Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Hi all and moving to Dubai question again.

Hi all and moving to Dubai question again.

Old Jan 15th 2008, 8:45 pm
Just Joined

angryninja86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hi all and moving to Dubai question again.

well Inselaffen I must admit you have beaten me to it. I will try the Training contract route but a Law degree must have some worth in Dubai. I must admit if I become a lawyer here I will be earning far more than I will ever make in Dubai and perhaps retire early aswell but its the life style attraction aswell. Lets see where future takes me. Thanks all for great advice I would like to learn more if anyone has anything to share. I think lawyer is a dangerous career in middle east. So many people have moved out to Dubai
Old Jan 16th 2008, 4:20 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

The law dangerous? Try construction (hanging off a 70 storey building) or oil if you want danger.

I am going to get pilloried for this, but I presume that you don't usually write like this? You say you have a degree, but you seen to have no awareness of using punctuation such as commas to make your sentances readable.

And the abbreviation of you are is you're, not your.

The youth of today *shakes head*
Old Jan 16th 2008, 4:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
The law dangerous? Try construction (hanging off a 70 storey building) or oil if you want danger.

I am going to get pilloried for this, but I presume that you don't usually write like this? You say you have a degree, but you seen to have no awareness of using punctuation such as commas to make your sentances readable.

could be because of his legal education. Certain UK legal documents such as Commercial Leases do not contain punctuation if drafted properly. Although he hasn't got that far in his legal education yet so it might just be a case of poor english.
Old Jan 16th 2008, 4:48 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

grammar police...reporting for duty
Old Jan 16th 2008, 4:52 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
grammar police...reporting for duty
oooh we don't want any of that complicated continental style grammar
Lost in BE Cyberspace

you found that far too quickly!
Old Jan 16th 2008, 10:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Cham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by angryninja86
And your right points are no probs for legal career but it is for my insurance company who make the insurance more expense hence taking the left overs from me. crazy isn't it I know. Hence the plea for a fresh start but you have the truth there without training contract I will probably by a butler like Alfred (Batman movie). Erm I prefer the Training contract to that
you need a new insurance company... most insurance companies don't even look at speeding fines anymore because 80% of people in the uk have points on their licence because of speed cameras etc.

not being funny though, but if you do have that many problems out there what's to say you won't end up doing the same thing when you get to dubai? At university i survived on 40quid a week so i've been through the same thing... but one thing i've learned over the years is no matter how much you're making you'll spend it like you've always done.

There are plenty of excuses and "buts" you can make about your money situation etc but in the end it comes down to you.
Old Jan 16th 2008, 6:46 pm
Just Joined

angryninja86 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well thats the fact mentioned by Cham128. As for english I did not knew I was attending an english class here . Well I suppose all the effort is worth it in the end. But by the time I finish all this and be qualified. Thanks for the advice guys. Honestly it is far more eaiser to establish a career in the UK by doing one degree and just getting into something else completely different. What a shame that does not seem possible in Dubai.
But looking at it from a different view after some work experience at age concern and fully qualified after the training contract it will be fairly easy to get a high paid job in Dubai so that is motivating except for the fact that I might need to do some sort of legal transfer course or something . Wow after all that hard work I suppose some choices are worth giving a go to .
Old Jan 16th 2008, 7:45 pm
same shit different day

Slingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow

Lots of people make the same mistake. For instance:

their and there
intreaguing is intriguing

Very frustrating for a reader but it is not always a sign of a low IQ etc. Could be dislexia? Which some of the brightest people in the world suffer from.

People don't always watch their P's and Q's on a chat board.
Old Jun 17th 2008, 12:55 pm
Just Joined

ddex is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by angryninja86
Hello nice to find this forum, I have been reading posts and people are quite helpful here oh the user name I couldn't think of anything that stands out .
Guys I am 21 at the moment well nearly 22 I am doing distance learning degree in Law through a University in London. Now to become a lawyer here as you may already know I would need to do a legal practice course for a year full time then 2 years of training contract to become fully qualified rather then get the degree and thats it. I believe this is too complicated for people who cannot afford to take time out as we have bills to pay. I was thinking to start over fresh, move to another country. If someone can answer a few questions I will be very grateful as I tried calling the UAE Embassy and Ministry of Justice but I am rather disappointed .
After I finish my degree I want to move to Dubai and find any sort of job which will be good pay so I can also manage a family there after a year or two of moving, I don't know how useful my degree will be in other careers or how it works but sure with a British passport and British certified degree I must have some value? Maybe someone can advice me on a related job that are being offered? It seems to do law they want 6 years of experience mostly after being fully qualified in the UK . I don't why I would want to move then because after 6 years wages are highly likely to be triple of what is on the plate. I have worked at a money exchange for a year, got a diploma in Sports and Exercise Science and NVQ2 in gym instruction plus I am a security guard and so I shall be until I finish this Law degree. Please help,
Many thanks in advance.

Hello,

Pls let me know if you got more info about lawyers in Dubai. Am also an external LLB student with Uni of London and I've been thinking of moving to Dubai.

Thank you.
Old Jun 17th 2008, 1:38 pm
Forum Regular

TBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud of

angryninja86......be patient your 21. Take the advice given here and best one was "look long term" at the moment your thinking too short term.....you'll live to regret it!Get the law degree and then the world may end up being your oyster....so start hmmmmm hmmmmmming