Reload this Page >

Holidaying In Dubai With BF?

Holidaying In Dubai With BF?

Old Mar 23rd 2013, 11:15 pm
Just Joined

PhantomSeriously is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Holidaying In Dubai With BF?

Hi guys,

I was born in Dubai before the city had that big boom, but moved back to the UK when I was a kid. So I don't remember much of the laws and legalities.

I'm planning on going on holiday with the Boyfriend next year in Dubai, but then we had second thoughts when we saw that it was even illegal to co-habit in a hotel together?

Would greatly appreciate it if someone could give me some clarity on this. And any other tips would be highly welcome!

Many thanks (:
Old Mar 24th 2013, 12:56 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Holidaying In Dubai With BF?

I really wouldn't worry about it, Hoteliers would rather have your money than anything else.

It's very usual for married couples to have different surnames.

And to be fair, the police have better things to do.

Just wear a cheap wedding ring.
Old Mar 24th 2013, 4:43 am
BE Enthusiast

DOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this point

I spent a week there last year with no problems whatsoever. Same room,diff names no rings etc

Did it again a month ago again with no problem

Like KIX said hoteliers would rather have your money

Show a bit of respect on the streets and you should be fine
Old Mar 24th 2013, 7:20 am
Forum Regular

Hanky is an unknown quantity at this point

I did it this year for Stone Roses gig no problems whatsoever and no hassle on Kite Beach.
Old Mar 24th 2013, 7:21 am
BE Enthusiast

DOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hanky
I did it this year for Stone Roses gig no problems whatsoever and no hassle on Kite Beach.
Snap did exact same
Old Mar 24th 2013, 9:36 am
Just Joined

Does it happen a lot?
It's not me who is really worried, it's the boyfriend as he has never been there before and thinks it's a lot stricter than it really is.

Thanks for all the replies!
Old Mar 24th 2013, 9:37 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by PhantomSeriously
Does it happen a lot?
It's not me who is really worried, it's the boyfriend as he has never been there before and thinks it's a lot stricter than it really is.

Thanks for all the replies!
Really. Don't worry.
Old Mar 24th 2013, 9:49 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Kix
Really. Don't worry.
Thank you. (:
Old Mar 24th 2013, 10:37 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Just to put the cat amongst the pigeons, here is an Aussie perspective...
http://www.smh.com.au/travel/travel-...323-2gmef.html
Old Mar 24th 2013, 11:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Qantas has been providing cultural training for its staff before the alliance with Emirates, advising that customer issues with UAE passengers may be best solved by a man.

''Don't take offence, don't continue to try and sort something out, simply hand it over to a male colleague. It doesn't matter whether you are the manager or supervisor, the fact that he is male will make all the difference,'' is the advice.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/travel/travel-...#ixzz2OSHOegbl

Oh yes, because all the male flight attendants are so butch!!
Old Mar 24th 2013, 12:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
Qantas has been providing cultural training for its staff before the alliance with Emirates, advising that customer issues with UAE passengers may be best solved by a man.

''Don't take offence, don't continue to try and sort something out, simply hand it over to a male colleague. It doesn't matter whether you are the manager or supervisor, the fact that he is male will make all the difference,'' is the advice.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/travel/travel-...#ixzz2OSHOegbl

Oh yes, because all the male flight attendants are so butch!!
lol, I just flew back to Qatar from South America...the male flight attendant in our section was smaller than I am, had better tweezed eyebrows than me and his lipgloss stayed on the whole 16 hours of the flight.....he was really nice and attentive...especially when I asked about duty free perfumes. But hey, I am sure he is a great problem solver....
Old Mar 24th 2013, 2:01 pm
Forum Regular

Equestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by PhantomSeriously
Hi guys,

I was born in Dubai before the city had that big boom, but moved back to the UK when I was a kid. So I don't remember much of the laws and legalities.

I'm planning on going on holiday with the Boyfriend next year in Dubai, but then we had second thoughts when we saw that it was even illegal to co-habit in a hotel together?

Would greatly appreciate it if someone could give me some clarity on this. And any other tips would be highly welcome!

Many thanks (:
Refrain from attempting s*x in the back of a cab or on the beach and you'll be fine.