Hili Border Post

Old Aug 25th 2013, 11:17 am
Just Joined

Tchae7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Hili Border Post

Hello everyone,

I've heard that the rules have changed at the Hili Border Crossing in Al Ain.
Previously, expats who only wanted to go to Buraimi just had to wave their passports.
Now someone told me that you need a stamp and then to cross the Oman border to get a visa back.

Does anyone have any update on the situation there ?

Thank you in advance.
Old Aug 25th 2013, 9:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really nice
Default Re: Hili Border Post

This is correct. You need to go to the Wadi Jizzi border post, stamp in and out of Oman before returning to a UAE border crossing. I would choose the one at Khattim Al Shikkla beside the Danat
Old Aug 26th 2013, 9:43 am
Just Joined

Thank you for your answer.
You seem to be very well informed and I would like to make the situation on that border as clear as possible ;-)
As far as I know there are 4 border posts in Al Ain, one of them being restricted to GCC passports holders.
Hili was the border were expats could cross to Buraimi without a stamp.
Do you when it changed (and why ;-) ) ?
I have also been told that at one of the two other border posts (except from Hili, I don't know their names), expats could cross, pay and get a stamp and then cross back from Buraimi without having crossed the Omani border.
Do you have any more accurate information on that border ?

Thank you again.
Old Aug 26th 2013, 10:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Bluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really nice

Changed approx 10th July this year?
Why? Who knows.
No matter what post you cross at you won't get back to the UAE without first being stamped in and out of Oman.
The Mezyad crossing is the one where the UAE and Omani border are closest - just over 1km apart.
Hope this helps you
Old Aug 26th 2013, 10:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

It probably changed because the Emiratis at last realised that there are some dodgy foilk about !
Old Sep 6th 2013, 9:34 am
Just Joined

Thanks again for your answers,

It's not possible anymore to visit Buraimi alone, then ?
I wonder how the daily commuters manage now ???
There must be quite a lot of them and not only GCC passport holders...

If anyone gets better news about this border, fell free to post it here.

Thanks

Old Sep 10th 2013, 5:49 am
Just Joined

Someone just told me that the Khattim Al Shikkla beside the Danat border post was for GCC passports holders only and that residents were turned back, is that a fact ?

Thank you.
Old Sep 10th 2013, 10:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tchae7
Someone just told me that the Khattim Al Shikkla beside the Danat border post was for GCC passports holders only and that residents were turned back, is that a fact ?

Thank you.
I got through no problem in April though the rules may have changed since then. Though I doubt it, as this crossing is mainly used by trucks and I've never met a local truck driver.
Old Sep 10th 2013, 11:09 am
BE Forum Addict

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute

This has some updates on the various border crossings:
www.redarmadapublishing.com/blog/?p=1762
Old Sep 12th 2013, 10:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

By "some dodgy folk around", I just wished to indicate that all not all migranrs to the UAE are honest, law-abiding, God-fearing people ! Of course the authorities have ro control the borders of the state !