Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Dubai - Manchester. Help Needed Please

Dubai - Manchester. Help Needed Please

Old Jan 14th 2018, 5:28 am
Forum Regular

Made in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud of
Default Dubai - Manchester. Help Needed Please

I’m looking for a non-stop, one-way flight to Manchester as I’ll be taking our cat to the UK in a few weeks and I’m not sure when I’ll be returning.

I’ve found the following Emirates flights:

01.02.18 DXB – MAN
3,220 AED

Or

01.02.18 DXB – MAN
08.02.18 MAN - DXB
2,895 AED

Or

25.01.18 MAN – DXB
01.02.18 DXB – MAN
£329.54

Obviously the third option is the cheapest but would I face any problems at check in/security at DXB or Manchester on the “return” journey as I never came on the outbound flight?
Old Jan 14th 2018, 5:48 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dubai - Manchester. Help Needed Please

Just to ask, you have all the vaccinations and paperwork sorted out? Including the RATT?

Last part of your question: yes. You cannot board because you never came on the outbound flight. It's not a passport issue, but an airline policy. You must be on the first leg or the rest of the ticket is void.

Last edited by DXBtoDOH; Jan 14th 2018 at 5:51 am.
Old Jan 14th 2018, 5:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Good value flights. Might have to start doing Manchester over brum if this is the case.
Old Jan 14th 2018, 5:59 am
Forum Regular

Made in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
Just to ask, you have all the vaccinations and paperwork sorted out? Including the RATT?

Last part of your question: yes. You cannot board because you never came on the outbound flight. It's not a passport issue, but an airline policy. You must be on the first leg or the rest of the ticket is void.
Bugger. Thanks anyway (knew they'd be a catch).

Yeah, all vacs are up to date. We're using Pet Express so all the paperwork is getting sorted. We've even had to fill in a form so HMRC won't charge tax as pets coming into the UK are now classed as goods.
Old Jan 14th 2018, 8:50 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Made in Sheffield 1
Bugger. Thanks anyway (knew they'd be a catch).

Yeah, all vacs are up to date. We're using Pet Express so all the paperwork is getting sorted. We've even had to fill in a form so HMRC won't charge tax as pets coming into the UK are now classed as goods.
If you don't mind me asking how much does it cost to relocate your cat back to the UK?
I have a cat and a dog and have no clue how much it would cost and whether it's a fairly straight forward process eg does the cat come on the same flight as yourself and if so, do you get to pick her/him up when you both land?
Old Jan 14th 2018, 9:36 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mission
If you don't mind me asking how much does it cost to relocate your cat back to the UK?
I have a cat and a dog and have no clue how much it would cost and whether it's a fairly straight forward process eg does the cat come on the same flight as yourself and if so, do you get to pick her/him up when you both land?
No problem. The below is for transportation to Manchester Airport, not sure if price is different to other airports.

The total cost for our cat is 6,753 AED (inc VAT). This includes MOA Health certificate, EU certificate, flight, clearance at Manchester and travel crate.
Just make sure their vacs (including rabies) are up to date.

You don't have to be on the same flight. BTW, Emirates don't allow pets in the cabin, they have to go in the hold. Once they are taken off the plane they are transported to the animal reception centre (a few miles from Manchester airport). It takes about 2 - 3 hours to process the paperwork. If you've arranged for someone else to pick them up they'll need to show ID.

I think you can do it cheaper if arranged all by yourself but I wouldn't know where to start.

The company we're using have loads of positive reviews on Facebook through Bin Kitty and their own page.
Old Jan 14th 2018, 10:18 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

I know some people are doing it more cheaply by flying to Amsterdam or Frankfurt and hiring a car and driving the rest of the way to the UK. The regulations for bringing in a pet into the EU is different from the UK, but the UK accepts pets from the EU more easily. A bit complicated.

But a professional pet shipper certainly provides for ease of mind. When I repatriate with the cats I'll probably go the pet shipper (I organised the shipping from Dubai to Doha myself and it was easy enough).

You should speak with your vet about pet relocation options and always stay on top of them because regulations can change and the UK regulations for bringing in pets are stiff. You must have a valid RATT shot, for example, and it needs to be done within a certain time frame. You can't just rock up to the plane the day before with your cat and dog I always make sure my cats' vaccinations are up to date and in a position to be relocated to the UK tomorrow if needed.
Old Jan 14th 2018, 11:07 am
...we killed the flame

Miss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Made in Sheffield 1
BTW, Emirates don't allow pets in the cabin, they have to go in the hold.
But like all airlines flying out of Dubai, they are required to carry falcons in the main cabin, albeit in blanket-covered cages....
Old Jan 14th 2018, 12:37 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Good value flights. Might have to start doing Manchester over brum if this is the case.
I have a flight (LHR-DXB-LHR) to book and last time I looked it was £323.
Old Jan 14th 2018, 3:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like I’m going to have to set Ollie free if it’s 6400 to fly him home.

I paid 6k for him and set 6k aside for his lifetime opex. He’s spent around 600dh that already so not enough left in his tin for international travel.
Old Jan 14th 2018, 3:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

I paid 6k for him and set 6k aside for his lifetime opex. He’s spent around 600dh that already so not enough left in his tin for international travel.
You paid 6k for a dog or cat?

I don't know if you're caustic (as usual) or not but if for some reason you cannot take the pet with you and cannot rehome it, the best thing to do is to quietly put the pet down. Do not abandon it on the streets. It's far worse. They have no comprehension of it, will starve and will die terribly. That's what happens to most abandoned pets.
Old Jan 15th 2018, 1:58 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
You paid 6k for a dog or cat?

I don't know if you're caustic (as usual) or not but if for some reason you cannot take the pet with you and cannot rehome it, the best thing to do is to quietly put the pet down. Do not abandon it on the streets. It's far worse. They have no comprehension of it, will starve and will die terribly. That's what happens to most abandoned pets.
I'm no animal loving mentalist nor do I really know but surely you'll be able to find a home for a half decent pet before just killing it?
Old Jan 15th 2018, 4:27 am
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute

Im sure a Chinese restaurant would happily purchase Ollie from you for 6k so at least it would recoup some investment (else set him free in summer and you can see your assets sweating !)
Old Jan 15th 2018, 4:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Scamp
I'm no animal loving mentalist nor do I really know but surely you'll be able to find a home for a half decent pet before just killing it?
The animal rescue groups are overloaded with dumped pets that no one can find homes for. Many more are just dumped on the streets by irresponsible owners.

Every vet will tell you if you cannot find a home, the kindest thing is to quietly put the pet down. It's not ideal, but it's a far better thing than cruelly dumping them in the desert or on the streets. They very rarely survive. They've never built up the instincts for living in the wild, don't know where or how to get food, and are left at the mercy of other animals as well as cruel locals who think nothing of leaving out poison.
Old Jan 15th 2018, 4:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by UKCityGent
Im sure a Chinese restaurant would happily purchase Ollie from you for 6k so at least it would recoup some investment (else set him free in summer and you can see your assets sweating !)
Good idea. He’s ugly. I could probably pass him off as a pig.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.