Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Hiring a sailfishing boat - any ideas?

Hiring a sailfishing boat - any ideas?

Old Feb 22nd 2006, 4:31 am
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hiring a sailfishing boat - any ideas?

My brother's hopefully coming out at the end of March, and he's really keen on doing some deep-sea fishing. Since it'll still be the sailfish season it'd be cool to give that a try... does anyone have any recommendations for boats to charter that won't cost a year's rent?
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 4:40 am
Remember

Desert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hiring a sailfishing boat - any ideas?

The intrinsic problem with deep sea fishing off Dubai is the fact that here is no deep sea!

As George Michael said, If You're Gonna Do It, Do It Right. I'd head down to Oman and go to Marina Bandar Rowdha and sort it from there. I used to deep sea fish when I lived in Oman (on a friend's boat though) and we fished for tuna. The biggest we got was an 80kg sucker. You can get Marlin, Dorado, Barra's etc as well as big Hammour if you do the deep reefs.
I'm not sure what is available on the east coast further up in Fujeirah and Al Sawadi though- maybe worth trying there too.
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 4:42 am
Forum Regular

barsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Desert Dweller
The intrinsic problem with deep sea fishing off Dubai is the fact that here is no deep sea!

As George Michael said, If You're Gonna Do It, Do It Right. I'd head down to Oman and go to Marina Bandar Rowdha and sort it from there. I used to deep sea fish when I lived in Oman (on a friend's boat though) and we fished for tuna. The biggest we got was an 80kg sucker. You can get Marlin, Dorado, Barra's etc as well as big Hammour if you do the deep reefs.
I'm not sure what is available on the east coast further up in Fujeirah and Al Sawadi though- maybe worth trying there too.
also, with all the work on palm island there don't seem to be many fish anymore! would definitely go to the indian ocean!
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 4:45 am
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Desert Dweller
Whatever. You can get sailfish here, and that's what counts!

I'd head down to Oman and go to Marina Bandar Rowdha and sort it from there
We won't have time for that - it needs to be Dubai-based. I've got one quote for AED 1500 for three hours, but that seems a wee bit short.
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 5:07 am
Banned

CasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GarethR
My brother's hopefully coming out at the end of March, and he's really keen on doing some deep-sea fishing. Since it'll still be the sailfish season it'd be cool to give that a try... does anyone have any recommendations for boats to charter that won't cost a year's rent?

What about near Dibba on Omani enclave? It a great location for sigthseeing plus Fishing!

You can rent the Dhow along with Captain and an helper for the whole day for aed 200 per person or aed 1000/- in totall. (nego)

also food and drink provided.

its 1 an half hour drive from Dubai.

If you interested I will give you the contact mob. no.
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 5:22 am
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GarethR
Whatever. You can get sailfish here, and that's what counts!
I could be wrong here - but if you want to keep and eat the Sailfish then I think you will not be able to. I think they are protected...

If you wanna eat what you catch - maybe go with DD or CN's advice?

Whatever dude.
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 5:49 am
Soupy twist

Originally Posted by Autonomy
I could be wrong here - but if you want to keep and eat the Sailfish then I think you will not be able to
I know - we just want to do it for the sport, not to kill and eat them.
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 5:52 am