Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Hey, How is the BEEF at Saudi Air??

Old Jun 15th 2011, 2:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

coffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hey, How is the BEEF at Saudi Air??

I found this on another web site , and i thought i would post it on here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Donkey meat' on Saudi Arabian airline? - Emirates 24/7
'Donkey meat' on Saudi Arabian airline?

Airline official says some of the imported meat served is diseased or donkey flesh

By
Staff

Published Monday, June 13, 2011

Saudi Arabian Airlines could have served its passengers donkey meat, ignoring warnings by a local government food control body that imported meat from Tunisia could be diseased or is donkey meat.
A Saudi Airlines executive made the accusations in a television interview this week, prompting many Saudis to write to local newspapers calling for the prosecution of those responsible for such an act.
Abdullah Al Bubou, a senior inspector at the supply division in the Airlines, said Saudi Arabia’s General Food and Drugs Authority had repeatedly warned the airlines to stop import of foodstuffs from Tunisia and serving them on its aircraft following reports on the spread of diseases among cattle in that Arab country.
“There were also reports about widespread sale of donkey and horse meat in Tunisia….but the Saudi Arabian Airlines did not heed that warning,” Bubou said in the interview on Rotana Khaleeji television.
“This has prompted the Authority to stop all the meat and other food items imported by the airlines from Tunisia…but after nearly one month, these food items appeared on board Saudi aircraft, including meat without certificates of origin… the stuff could be diseased or donkey meat… the problem is that they (Saudi Airlines) started to opt for foodstuffs that are about to expire as they are cheaper,” he said, quoted by Saudi Arabic language newspapers.
Bubou, a Saudi, blamed newly-appointed non-Saudi officials in the airline for such acts, which he said served their interests.
“As a result, the quality of food served aboard Saudi Arabian aircraft has largely declined over the past few months and has become almost unfit for human consumption… but as you see, they still insist on serving these diseased meals,” he said, adding that he has documents supporting his accusations.
“I have evidence to all what I say not only about the supply division in Saudi Arabia but in Cairo…one day, a consignment of donkey meat arrived in Cairo for the zoo there and at the same time, another shipment for the supply division arrived….tests showed this meat is similar to donkey meat yet it was later served for the passengers aboard Saudi Arabian aircraft.”
In letters published by the Saudi Sabq newspaper on Monday, many Saudis called for prosecuting those responsible for such actions while others were sarcastic in their comments. “I think all those responsible in the Airlines should be prosecuted and all passengers who doubt they had donkey meat should be compensated,” Abu Abdullah said in his letter.
A sarcastic reader, Dhafer Al Qahtani, called it a “braying disaster,” while another citizen said: “The question is whether it was donkey or zebra meat.”
“I would rather travel from Riyadh to Jeddah aboard a donkey than eat a donkey aboard a Saudi aircraft,” another reader commented.
Old Jun 15th 2011, 2:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

jackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Hey, How is the BEEF at Saudi Air??

Originally Posted by coffindodger
I found this on another web site , and i thought i would post it on here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Donkey meat' on Saudi Arabian airline? - Emirates 24/7
'Donkey meat' on Saudi Arabian airline?

Airline official says some of the imported meat served is diseased or donkey flesh

By
Staff

Published Monday, June 13, 2011

Saudi Arabian Airlines could have served its passengers donkey meat, ignoring warnings by a local government food control body that imported meat from Tunisia could be diseased or is donkey meat.
A Saudi Airlines executive made the accusations in a television interview this week, prompting many Saudis to write to local newspapers calling for the prosecution of those responsible for such an act.
Abdullah Al Bubou, a senior inspector at the supply division in the Airlines, said Saudi Arabia’s General Food and Drugs Authority had repeatedly warned the airlines to stop import of foodstuffs from Tunisia and serving them on its aircraft following reports on the spread of diseases among cattle in that Arab country.
“There were also reports about widespread sale of donkey and horse meat in Tunisia….but the Saudi Arabian Airlines did not heed that warning,” Bubou said in the interview on Rotana Khaleeji television.
“This has prompted the Authority to stop all the meat and other food items imported by the airlines from Tunisia…but after nearly one month, these food items appeared on board Saudi aircraft, including meat without certificates of origin… the stuff could be diseased or donkey meat… the problem is that they (Saudi Airlines) started to opt for foodstuffs that are about to expire as they are cheaper,” he said, quoted by Saudi Arabic language newspapers.
Bubou, a Saudi, blamed newly-appointed non-Saudi officials in the airline for such acts, which he said served their interests.
“As a result, the quality of food served aboard Saudi Arabian aircraft has largely declined over the past few months and has become almost unfit for human consumption… but as you see, they still insist on serving these diseased meals,” he said, adding that he has documents supporting his accusations.
“I have evidence to all what I say not only about the supply division in Saudi Arabia but in Cairo…one day, a consignment of donkey meat arrived in Cairo for the zoo there and at the same time, another shipment for the supply division arrived….tests showed this meat is similar to donkey meat yet it was later served for the passengers aboard Saudi Arabian aircraft.”
In letters published by the Saudi Sabq newspaper on Monday, many Saudis called for prosecuting those responsible for such actions while others were sarcastic in their comments. “I think all those responsible in the Airlines should be prosecuted and all passengers who doubt they had donkey meat should be compensated,” Abu Abdullah said in his letter.
A sarcastic reader, Dhafer Al Qahtani, called it a “braying disaster,” while another citizen said: “The question is whether it was donkey or zebra meat.”
“I would rather travel from Riyadh to Jeddah aboard a donkey than eat a donkey aboard a Saudi aircraft,” another reader commented.
Mmmmm Seems like a 'Silly Season Story' from 7 Days! - Divert the Link please!
Old Jun 15th 2011, 2:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

coffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond repute

The link was at the top of the story,
how ever it never seems to transfer over.
Here as requested.

http://www.emirates247.com/business/...06-13-1.402522
Old Jun 15th 2011, 2:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

jackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by coffindodger
The link was at the top of the story,
how ever it never seems to transfer over.
Here as requested.

http://www.emirates247.com/business/...06-13-1.402522
Whenever I am unfortunate enough to fly with SV I always make sure that I never Eat nor Drink anything!
Old Jun 15th 2011, 3:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackthehat
Whenever I am unfortunate enough to fly with SV I always make sure that I never Eat nor Drink anything!
That seems like a wise decision, hind sight or not!
Old Jun 15th 2011, 5:09 pm
Account Closed

weasel central is an unknown quantity at this point

I flew twice to Jeddah with this shambles of an airline, I can't remember if I ate on the plane or not but its making me gag to even think there was a chance of eating donkey.

saudi mother*****ers
Old Jun 15th 2011, 7:25 pm
Off Topic

northbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nice

I think that less anabolics are used for feeding one Tunisian donkey than for one Al Baik chicken.
Old Jun 16th 2011, 4:32 am
Just Joined

danglydavis is just really nicedanglydavis is just really nicedanglydavis is just really nicedanglydavis is just really nicedanglydavis is just really nicedanglydavis is just really nicedanglydavis is just really nicedanglydavis is just really nice

There is more importance placed on its being "halal" rather than its origin.
Old Jun 16th 2011, 4:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by danglydavis
There is more importance placed on its being "halal" rather than its origin.
Don't forget that cross on the donkey's back! He He
Old Jun 16th 2011, 6:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

why is eating a donkey so bad?
Old Jun 16th 2011, 7:36 am
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute

It might improve the flavour of their beef dishes... there's a reason I'd always go for the chicken

I've got to say, their food in business class to/from London is actually pretty good. Best ice cream I've had in the air

(Is it too Up In The Air to point out I have Gold status on Saudia?)
Old Jun 16th 2011, 7:39 am
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

When we fly back home, SV is our preferred choice. Hate BMI and BA, their leg room and girth in cattle class for us unfortunates is much inferior to SV. Baggage is also far more generous than the tight fisted Brits.

Who cares if it's donkey meat - I only ever chicken on SV anyway. I guess the Tunisians have made ass out of SV?
Old Jun 16th 2011, 7:47 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by typical
Is it too Up In The Air to point out I have Gold status on Saudia?
Aaah but have you tried redeeming points yet? Wasn't an easy process when I looked previously.

Imagine you'd need letter from your sponsor with a stamp from the Chamber of Commerce before you start having thoughts about owning that Saudia branded golf towel and umbrella combo.
Old Jun 16th 2011, 7:51 am
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nottmbantam
When we fly back home, SV is our preferred choice. Hate BMI and BA, their leg room and girth in cattle class for us unfortunates is much inferior to SV. Baggage is also far more generous than the tight fisted Brits.
The refitted planes don't have as much legroom in economy, I don't think. Better entertainment though.

Originally Posted by saudiflares
Aaah but have you tried redeeming points yet? Wasn't an easy process when I looked previously.
Hah. Yes, I have actually, for an upgrade (to the business class flight I referred to!) - and yes, it was a nightmare: had to book a flight in a specific fare class and then fax them the details followed by calling their centres in London and Jeddah five times a day for a week to get it processed. However, now it can all be done online

I wrote it up for another forum, let me dig it out...
Old Jun 16th 2011, 7:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by typical
Is it too Up In The Air to point out I have Gold status on Saudia?
That's a bit like owning-up to having a Morris Marina, or an Austin Princess

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.