Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Holiday Destinations

Holiday Destinations

Old Nov 10th 2004, 5:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute
Default Holiday Destinations

I am working over Eid and taking a 4 day weekend in a few weeks time instead.

looking for good ideas for a great destination that's cheap yet interesting within a few hours flight from Dubai.
Old Nov 10th 2004, 8:08 am
Princess

Jamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud of
Default Re: Holiday Destinations

Tanzania!

(a 5-6 hour flight, but the Emirates will take you there on a direct flight)

Exotic, friendly people, possibility both for beachlife and safaris. I loved it! Paid 1900 DHS for my flight, but you can get it for less.
Old Nov 10th 2004, 8:10 am
BE Enthusiast

DubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud of

Cyprus or Turkey?
Old Nov 10th 2004, 8:17 am
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DubaiExpat
Cyprus or Turkey?
Both good & Lebanon - especially the skiing i'm told - Face where r u??
Old Nov 10th 2004, 8:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Truth Speak
OK - i'm deciding between Tanzania (due to Jamilla's enthusiasm) or Lebanon.
I had no idea you could ski in Lebanon? surely not?!?!
Old Nov 10th 2004, 8:29 am
BE Enthusiast

DubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud of

I would definitely recommend Lebanon it is BRILLIANT!!! And yes you CAN ski in Lebanon, in the Bekaa Valley I believe!!
Old Nov 10th 2004, 1:45 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

here i am!

lololol........

cud try iran...... wud be ALOT cheper that anywhere else and the skiing will be gr8 up north in tehran...... bout 5.5 hrs from Dubai

alternatively istanbul is good aswell...... cheap and a really gorgeous place on the whole.......bout 4.5 hrs from Dubai

if u r desperate for more warmth (!!!!!!) then try KL in Malaysia..... very cheap place and its a very exotic place to visit..... 8 hrs from Dubai.
Old Nov 10th 2004, 1:48 pm
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Face81
here i am!

lololol........

cud try iran...... wud be ALOT cheper that anywhere else and the skiing will be gr8 up north in tehran...... bout 5.5 hrs from Dubai

alternatively istanbul is good aswell...... cheap and a really gorgeous place on the whole.......bout 4.5 hrs from Dubai

if u r desperate for more warmth (!!!!!!) then try KL in Malaysia..... very cheap place and its a very exotic place to visit..... 8 hrs from Dubai.
Ok Thomas
Old Nov 10th 2004, 1:58 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Ok Thomas
lol.......... i try my best!

U cud do wot I did..... during my 8-day break this summer i ran off to vancouver for a week!

24 hrs door-2-door...... but it was worth the trip..... lovely place...... i think it cost errrr...... AED 4800 (including taxes) went on emirates+aircanada.