Hi everyone!

Old Jul 27th 2007, 11:11 am
Forum Regular

English Girlie is a name known to allEnglish Girlie is a name known to allEnglish Girlie is a name known to allEnglish Girlie is a name known to allEnglish Girlie is a name known to allEnglish Girlie is a name known to allEnglish Girlie is a name known to allEnglish Girlie is a name known to allEnglish Girlie is a name known to allEnglish Girlie is a name known to allEnglish Girlie is a name known to all
Default Hi everyone!

Slightly CRAZY 'English Girlie' here!

The history.....

I have been to Dubai, many times over the last 7 years!
To cut along story short, have now made the decision to emigrate to Dubai.

Have been applying for work through the agencies and some companies direct for about 3 months now (marketing graduate.... luxury retail, ad agency, newspaper, radio).

No joy!

Have been informed by aquantances in Dubai, to get on a plane with suit and CV and get a job!

So, have sold my home - exchanging in October.

Am now planning to leave, sometime in August!

Dubai.... 3 months visitors visa.

Find work

Come home

Pack up and start the rest of my 'new' life!!!

Need lots of practical advice...... (have a three 3 year old daughter)

Any one got the time and want to talk/help.... please get in touch!!!

Old Jul 27th 2007, 11:19 am
live life to the max

mythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi everyone!

Originally Posted by English Girlie

The history.....

Have been applying for work through the agencies and some companies direct for about 3 months now (marketing graduate.... luxury retail, ad agency, newspaper, radio).

No joy!

Have been informed by aquantances in Dubai, to get on a plane with suit and CV and get a job!

Find work

Come home

hi crazy girl, good luck on your search xx
Old Jul 27th 2007, 11:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

The history.....

No joy!

Find work

Come home

Crazy...hmmmm

Wow, wouldnt you be better to rent your place out until you know things are going to work out here? pay in the industry you mention is lower in general than the uk - don't know how much experience you have though.

Are you a single mother?if so, there is an issue over sponsorship of your child - not insurmountable, but something you need to think about. I guess you are aware of the astronomical rents? and schooling is something else you need to sort - it's not cheap and there are waiting lists for most of the good schools (they start school in the September after they are 3). Schools also finish at lunchtime, so childcare is an issue...

Apart from all that...good luck
MM, xx
Old Jul 27th 2007, 11:28 am
Forum Regular

English Girlie is a name known to allEnglish Girlie is a name known to allEnglish Girlie is a name known to allEnglish Girlie is a name known to allEnglish Girlie is a name known to allEnglish Girlie is a name known to allEnglish Girlie is a name known to allEnglish Girlie is a name known to allEnglish Girlie is a name known to allEnglish Girlie is a name known to allEnglish Girlie is a name known to all

Originally Posted by mythic
hi crazy girl, good luck on your search xx
Thank you for your 'good luck wishes'!!

Think I may need many of those!
Old Jul 27th 2007, 11:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Amazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond repute

Oh yes I totally agree with MM. If I can be honest as a well travelled expat, dont let your heart rule your head. Visiting places and falling in love with them is totally different with living in them. I love Dubai to visit but not sure I could live there, this is my opinion. Also it makes me take a sharp intake of breath when I hear of people like yourself saying they have sold their house in UK or anywhere else for that matter. I call my home my security blanket or my anchor as in this day and age you just dont know what will happen and to have that security if you had to leave anywhere is a great thing to have. I love your enthuisiasm and I really do wish you well if you decide to go ahead but there is a lot of experience on this website so take it all in and then decide if its still what you want to do then go for it Girl
Old Jul 27th 2007, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
Crazy...hmmmm

Wow, wouldnt you be better to rent your place out until you know things are going to work out here? pay in the industry you mention is lower in general than the uk - don't know how much experience you have though.

Are you a single mother?if so, there is an issue over sponsorship of your child - not insurmountable, but something you need to think about. I guess you are aware of the astronomical rents? and schooling is something else you need to sort - it's not cheap and there are waiting lists for most of the good schools (they start school in the September after they are 3). Schools also finish at lunchtime, so childcare is an issue...

Apart from all that...good luck
MM, xx
Thank you for your comments.
Finished developing my home. Time to leave.... you know when you get the feeling in your tummy it's time for a change!
I am one of those people that makes decisions.... then makes it happen!

