British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   High tea @ burj khalifa (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/high-tea-%40-burj-khalifa-878621/)

jeanc Jun 8th 2016 10:56 pm

High tea @ burj khalifa

Hi,
Could anyone tell me the dress code for this please? Scoured the Internet but not getting any proper answers. I am aware that it is smart casual but can women wear sandals IE proper sandals, not flip flops? Any info would be fab, thanks

jam25mack Jun 9th 2016 5:44 am

Re: High tea @ burj khalifa

Only ever been for an evening brunch / wedding dinner which was smart casual. Jeans, shirt and shoes were fine.....

Basically for guys, no shorts, flip flops or vests....

Millhouse Jun 9th 2016 7:11 am

Originally Posted by jeanc (Post 11968700)
Hi,
Could anyone tell me the dress code for this please? Scoured the Internet but not getting any proper answers. I am aware that it is smart casual but can women wear sandals IE proper sandals, not flip flops? Any info would be fab, thanks

don't let yourself go...All women should wear heels.
;)

Sabi Star Jun 9th 2016 9:14 am

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 11968931)
don't let yourself go...All women should wear heels.
;)

Even if they have multiple sprained ankles ( from tripping, falling in high heels)?
Ankles are never the same again.

mission Jun 9th 2016 9:46 am

I been a few times, smart sandals will be fine. For guys definitely not shorts or sandals/flip flops.

They always mention the dress code when you book it, it's also mentioned in the booking confirmation they send you and so I am surprised you don't know, if you have already booked it.

jeanc Jun 9th 2016 11:41 am

I booked it through an agent and it just says smart casual, it was something someone said about women not wearing sandals, I thought they meant flip flop type but they said no sandals at all? Don't want to get there, having paid an arm and a leg, to be sent away for inappropriate footwear 😐

scrubbedexpat141 Jun 12th 2016 5:00 am

Originally Posted by jeanc (Post 11969053)
I booked it through an agent and it just says smart casual, it was something someone said about women not wearing sandals, I thought they meant flip flop type but they said no sandals at all? Don't want to get there, having paid an arm and a leg, to be sent away for inappropriate footwear 😐

Don't worry. Literally nowhere seems really precious about this stuff anymore. The amount of times you go places which have dress codes and you're surrounded by scruffy folk is unreal.

mission Jun 13th 2016 10:00 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 11971074)
Don't worry. Literally nowhere seems really precious about this stuff anymore. The amount of times you go places which have dress codes and you're surrounded by scruffy folk is unreal.

true say

to the OP I wouldn't worry, trust me you will be fine.