6:42 am
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond repute

Ah Mr. Grumpy where have you been?

And there's me thinking we live in paradise!!
Originally Posted by W10
I'd recommend not having your honeymoon in Dubai.

If you have to come to this region you should try staying somewhere like Muscat (Cheddi hotel??)

Or a secluded desert resort like Bal al Shams or Al Maha
Old Jul 18th 2005, 6:56 am
W10

I like to bring my cheerful brand of optimism to the boards.

Well, Dubai's not really a honeymoon place is it (unless the couple in question happen to be under the age of 23)

Old Jul 18th 2005, 7:05 am
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I s'pose it depends on what they want to do. If it's Culture (or culcha) then it's a bit lacking (although they do make a big issue about their wind towers!!), if it's getting outragously drunk and beten up by the local CID then welcome aboard!!

Oh and then there's the AED50 breakfast, lunch and 5 drinks at Waxy's on a Friday!!

And we shouldn't forget the Summer Surprises and that annoying little yellow bloke that looks like Zebedee on acid!

Originally Posted by W10
Well, Dubai's not really a honeymoon place is it (unless the couple in question happen to be under the age of 23)
Old Jul 18th 2005, 7:11 am
A Natural Blonde

Zannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond repute

Contact the travel agent, Trailfinders, they are primarily based in the UK, but they do have an office in Queensland. We've always booked our holidays through them as they usually have fantastic offers on flights and hotels.

If you're not bothered about a beach hotel why not try the Bab al Shams which is in Dubai, but out in the desert about 30 kms away from Dubai city, it is supposed to be fantastic. Great for honeymooners!! They hotel may even offer a shuttle service into Dubai? but taxis here are pretty cheap too. But if you would prefer to be "in town" then the One and Only Royal Mirage is the best hotel, OK, it is a beach hotel, but extremely luxurious!

Zannie x
Old Jul 18th 2005, 7:14 am
A Natural Blonde

Zannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond repute

Just to add...

Here's the website address: http://www.babalshams.com/

Looks fantastic!

Zannie x
Old Jul 18th 2005, 7:27 am
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

But on a serious note....

Fly withe Emirates (I am biased) tell them it's your honeymoon, free champagne for the flight.

Get Marhaba services http://www.marhabaservices.com/ at Dubai Airport they make arriving so much easier.

The One And Only will order you transport to their hotel. Get accustomed for a few days.

Then get whisked to http://www.al-maha.com/ (for the scenery and experience) couple that with http://www.arabian-adventures.com/ to see the majestic beauty of the Desert.

Extend stay at One and Only or maybe Dusit for a different aspect.

Head back home having had an amazing experience in an amazing place.

3 weeks later fall over when credit card bill arrives (only joking - slightly)

Have fun

M
Old Jul 18th 2005, 7:31 am
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

TA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond repute

when my parents were here they got a rate lower than the summer rate (in february) at Burj Al Arab through travco (i think its travco.com).

They were going to stay at the royal mirage but that is right next to the trunk of the palm and is actually quite noisy right now in addition to having no view anymore as it looks at the stupid palm (i know you said beach doesn't matter but if you are going to stay at a beach hotel it might as well have a view).

Nothing beats the burj al arab for a one of a kind experience and great room.
Other than that i'd say al qasr or mina salaam.

The ritz and all those hotels are in a dust filled construction area at the moment and if your marriage is worth anythign to you should be avoided.

If I were you i'd split your time between the burj al arab and one of the two desert resorts (al maha, bab al shams). Al Maha bedouin suites (for 2) are AED 1800 per night (USD 500) per suite. This includes all meals and your suite has its own pool, and it also includes 'activities'.
Old Jul 18th 2005, 7:33 am
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

TA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond repute

oh and I agree whatever you do avoid jumeira beach hotel, NOT a honeymoon resort at all
Old Jul 18th 2005, 7:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Border Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond repute

I never knew there were so many romantics on this board! Must be the heat.
Old Jul 18th 2005, 8:31 am
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Cheers

Lee

Hello Lee..... welcome to our corner of cyberspace.

Dont listen to this lot..... they are holding back.... the ultimate honeymoon hotel would have to be the Burj Al Arab.... Dubai's 7 Star hotel.

http://www.burj-al-arab.com/

Interior iews:

Now thats what I call a hotel for a honeymoon.

Let us know if u have any more q's.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.