HHS Zayed

Old Nov 3rd 2004, 7:53 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: HHS Zayed

Originally Posted by shiva
more beeb thx

Press mourns death of Gulf leader

Newspapers in the United Arab Emirates and across the Arab world pay tribute to Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan, the veteran UAE ruler who died on Tuesday after a long illness.

BBC Monitoring, based in Caversham in southern England, selects and translates information from radio, television, press, news agencies and the Internet from 150 countries in more than 70 languages.
nice one! he wud have appreciated ur effort!
Old Nov 3rd 2004, 7:57 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Face81
nice one! he wud have appreciated ur effort!

thx my good fellow, likewise. its the face/shiva memorial page for him.
but even my ego wouldnt strech that far, even though id like it too#
subdued lol
Old Nov 3rd 2004, 8:09 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

subdued lol
no probs.....its gr8 that we have managed to setup this thread for all to c and learn about the gr8 man.

I wrote a short essay on his successes for an english course at uni......will post if i can find it...... got 94/100 for it, so it isnt all bad. LOL

Lol bout ur ego! cant bleeding karma u yet!!!!aaaarrrrgghh!
Old Nov 3rd 2004, 8:18 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Face81
no probs.....its gr8 that we have managed to setup this thread for all to c and learn about the gr8 man.

I wrote a short essay on his successes for an english course at uni......will post if i can find it...... got 94/100 for it, so it isnt all bad. LOL

Lol bout ur ego! cant bleeding karma u yet!!!!aaaarrrrgghh!
gota do 25 peeps before u can come backround i think
Old Nov 3rd 2004, 8:25 pm
The Oracle

subdued lol
For all the familiarise themselves with the Sheikhs in the U.A.E:

Sheikh Zayed (died aged 86 on Nov. 2nd, 1991)

Sheikh Rashid, forumer Ruler of Dubai:

Abu Dhabi's New Crown Prince; Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed Al Nahyan:

Sheikh Maktoum Bin Rahis Al Maktoum, Vice President, Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai:
Old Nov 3rd 2004, 8:33 pm
The Oracle

gota do 25 peeps before u can come backround i think
I am sure I have done more than that.....I have been giving it away for free to those that I CAN!!!!! Sucks!

Here are the last 2 Sheikhs that ppl should really know:

Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, The U.A.E's new President - elected on Nov. 3rd 2004, following the death of his father, Sheikh Zayed. Here he is with the Queen:

Shaikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, U.A.E Minister of Defence and Crown Prince of Dubai.

Last edited by Face81; Nov 3rd 2004 at 8:38 pm.
Old Nov 4th 2004, 2:48 am
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks face - as always a mine of info

Does anyone think its worth making this thread permanent for the 2 weeks of mourning for all 2 see - so it doesn't get lost - just a suggestion

TS
Old Nov 4th 2004, 2:58 am
BE Enthusiast

LakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Truth Speak

Does anyone think its worth making this thread permanent for the 2 weeks of mourning for all 2 see - so it doesn't get lost - just a suggestion

TS
Good idea TS. Btw I was watching Sky News last night waiting to see their coverage of the sad news. Still waiting! Maybe they did something after I gave up in disgust, but I suspect not. Too busy repeating themselves & asking opinions of everyone bar the White House cleaners re the US election.

I was very unimpressed.
Old Nov 4th 2004, 3:05 am
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LakesLassie
Good idea TS. Btw I was watching Sky News last night waiting to see their coverage of the sad news. Still waiting! Maybe they did something after I gave up in disgust, but I suspect not. Too busy repeating themselves & asking opinions of everyone bar the White House cleaners re the US election.

I was very unimpressed.
This is just supposition - but I think the tragic news was timed to be released with the US Presidential elections to keep it low profile in the rest of the world - also the Ukrainian elections. Call me a synic.
Old Nov 4th 2004, 4:31 am
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Truth Speak

TS
I think that's a great idea and maybe after that a link or something permanantly for those who may be interested.

FACE, thanks, it makes interesting reading for a newbie.
Old Nov 4th 2004, 4:52 am
Forum Regular

Elles is on a distinguished road

I was very unimpressed.

sky news active (apparantly!) didn't give too much details other than charlie and andrew attended......but we can't get active out here!!!!

and I'm fed up of hearing about the bloody white house on the news........there's more important issues around the world than the muppet show!
Old Nov 4th 2004, 5:08 am
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

I was very unimpressed.
I wait for ages at Sky. Nothing at all... Even 'news alert' abt the sad news also nothing...
Old Nov 4th 2004, 5:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Palm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nice

Originally Posted by novita77
I wait for ages at Sky. Nothing at all... Even 'news alert' abt the sad news also nothing...

Well, I am not suprised at all but equally sad and disappointed. As I had mentionned in a previous post, part of my studies was getting to know the media and politics very well, so I am pretty much aware about media games and coverages. I watch News on Tele and read newspapers every day but I always have to piece together other information too, as you really cannot build up your picture of the world through media. Sad but true.

Maybe this will give some people, living in the UAE, a better insight into how neglected many nations are in regards to letting know the world about any events and not just masacres. There are so many occassion in this world which would be worth mentionning. Even if I had to spare one hour just watching news on tele, I would love to have a better coverage of events, no matter how insignificant they might seem to some. So many of us are brain washed from media without even realizing it.

Thank you everyone for their contributions, it is another way of keeping informed about things we might miss out on.
Old Nov 4th 2004, 6:07 am
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

Below is e-mail from my hubby to Sky News. He copy paste some of our comments in his e-mail.

----------------------------------
Sir/Madam

Please find below comments made in the 'Expat Forum' (middle east) today.

It is critical of the lack - zero coverage - of the recent death of the UAE
leader for the past 30 years. Somebody who did more for one particular
country than decades of different leaders do for their countries.

Paul Parrish
British Expatriate
MCI/32 (M)
Old Nov 4th 2004, 6:15 am
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by novita77
Below is e-mail from my hubby to Sky News. He copy paste some of our comments in his e-mail.

----------------------------------
Sir/Madam

Please find below comments made in the 'Expat Forum' (middle east) today.

It is critical of the lack - zero coverage - of the recent death of the UAE
leader for the past 30 years. Somebody who did more for one particular
country than decades of different leaders do for their countries.

Paul Parrish
British Expatriate
MCI/32 (M)

Great, good on yer.

We haven't been in Dubai long but from stories I have heard about SZ, and I have read some of the book Father of Dubai, it's an awsome feat what he has achieved. To actually drive around and see that too is quite a feeling. Yesterday I had to go out to pick up a Jellybaby from a friends and I had the radio on, I found I had a lump in my throat it was so surreal. Even today I can't help feeling sad.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.