British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Hi all, I'm a new member (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/hi-all-im-new-member-605492/)

Nasiya Apr 25th 2009 2:53 pm

Hi all, I'm a new member

Hi all, I am looking to move to Hurghada in December 2009, went for a visit a few weeks ago but only decided to definitely go once I was back. Have been flat and job hunting via the internet and phone from England and seem to be getting there with regards to the flat.

Have started learning Arabic and picking it up very easily, also speak English, Urdu, Punjabi, Hindi all at fluent/adavnced level, also speak basic German. I have a MA in Communication Studies and am looking for a job that pays at least £300 but am willing to reconsider should I need to.

Sorry for the long post, its quite daunting, especially since I will be a young girl living alone in a foreign country so every post and piece of advice will be much appreciated! A lot of thought has gone into my decision, am aware of security factors etc but please let me know if I am missing something as I cant wait to move and am not nervlous at all which seems quite weird as I have never lived alone!!!!!

I'm nearly there with a flat am looking to pay around £225 sterling per month for a fully furnished flat with AC, electric, water, gas, 24 hour security and wireless internet all included.

I need some advice to whether this seems a good deal or not?

Its within my budget, ideal location etc but I just want some general advice, chit chat on what people, especially you guys already out in Hurghada think so please get in touch!!!

Thank you all x

Blue Cat Apr 25th 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Hi all, I'm a new member

where is Hurghada?

Alexa Apr 25th 2009 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7513643)
where is Hurghada?

I think it is a tourist resort town in Egypt,Africa.....

deemi786 Apr 25th 2009 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7513643)
where is Hurghada?

Its in Egypt if im not mistaken BC...

The tourist centre located on the red sea coast

Blue Cat Apr 25th 2009 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by Alexa (Post 7513654)
I think it is a tourist resort town in Egypt,Africa.....

thanks Alexa, just couldn't think where it was!

Nasiya Apr 25th 2009 3:48 pm

I'm sorry I didnt put Hurghada, Egypt! First time using a forum so please bear with me! Is there an Egypt sub group? Thank you!

Alexa Apr 25th 2009 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by Nasiya (Post 7513670)
I'm sorry I didnt put Hurghada, Egypt! First time using a forum so please bear with me! Is there an Egypt sub group? Thank you!

Nasiya, you are in the Middle East forum...Egypt is in Africa, North Africa, to be precise....you do not know which continent you are going to?

but then again...they's all Arabs......:rofl:

Nasiya Apr 25th 2009 5:07 pm

Alexa, I know where I am going but was advised via email to join this forum. Thanks very much for your geographical knowledge though

Alexa Apr 25th 2009 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by Nasiya (Post 7513777)
Alexa, I know where I am going but was advised via email to join this forum. Thanks very much for your geographical knowledge though

You will find Africa in "the rest of the world"...and you are welcome.

Nasiya Apr 25th 2009 5:36 pm

I do know how to work the toolbar Alexa, but as you so succintly put in your earlier post "they are all Arabs" so the tips on Johannesburg and Cape Town arent really relevant

Alexa Apr 25th 2009 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by Nasiya (Post 7513863)
I do know how to work the toolbar Alexa, but as you so succintly put in your earlier post "they are all Arabs" so the tips on Johannesburg and Cape Town arent really relevant

It is not the toolbar...just go into Forum, the "rest of the world"....there is stuff in there about Libya, Morocco etc...ask your question and with some luck you will get an answer.
Oh...and Africa consists of more than Cape Town and Jo'burg.....geez!

And, as it seems to have escaped you..."they's all Arabs" is sarcasm...or are you one of those who don't get that kind of humour?

Nasiya Apr 25th 2009 6:32 pm

I'm one of those that gets humour but not attitude from a stranger, chill Alexa

Confucius Apr 25th 2009 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by Alexa (Post 7513914)
It is not the toolbar...just go into Forum, the "rest of the world"....there is stuff in there about Libya, Morocco etc...ask your question and with some luck you will get an answer.
Oh...and Africa consists of more than Cape Town and Jo'burg.....geez!

And, as it seems to have escaped you..."they's all Arabs" is sarcasm...or are you one of those who don't get that kind of humour?

Egypt may geographically be in North Africa, but, culturally and "in the spirit of Arab unity", it is considered in the Middle East...

Confucius Apr 25th 2009 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by Nasiya (Post 7513959)

Feel free to post In Middle East as well as the Africa section...

I also post in the USA or AUS or Europe forums, and all hell would break loose if anyone dares to give me the crooked eye...

Alexa Apr 25th 2009 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by Nasiya (Post 7513959)

Ohh, I am as cool as a cucumber......you would not like me "unchilled"...