Hi! I'm moving to UAE!

Hi! I'm moving to UAE!

Old Feb 17th 2015, 1:42 pm
ESL
Just Joined

ESL is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Hi! I'm moving to UAE!

Hi everyone

I am moving to the UAE, I'm not totally sure which emirate yet. It could be Sharjah.

I would like to get some info on what it's like there and the differences among the different Emirates, which one's are more restrictive, and so on.

Really happy to be part of the community!

Thanks!
Old Feb 17th 2015, 8:17 pm
Just Joined

Desert Queen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hi! I'm moving to UAE!

Hi,
Sharjah is more conservative than Dubai and Abu Dhabi, and I believe it's still a 'dry' Emirate, but on saying that, it's not too restrictive.
Depends on what you are comparing it with...you don't say where are you from?
Old Feb 17th 2015, 8:27 pm
ESL
Just Joined

Hey Desert Queen,

Thanks for your response!

I'm a Londoner. I heard that Sharjah was a little more conservative. I was wondering if it is possible to have a girlfriend there, specifically.

Dry Emirate? You mean, not modern, or literally dry?

Oh, I know I can't live with a girl if I'm not married to her. What I meant was what happens if a girl came to my pad?

Last edited by BEVS; Feb 17th 2015 at 8:46 pm.
Old Feb 17th 2015, 11:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

'Dry Emirate' means no alcohol. (officially...)
Old Feb 18th 2015, 7:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Dubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ESL
Hey Desert Queen,

Thanks for your response!

I'm a Londoner. I heard that Sharjah was a little more conservative. I was wondering if it is possible to have a girlfriend there, specifically.

Dry Emirate? You mean, not modern, or literally dry?

Oh, I know I can't live with a girl if I'm not married to her. What I meant was what happens if a girl came to my pad?
That depends on your moves mate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Feb 18th 2015, 7:27 am
ESL
Just Joined

Hi Dubaiexile

I'm sorry, I'm new to this forum and relationship restrictions in general, being a European. What do you mean, exactly?

Regards
Tommy
Old Feb 18th 2015, 7:29 am
ESL
Just Joined

Oh, I see. It was a joke about me having sex.

I meant more, is it a problem for the government if I bring a girl back to my place?
Old Feb 18th 2015, 7:51 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ESL
Oh, I see. It was a joke about me having sex.

I meant more, is it a problem for the government if I bring a girl back to my place?
If by "the government" you mean your wife, then only if she finds out. If you mean the authorities, the same applies. And in both respects, if you're discreet then nobody's the wiser.

Sharjah's not much fun (IMHO) but only a taxi ride away from Dubai, which for a single guy is fun.
Old Feb 18th 2015, 7:54 am
ESL
Just Joined

Hahahah. OK, thanks. I'm not married, by the way!
Old Feb 18th 2015, 7:58 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

If you don't know already it's illegal to co-habit or to have sex outside of marriage. As others have said Sharjah is more conservative than the other emirates so you would be smart to be extra discreet.

Sharjah wouldn't anyone's first choice of places to live.
Old Feb 18th 2015, 8:01 am
ESL
Just Joined

I have heard a lot of conflicting views about Sharjah, so I don't know what to think yet.
Old Feb 18th 2015, 8:31 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Old Feb 18th 2015, 8:35 am
ESL
Just Joined

hahahahahhahahahahah
Old Feb 18th 2015, 9:23 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ESL
I have heard a lot of conflicting views about Sharjah, so I don't know what to think yet.
If you have no choice about where to live, all you need to keep in mind is that its very close to Dubai.
Old Feb 18th 2015, 3:09 pm
ESL
Just Joined

Yes, I know that. But thanks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.