British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Hey Guys.. Help and advice needed please??! :) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/hey-guys-help-advice-needed-please-550101/)

English.Blue.Eyed.Girl Jul 20th 2008 1:03 pm

Hey Guys.. Help and advice needed please??! :)

Hey all..

Firstly a big hello to everyone and hope you are well. I am new to this forum, or any forum for that matter!! Been looking through this site recently and you all seem very friendly and kind, so Im looking forward to getting to know you all.

Right, heres the background. I am a 19 year old female (dont be fooled by the digits this girl has a mature head on her shoulders ;)) currently living in a small place called Cumbria in England. At the moment I am at Univeristy studying to become a nurse, I am going into my second year in September-another 2 years to go from there. At the weekends I am a property negotiator-busy busy-but hey 'no rest for the wicked' is what they say aint it?!

Well.. to cut a long story short, Im hoping to move away..this is after having feelings for a while that nursing is not for me and also I have always felt Id be happier away from England. Don't get me wrong, there are some wonderful things here, and its where my family lies but I feel I need to move while Im young and have no ties as such.

Basically, Im looking into starting up and building a career in Dubai. Therefore, Im seeking any advice and help you's have to throw at me please... all will be much appreciated. I am very openminded into various careers as I believe I have many transferrable skills, due to many part time employments while studying. Although I was thinking maybe developing my real estate career?

Hope to hear from yous soon.. take care

Nadine

xxx:wub:

Spugsy Jul 20th 2008 1:19 pm

Re: Hey Guys.. Help and advice needed please??! :)

Originally Posted by English.Blue.Eyed.Girl (Post 6590897)
Hey all..

Firstly a big hello to everyone and hope you are well. I am new to this forum, or any forum for that matter!! Been looking through this site recently and you all seem very friendly and kind, so Im looking forward to getting to know you all.

Right, heres the background. I am a 19 year old female (dont be fooled by the digits this girl has a mature head on her shoulders ;)) currently living in a small place called Cumbria in England. At the moment I am at Univeristy studying to become a nurse, I am going into my second year in September-another 2 years to go from there. At the weekends I am a property negotiator-busy busy-but hey 'no rest for the wicked' is what they say aint it?!

Well.. to cut a long story short, Im hoping to move away..this is after having feelings for a while that nursing is not for me and also I have always felt Id be happier away from England. Don't get me wrong, there are some wonderful things here, and its where my family lies but I feel I need to move while Im young and have no ties as such.

Basically, Im looking into starting up and building a career in Dubai. Therefore, Im seeking any advice and help you's have to throw at me please... all will be much appreciated. I am very openminded into various careers as I believe I have many transferrable skills, due to many part time employments while studying. Although I was thinking maybe developing my real estate career?

Hope to hear from yous soon.. take care

Nadine

Hmm, I'd say you'd be much better of coming over with an actual career mind you, they look for people with better skills than they already have, what sort of thing are you looking to do?

Madam Medusa Jul 20th 2008 1:20 pm

nadine, unless you have some excellent experience and/or a degree, it's unlikely you will get a job here...

unskilled labour is paid peanuts and living expenses are going through the roof...finish your degree and then take it from there...

MM, xx

Blue Cat Jul 20th 2008 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 6590935)
nadine, unless you have some excellent experience and/or a degree, it's unlikely you will get a job here...

unskilled labour is paid peanuts and living expenses are going through the roof...finish your degree and then take it from there...

MM, xx

I agree 100%, I don't think Dubai is the place for you, until you get some qualifications. I would be surprised if you could make ends meet here, the rents are extortionate these days and women unless they are highly qualified don't earn that much money ;)

English.Blue.Eyed.Girl Jul 20th 2008 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 6590935)

MM, xx

Thank you for your reply and advice. I think it would be a wise idea to finish my degree, and see how it goes. Its just the thought of two years left!! But hey two years shoudl fly in shouldn't it?
What is the recruitment area like for nurses out in Dubai?

xx

English.Blue.Eyed.Girl Jul 20th 2008 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 6590933)
Hmm, I'd say you'd be much better of coming over with an actual career mind you, they look for people with better skills than they already have, what sort of thing are you looking to do?

Hey..Thanks for the reply. Well, dont get me wrong, I do enjoy my nursing..but its the fact that I want to get away now, and I have two years left to go, but that should go pretty fast hey?? What is the nursing situation like out in dubai do you know?

Also, I was looking into furthing my career in real estate, I started as a property negotiator last September???

xx

MataHari Jul 20th 2008 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by English.Blue.Eyed.Girl (Post 6590897)
Hey all..

that's what we like to hear...

Blue Cat Jul 20th 2008 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by English.Blue.Eyed.Girl (Post 6591096)
Hey..Thanks for the reply. Well, dont get me wrong, I do enjoy my nursing..but its the fact that I want to get away now, and I have two years left to go, but that should go pretty fast hey?? What is the nursing situation like out in dubai do you know?

Also, I was looking into furthing my career in real estate, I started as a property negotiator last September???

xx

www.ahdubai.com, but I think they will want experienced Nurses to be honest with you but it's a start. Everything comes to those who wait ...

Inselaffen Jul 20th 2008 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by English.Blue.Eyed.Girl (Post 6591096)

xx

you could possibly get a job in real estate out here but you would need your degree to get your visa. your visa applic would probably be rejected without it.

pauldxb Jul 20th 2008 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by English.Blue.Eyed.Girl (Post 6591092)
Thank you for your reply and advice. I think it would be a wise idea to finish my degree, and see how it goes. Its just the thought of two years left!! But hey two years shoudl fly in shouldn't it?
What is the recruitment area like for nurses out in Dubai?

xx

A friend of mine from London qualified last year as a nurse & she wanted to work in Dubai but she was told that you need two years experience before you would beaccepted out hear. I dont know if this is gospel, best of luck.

sassy Jul 20th 2008 3:59 pm

Its not worth coming efore your 21 anyway ;)

MataHari Jul 20th 2008 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by sassy (Post 6591324)
Its not worth coming efore your 21 anyway ;)

very clever...

Khan Jul 20th 2008 4:18 pm

Welcome to the forum.

There is no doubt about it - finish your studies first.

Visit Dubai or search information about UAE and its life and options and then make a move but as i said finish your studies first.

cheers
Khan Mr.