British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Hiring home help in Dubai (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/hiring-home-help-dubai-937865/)

Goldfish14 Mar 29th 2021 2:07 pm

Hiring home help in Dubai

Hiya,

where can I go to seek someone to iron clothes once or twice a week in Dubai?

psychopomp1 Mar 29th 2021 5:09 pm

Re: Hiring home help in Dubai

Here you go

https://lmgtfy.app/?q=home+ironing+service+dubai

UKMS Mar 30th 2021 4:07 am

Originally Posted by Goldfish14 (Post 12988932)
Hiya,

where can I go to seek someone to iron clothes once or twice a week in Dubai?

You sure asking lots of questions scattered all over the forum ....... are you actually in Dubai yet ?

Millhouse Mar 30th 2021 6:49 am

Originally Posted by psychopomp1 (Post 12988996)

it kinda loses it's impact when the full URL is copied. :D

Goldfish14 Mar 30th 2021 9:25 am

Yes, in Dubai presently. Thought I was asking advice and insights in the right places. My apologies if I’m not doing so correctly

UKMS Mar 30th 2021 9:41 am

Originally Posted by Goldfish14 (Post 12989256)
Yes, in Dubai presently. Thought I was asking advice and insights in the right places. My apologies if I’m not doing so correctly

Of course you can ask whatever you like :) ....... I was just slightly puzzled as your other posts seemed to indicate you were stuck in Pakistan, heading to Malaysia or the UK , pregnant and had lost your passport ...... glad you resolved everything :)

Millhouse Mar 30th 2021 9:42 am

Originally Posted by UKMS (Post 12989264)
Of course you can ask whatever you like :) ....... I was just slightly puzzled as your other posts seemed to indicate you were stuck in Pakistan, pregnant and had lost your passport ...... glad you resolved everything :)

stalker alert

UKMS Mar 30th 2021 9:49 am

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 12989265)
stalker alert

Nah .... just find it hilarious people posting all sorts of sh1te all over the place thinking its invisible ;)

christmasoompa Mar 30th 2021 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by UKMS (Post 12989267)
Nah .... just find it hilarious people posting all sorts of sh1te all over the place thinking its invisible ;)

Why do you think it's 'sh1te' or the OP's hoping her previous posts are 'invisible'? :confused: She's been very open about the plan to move to Dubai, it was in her first post on the forum. https://britishexpats.com/forum/movi.../#post12969932

UKMS Mar 30th 2021 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by christmasoompa (Post 12989304)
Why do you think it's 'sh1te' or the OP's hoping her previous posts are 'invisible'? :confused: She's been very open about the plan to move to Dubai, it was in her first post on the forum. https://britishexpats.com/forum/movi.../#post12969932

ooops .... super moderator on the case ! ;)
As a super mod you will know that people of often post things on one thread perhaps forgetting what they've posted on another, there are also many dreamers who pass through the ME threads particularly about Dubai but of course I may have made a terrible mistake and everything is absolutely genuine for which I humbly apologise.

Perhaps my description of sh1te is harsh ...... the OP titles the first thread partly as 'now pregnant' but then goes on to ask questions 'if i fall pregnant in dubai' .... of course she may just be planning well ahead. Then a lost passport thread and panic about transferring visas, mention of spending months in Malaysia "we can go to Malaysia,where we will be for a few months"

It seems that on reflection, luckily in the space of 4 weeks the passports have been found/replaced , visas sorted and she's moved to Dubai, presumably happily expecting an addition to the family, which is great news !

Goldfish14 Mar 30th 2021 11:17 pm

Originally Posted by UKMS (Post 12989264)
Of course you can ask whatever you like :) ....... I was just slightly puzzled as your other posts seemed to indicate you were stuck in Pakistan, heading to Malaysia or the UK , pregnant and had lost your passport ...... glad you resolved everything :)

Wow my plight was noticed! That’s incredible.. thank you for your concern... a lot of the advice from my previous frantic posts greatly helped with resolving, or at least making massive hurdles reduce down, a lot of my predicaments. This forum is and has been amazing help, and it;s why I continue to seek great advice and help here :) very grateful

Goldfish14 Mar 30th 2021 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by UKMS (Post 12989267)

oh...
):

Goldfish14 Mar 30th 2021 11:25 pm

Originally Posted by UKMS (Post 12989342)
ooops .... super moderator on the case ! ;)
As a super mod you will know that people of often post things on one thread perhaps forgetting what they've posted on another, there are also many dreamers who pass through the ME threads particularly about Dubai but of course I may have made a terrible mistake and everything is absolutely genuine for which I humbly apologise.

Perhaps my description of sh1te is harsh ...... the OP titles the first thread partly as 'now pregnant' but then goes on to ask questions 'if i fall pregnant in dubai' .... of course she may just be planning well ahead. Then a lost passport thread and panic about transferring visas, mention of spending months in Malaysia "we can go to Malaysia,where we will be for a few months"

It seems that on reflection, luckily in the space of 4 weeks the passports have been found/replaced , visas sorted and she's moved to Dubai, presumably happily expecting an addition to the family, which is great news !

ah! Ok let me explain. I didn’t want to jinx anything by fully telling the truth of my whereabouts/plans. So part of my posts were hypothetical and me planning ahead, and parts were true at the time but ended up not materialising. I initially was meant to go to Dubai, my visa got rejected and I felt it may have gotten rejected because I counted my chickens before they hatched, so going forward, said I’d be going to Malaysia; but if we replace ‘Malaysia’ with Dubai, then it makes more sense :)

and pregnancy didn’t survive..

Goldfish14 Mar 30th 2021 11:27 pm

Originally Posted by christmasoompa (Post 12989304)

:)

UKMS Mar 31st 2021 5:53 am

Originally Posted by Goldfish14 (Post 12989545)
ah! Ok let me explain. I didn’t want to jinx anything by fully telling the truth of my whereabouts/plans. So part of my posts were hypothetical and me planning ahead, and parts were true at the time but ended up not materialising. I initially was meant to go to Dubai, my visa got rejected and I felt it may have gotten rejected because I counted my chickens before they hatched, so going forward, said I’d be going to Malaysia; but if we replace ‘Malaysia’ with Dubai, then it makes more sense :)

and pregnancy didn’t survive..

Its great that you got your rejected UAE visa sorted and turned round within a month you are one of the lucky ones ....... good luck with everything now that you are here !