Hi All

Old Dec 14th 2011, 5:18 pm
Just Joined

Kanth is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hi All

Hi All,
Seasons Greetings to one and all,
I've had an approach for work either for UAE or Qatar starting next month. I'm after some advice regarding where to live in either Dubai or Doha and at a reasonable price. I'm just after some practical advise regarding driving and setting up accounts and how long everything can take.
Thanks for your help in advance
Old Dec 14th 2011, 7:22 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi All

Welcome to BE

You'll find a load of info already posted, regarding both locations, if you have a look around.

The exacts for recommendations is going to depend on what your budget is, where work will be and what you're looking for. So without saying, no one will be able to really help with anything meaningful.
Old Dec 15th 2011, 11:15 am
Just Joined

Kanth is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bob
Welcome to BE

You'll find a load of info already posted, regarding both locations, if you have a look around.

The exacts for recommendations is going to depend on what your budget is, where work will be and what you're looking for. So without saying, no one will be able to really help with anything meaningful.
Cheers Bob, Overall I'll be on between $5k to $8k (I'm yet to negotiate), pcm. I'm likely to have a choice of either UAE or Qatar. So I'm just after a decent place to live and estate agent how won't take me for a mug.
Thanks
Old Dec 15th 2011, 11:34 am
BE Enthusiast

gottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Kanth
Cheers Bob, Overall I'll be on between $5k to $8k (I'm yet to negotiate), pcm. I'm likely to have a choice of either UAE or Qatar. So I'm just after a decent place to live and estate agent how won't take me for a mug.
Thanks
A decent place to live in Doha with utilities and services is $5100/month. A reasonable place to live is $2,300 month. Decent shared rooms with bunk beds and AC are $230/month.
Old Dec 15th 2011, 11:43 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kanth
Cheers Bob, Overall I'll be on between $5k to $8k (I'm yet to negotiate), pcm. I'm likely to have a choice of either UAE or Qatar. So I'm just after a decent place to live and estate agent how won't take me for a mug. Thanks
I would choose the UAE if I were you.
Old Dec 15th 2011, 11:53 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Go for the U.A.E if the deal is the same in both countries , i would ask for a premium if it was Qatar as it's not a patch on the U.A.E living wise .
Old Dec 15th 2011, 12:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond repute

UAE any day of the week