Hobbies in Saudi

Old Feb 28th 2010, 12:07 pm
Just Joined

kitabrad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hobbies in Saudi

I'm new in Riyadh and am looking for bridge players who'd like a weekend game or divers who'd like to come on the odd Red Sea dive outing. If we get a group it's possible to organize a live aboard trip out of Jeddah. Please give me a shout if either of these activities interest you.
Cheers,
Kevin
Old Feb 28th 2010, 12:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

coffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hobbies in Saudi

Welcome to the costa del sand pit.
Before you plan to go any where you need your iquama, it would be very foolish to think about to try to leave Riyadh without one of those.
Also Jeddah is a good 9-10 hour drive, unless you plan to fly down.

You may find a lot of people do work part of the day on thursdays here in Riyadh.
Once you get your self settled in Riyadh, there is just soooo much social life here every weekend.
Old Feb 28th 2010, 6:09 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Five is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by coffindodger
Welcome to the costa del sand pit..................You may find a lot of people do work part of the day on thursdays here in Riyadh.
Sorry for the diversion on the threads topic folks, but re: working on Thursdays ...I've been told my company works Thursay AM, which seems a real rough deal coming from the West World !

Is the 1.5 days weekend the norm in Saudi ?

If it is then I think my new hobby in Saudi will be 'Recuperating !
Old Mar 1st 2010, 4:31 am
BE Forum Addict

coffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hi Five
Sorry for the diversion on the threads topic folks, but re: working on Thursdays ...I've been told my company works Thursay AM, which seems a real rough deal coming from the West World !

Is the 1.5 days weekend the norm in Saudi ?

If it is then I think my new hobby in Saudi will be 'Recuperating !
Yes it is the norm unless you are one of the part time teachers ha ha
Then they have sooooooooo much time off, but hey its horses for courses.
Yes a lot, not all but a lot of companies do work for a few hours on a thursday, mine certainly do's
Old Mar 1st 2010, 6:09 am
Just Joined

Ta very much coffindodger.

Do you know any card groups/players in your social circle. If so, please talk to them.

As for diving I was hoping to do some live aboard if possible during the first half of april - about april 7 to 16. I phoned a Jeddah shop that does live aboard but they only take groups.

Old Mar 1st 2010, 6:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by kitabrad
Ta very much coffindodger.

Do you know any card groups/players in your social circle. If so, please talk to them.

As for diving I was hoping to do some live aboard if possible during the first half of april - about april 7 to 16. I phoned a Jeddah shop that does live aboard but they only take groups.

Have you got your iquama yet ???

If not you may have to wait untill you do.
Why not ask them to put you on a list they must have only a small group want to diving some weekends.
But there are lots of diving shops / centres in Jeddah.
Old Mar 1st 2010, 7:19 am
Just Joined

Ta again. My iquama is supposed to be ready in 2 weeks - I'm aware that's an inshalla situation. I'll try to get on a list.
cheers