Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Hi! I'm moving to UAE!

Hi! I'm moving to UAE!

Old Feb 19th 2015, 8:34 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Hi! I'm moving to UAE!

It's a ****ing dump mate.

What do you do?
Old Feb 19th 2015, 5:39 pm
ESL
Just Joined

ESL is an unknown quantity at this point

I teach, but I just got the contract through today and they've decided to put my in Abu Dhabi

Thanks for the heads up, bro!
Old Feb 22nd 2015, 3:50 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by ESL
I teach, but I just got the contract through today and they've decided to put my in Abu Dhabi

Thanks for the heads up, bro!
Where in Abu Dhabi?
Old Feb 22nd 2015, 12:55 pm
ESL
Just Joined

Because I don't know that Abu Dhabi Emerite very well, I don't know anything it is close to. A school which seems to be be quite central. The two branches are based quite close to the coast. It looks like the central city of Abu Dhabi.
Old Feb 26th 2015, 3:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ESL
Because I don't know that Abu Dhabi Emerite very well, I don't know anything it is close to. A school which seems to be be quite central. The two branches are based quite close to the coast. It looks like the central city of Abu Dhabi.
name the school and we can help you otherwise its a guessing game!!!! auh emirate is actually very big, and it could be in auh or al ain or western region etc who knows, you do but cant help if you decline to tell us.
Old Feb 26th 2015, 3:35 pm
ESL
Just Joined

The school is called Adveti
Old Feb 28th 2015, 3:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ESL
The school is called Adveti
yep heard of adveti, they have a place in btb.
Old Feb 28th 2015, 3:44 pm
ESL
Just Joined

btb?
Old Feb 28th 2015, 7:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ESL
btb?
Unfortunately, you have entered the dismal world of Busybody, who is thick as a brick and as helpful as constipation. Ignore her unhelpful advice and try a google search instead. I know google is useless most of the time, but Busybody is worse.
Old Mar 1st 2015, 4:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by OleJanx
Unfortunately, you have entered the dismal world of Busybody, who is thick as a brick and as helpful as constipation. Ignore her unhelpful advice and try a google search instead. I know google is useless most of the time, but Busybody is worse.
"get over yourself"

btb: if you live in auh you will know.... that it stands for "between the bridges" if you dont know then as you have done ask!!!! but there is no need for any sort of
Old Mar 1st 2015, 4:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by ESL
btb?
i will tell you btb between the bridges, or as its known also bain al jersain or again the very newer name is al maqta
Old Mar 1st 2015, 7:22 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busybee2
"get over yourself"

btb: if you live in auh you will know.... that it stands for "between the bridges" if you dont know then as you have done ask!!!! but there is no need for any sort of

He hasn't moved there yet, as his posts and this thread clearly show. Using a local term like that is pointless to say the least.
Old Mar 1st 2015, 7:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Meow
He hasn't moved there yet, as his posts and this thread clearly show. Using a local term like that is pointless to say the least.
yeh i get that... but he may know the term... its not hidden... even so i do object to people thinking its their right to be rude..... you may not understand what information is given but there is absolutely no need to be downright rude even if you say its pointless remarks.... shows no manners on his part!
Old Mar 1st 2015, 8:02 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busybee2
yeh i get that... but he may know the term... its not hidden... even so i do object to people thinking its their right to be rude..... you may not understand what information is given but there is absolutely no need to be downright rude even if you say its pointless remarks.... shows no manners on his part!

And how on earth is posting "btb?" rude?
Old Mar 1st 2015, 8:14 am
BE Enthusiast

archie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to behold

ADVETI is an umbrella organisation, with a number of entities - not a school in itself. Just knowing you'll be working for ADVETI does not help with identifying to where you'll be turning up for work. You need to get the name of the entity.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.