Reload this Page >

Hi guys - In Kuwait and moving to Doha

Hi guys - In Kuwait and moving to Doha

Old Apr 13th 2011, 5:55 am
Just Joined

CBinmore is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hi guys - In Kuwait and moving to Doha

Hi guys.
Jackie and I currently live in Kuwait and are moving to Doha early May. Can anyone send me some details on the following

1/ leasing a landcruiser and what documentation we will need to achieve this?
2/ How long does it take to receive residency paperwork?
3/ What documentation do we need to set up a bank account?
4/ Is there a finger print or iris scanning entry system at the airport for quick entry?
5/ Are their any areas we should avoid when looking for accommodation?

Thanks
Colin.
Old Apr 13th 2011, 11:35 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi guys - In Kuwait and moving to Doha

Hi Colin,

Can't help with your questions I'm afraid as I'm in the US, but I wanted to pop by and say hi and welcome you to the site. I hope you enjoy being part of our community.

As the Welcome Inn is really more for introductions I've moved your thread to the Middle East section for you. I'm sure someone will be along soon who can give you some pointers.

Welcome again
Old Apr 13th 2011, 11:52 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CBinmore
Hi guys.
Jackie and I currently live in Kuwait and are moving to Doha early May. Can anyone send me some details on the following

4/ Is there a finger print or iris scanning entry system at the airport for quick entry?

Thanks
Colin.
1. You can drive on a British Driving License for a limited amount of time until your R.P is through . Qatar doesn't except I.D.P's. You'd need your passport and valid license and credit card.

2. All depends on your employer / P.R.O , mine was done within 1 week that's everything including drivers license.

3. You need your residents permit and a salary letter from your company to take to the bank . It's pretty painless but banks are crap

4. There is an E gate system in use but you can only apply for one once you have your residents permit , 200 QAR for 2 years it takes 20 mins at the airport departures terminal. It's worth it's weight in gold as Doha airport is at best rubbish and queues can be horrendous

5. All depends on your budget and whether you want apartment / vills / compound villa. wait until your here and see where your based then make a judgement . Traffic is terrible so it's worth putting some thought into it.
Old Apr 13th 2011, 4:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CBinmore
Hi guys.

Thanks
Colin.
Moving from Kuwait to Qatar?

That's like moving from the back of the Titanic to the front, hoping things might be better up that end.............
Old Apr 13th 2011, 4:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
Moving from Kuwait to Qatar?

That's like moving from the back of the Titanic to the front, hoping things might be better up that end.............
Plenty money up the front....