I am a single mother, but the father and I are engaged and plan to marry.
Will marry before we leave if that is required.

I have heavily reseached renting, schooling etc.

I am experienced in my field. Have held many marketing directorships but appreciate I may need to set my sites lower as I have no middle east experience.

Thank you for your good wishes.

May I ask your opinion though...... please!
It is feasible that I will find work in the three month period I am scheduling?
Does Dubai work to similar time scales as the UK!
Old Jul 27th 2007, 11:42 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Amazing Grace
Oh yes I totally agree with MM. If I can be honest as a well travelled expat, dont let your heart rule your head. Visiting places and falling in love with them is totally different with living in them. I love Dubai to visit but not sure I could live there, this is my opinion. Also it makes me take a sharp intake of breath when I hear of people like yourself saying they have sold their house in UK or anywhere else for that matter. I call my home my security blanket or my anchor as in this day and age you just dont know what will happen and to have that security if you had to leave anywhere is a great thing to have. I love your enthuisiasm and I really do wish you well if you decide to go ahead but there is a lot of experience on this website so take it all in and then decide if its still what you want to do then go for it Girl
I knew I would appear crazy!

Have slightly different values..... my home is where my family is!
The bricks and mortar can be anywhere. With money in the bank we can rent anywhere in the world.... come back to the UK if we so wish!

I have always felt comfortable in Dubai... I love the 'best of the best' attitude and what safer place to bring up my daughter. No access to drugs, alcohol on the streets etc

I am looking through the forum and gaining more advice!

I have reached that 'go for it girl' place!

Hey, there are some really kind people on here! Thank you xx
Old Jul 27th 2007, 11:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Amazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for your comments.
Finished developing my home. Time to leave.... you know when you get the feeling in your tummy it's time for a change!
I am one of those people that makes decisions.... then makes it happen!

I am a single mother, but the father and I are engaged and plan to marry.
Will marry before we leave if that is required.

I have heavily reseached renting, schooling etc.

I am experienced in my field. Have held many marketing directorships but appreciate I may need to set my sites lower as I have no middle east experience.

Thank you for your good wishes.

May I ask your opinion though...... please!
It is feasible that I will find work in the three month period I am scheduling?
Does Dubai work to similar time scales as the UK!

As I said there is a multitude of help and experience here and there will be someone who will be able to answer your questions. Getting married i think is a must if you are settling out there and i remember my husband looked for work whilst on holiday there but was told officially it wasnt allowed on a visitors visa perhaps that has changed but as I said someone will be able to answer all your questions and keep coming back with questions, we are a very friendly bunch.

I am with you there, home is where the heart is, I am sure you are very sensible but always remember that when you do come back to UK if you do, the price of housing is going up more than going down, Good luck

PS I am hoping to be coming out around September but to Al Ain which I read is a very nice place to be xxx
Old Jul 27th 2007, 11:49 am
Viva la revolucion..

zamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to behold

The history.....

No joy!

Find work

Come home

Hullo and welcome! Selling the house might be over kill.. but then again, I totally agree with the fact that you need to be here to find a job. Anyway, shouldnt be a problem, there's lots of job opportunities in Doob town... You'll land something real soon, hopefully. In any case, its always good to have another crazy person in town! Keeps things lively!!

Cheers,
Old Jul 27th 2007, 5:04 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

welcome to BE

definitely check the wiki and make contacts with agency people to say you'll be there to meet them between x and y dates so they'll take you seriously and work your contacts for jobs, linkedin.com is pretty good for that.
Old Jul 27th 2007, 6:43 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bob
welcome to BE

definitely check the wiki and make contacts with agency people to say you'll be there to meet them between x and y dates so they'll take you seriously and work your contacts for jobs, linkedin.com is pretty good for that.

Thank you for the welcome Bob!

Will log onto linkedin.com in a shortwhile and get the ball rolling!

Stay in touch!
Old Jul 29th 2007, 4:15 am
W10

Another one?

Old Jul 29th 2007, 4:18 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by W10
Another one?
it appears we attract them
Old Jul 29th 2007, 5:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Hi babehhh...
Old Jul 29th 2007, 6:38 am
BE Forum Addict

jvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Confucius
Hi babehhh...
ooh aah. I wanna ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.