Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Hiring process in Saudi Arabia

Hiring process in Saudi Arabia

Old Sep 16th 2012, 1:49 am
Just Joined

Johann is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Hiring process in Saudi Arabia

A company in Saudi Arabia sent me a formal job offer; I accepted it and they sent me a letter for a business visa invitation, I applied for the visa and I got it, and I let them know I have it, it was so fast.
They asked me then to send a detail CV and scanned copies of my documents and credentials. They said the” client” wanted to see them (the company that is hiring me is a huge construction company), I sent everything and more and they said it should be approved by the client, it have been a week since,
My Questions:
It is normal?
Are they looking for justification in order to withdraw the offer?
Please advise me,
Thank
Old Sep 16th 2012, 12:31 pm
Forum Regular

ShawJ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hiring process in Saudi Arabia

Hi, assuming you are planning to live and work in Saudi, technically you will need a work VISA, which the company you are working for will need to provide. They will check that your qualifications match the VISA they have. The business VISA suggests that they want you to come to Saudi before the work VISA is processed - the work VISA has to be done in your home country.

Last edited by ShawJ; Sep 16th 2012 at 12:32 pm. Reason: typo