Holiday

Old Apr 18th 2008, 8:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Karlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Holiday

Right Folks

Just booked six nights at Al Raha Beach Hotel with the family prior to me flying out to work in June

Read the guidebooks, loads of info etc. but any advice on 'must see' & 'must eat' would be appreciated, six days isn't a lot when you intend visiting schools & work etc. to meet with new collegues!

Thanks in advance
Old Apr 18th 2008, 10:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

CeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Holiday

Originally Posted by Karlos The Jackal
Right Folks

Just booked six nights at Al Raha Beach Hotel with the family prior to me flying out to work in June

Read the guidebooks, loads of info etc. but any advice on 'must see' & 'must eat' would be appreciated, six days isn't a lot when you intend visiting schools & work etc. to meet with new collegues!

Thanks in advance
So you got it sorted then mate? Well done.

Possibly a trip to Emirates Palace?
Old Apr 19th 2008, 3:52 am
Forum Regular

BlackCloud is a jewel in the roughBlackCloud is a jewel in the roughBlackCloud is a jewel in the roughBlackCloud is a jewel in the roughBlackCloud is a jewel in the rough

Might sound obvious but plan any 'business' type visits i.e. school etc for mornings and on the working days of the week here (Sun-Thur). Friday is dead until afternoon and other days there isn't much interest in business after 12 in many govt. type departments although many things open up for 7.30/8. Kids are all leaving the schools at around 2/2.30 I think.

Of course the place is buzzing in the malls and on the streets from 5 until late at night
Old Apr 19th 2008, 4:06 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Al raha beach hotel is pretty nice. Good beach club also. Nip directly over the road and ill make you a cup of tea
Old Apr 19th 2008, 5:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Chris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond repute

I'd try and book into the revolving restaurant at the Royal Meridian. Unlimited champagne, loadsa food and a fantastic view of Abu Dhabi.
Failing that, you can't go wrong with the restaurants here. There are hundred to choose from. The buffet in the Al Raha is very good for lunch, I regulary go there from work
Old Apr 19th 2008, 5:42 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad
Al raha beach hotel is pretty nice. Good beach club also. Nip directly over the road and ill make you a cup of tea
thanks AA that would be lovely
Old Apr 19th 2008, 6:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Karlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad
Not a problem AA, I will look out for a 'Miguel Indurain' type fella and give you a call !

Believe it of not I used to do a helluva lot of road racing & time trials in my younger days although you wouldn't believe it...............looking at my avatar !
Old Apr 19th 2008, 6:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by CeeBee
So you got it sorted then mate? Well done.

Possibly a trip to Emirates Palace?
Yeah mate all sorted although I am still awaiting my employment contract being re-sent as they spelt my name wrong !!!!!
Old Apr 19th 2008, 6:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Chris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah mate all sorted although I am still awaiting my employment contract being re-sent as they spelt my name wrong !!!!!
Karlos with a 'C' ?
You get used to that sort of thing over here. I have 3 different passes for working at the airport and all 3 are different
Old Apr 19th 2008, 7:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Is was my surname actually Chris, ends in 'Shaw', they spelt it 'Shan' !!!!

Although they obviously got the surname right on my e-mail address when they sent it through ! :curse:
Old Apr 19th 2008, 7:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Is was my surname actually Chris, ends in 'Shaw', they spelt it 'Shan' !!!!

Although they obviously got the surname right on my e-mail address when they sent it through ! :curse:
That would mean common sense to spot something like that!
Welcome to the wonderful world of the UAE!
Old Apr 20th 2008, 8:51 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
thanks AA that would be lovely
anytime BC you know that
Old Apr 20th 2008, 8:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Not a problem AA, I will look out for a 'Miguel Indurain' type fella and give you a call !

Believe it of not I used to do a helluva lot of road racing & time trials in my younger days although you wouldn't believe it...............looking at my avatar !
you cant miss me, im the one with the fat arse, pink lycra getting left standing by the local construction workers burning along on their 2 tone steel bikes
Old Apr 20th 2008, 9:04 am
Here comes the Sun

twinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond repute

Right Folks

Thanks in advance
My mother and sister in law stayed there for a night it was really nice they gave a visa card in to have swiped as requested but decided to pay cash. When they got home they found out that the hotel had taken the money by visa also. It took 5 months to get the money back including constant calls to the hotel manager and visa card company....

Its a bit out in the sticks there!! Hence riff raff like AA live nearby..
( you really AA)

The revolving restaurant Al Fanar 009712742020 (number from uk) gets booked up so you have to call and book 2 or three weeks in advance for brunch. It is fizz not champagne...some people cant tell the difference... Its at the Royal meridian there are two meridians and the taxi drivers always get lost...

Buy the Abu Dhabi Explorer it has everything in there you need to know from tourist to resident.
Old Apr 20th 2008, 9:14 am
BE Forum Addict

its a bit out in the sticks there!! Hence riff raff like AA live nearby..
its called the suburbs darling.........we keep the riff raff confined to the City centre high rise flats...

People in Apartments get all moist because they have a bloody balcony...whooopdefriggin ping. I have 3 all of which are prob bigger than your average balcony in a high rise ex council flat....And my Front, rear and quadrangle gardens are doing fine also

For family living, it beats an apartment in the middle of bloody Abu Dhabi hands down any given day of the week...

keep the riff raff out of the suburbs, thats what i say

especially theiving scousers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.