British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Hi all (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/hi-all-604323/)

dreamc Apr 19th 2009 4:36 pm

Hi all

We are moving to Dubai 1st May with hubby's company. We are moving to JBR, anyone tell me what its like please?
We lived in Abu Dhabi for 8 mths so know what to expect.
Thanx

dreamc

The Dean Apr 19th 2009 5:28 pm

Re: Hi all

Originally Posted by dreamc (Post 7493715)
We are moving to Dubai 1st May with hubby's company. We are moving to JBR, anyone tell me what its like please?
Thanx

dreamc

JBR? Oh you mean "Just Built Randomly"???

Good luck.............

If only there were a former Dubai Holding employee around here......... I'm sure he'd be able to confirm the rumour that certain.... er.... short cuts were taken on 'build quality', 'fixtures and fittings' etc...........

Roadking Apr 19th 2009 6:20 pm

Thanx

dreamc

Why JBR?

typical Apr 19th 2009 10:29 pm

Don't need any employee to confirm the short cuts in the fitting... you just have to live there :rofl:

There's something to be said for the plaza level, even if the shops aren't doing any business... it's nice being able to walk to buy milk and bread without going onto a road.

Blue Cat Apr 20th 2009 4:21 am

Thanx

dreamc

Gotham City as I call it, the people who are there are very happy, not a bad location, access to restaurants etc etc. Good luck :)

rowell Apr 20th 2009 8:32 am

Im in JBR and I like it there, dont think the build is any worse than anywhere else but agree that the buildings do not look as nice as some from the outside,security is shite and you do not have to live there to use the swimming pools but there are a lot worse places in Dubai to live, the walk is nice, getting a taxi is easy, its quiet up on the plaza level as no one will walk up the steps, internal finishes are a lot better than I have seen in some other apartments when looking around but not brilliant, wouldnt like to think I had bought one but as somewhere to live I like it.

dreamc Apr 29th 2009 6:59 am

Hi all
Thanx for the responses. Sorry, been busy, shippers here etc.
We r moving there due to DH's colleague moving back to the UK and DH being transferred as its cheaper for him to work in Dubai than it is in Norway, its also rented by the company, all bills paid etc. Makes life easier for us.
We lived in Abu Dhabi, so we know about build quality/fixtures and fittings!

Thanx again
Dreamc