Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Help!!!!Where to go?

Help!!!!Where to go?

Old Feb 5th 2008, 10:34 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help!!!!Where to go?

I live in Al Barsha, near Mall of the Emirates
Old Feb 5th 2008, 11:04 am
Just Joined

steelertom is just really nicesteelertom is just really nicesteelertom is just really nicesteelertom is just really nicesteelertom is just really nicesteelertom is just really nicesteelertom is just really nicesteelertom is just really nice

no just us

Im 24 and sarah is 26.

Both really excited so if you can give any advice about actually getting there and the process of making the move that would be good to
im sure sarah wopuld like to speak to you

i know theres plenty on the forum however you read that much some things what should be simple can be confusing when in our position of dont really know what to do 1st

obviously the 1st thing we want to do is visit dubai and confirm its for us

but after that if it is for us, we are the sort of people to just get on with it and not sit on it and we have often said what would we do 1st.

Tom
Old Feb 5th 2008, 11:09 am
Forum Regular

angelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I live in Al Barsha, near Mall of the Emirates
BC ive heard so much about Al Barsha - its a building site, its boring away from the action etc etc but tell me really - how do u find it and also is it accesible to work places - i will be working on EMaar Buisness park SZ road.. whats the rent like? what are the nicer apartments in al barsha
Old Feb 5th 2008, 11:19 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steelertom
no just us

Im 24 and sarah is 26.

Both really excited so if you can give any advice about actually getting there and the process of making the move that would be good to
im sure sarah wopuld like to speak to you

i know theres plenty on the forum however you read that much some things what should be simple can be confusing when in our position of dont really know what to do 1st

obviously the 1st thing we want to do is visit dubai and confirm its for us

but after that if it is for us, we are the sort of people to just get on with it and not sit on it and we have often said what would we do 1st.

Tom

get in touch with GEMS and The Regent and the other education groups here and get her CV sent out to them all and see what responses you get. That is a good measure of how things will lie. At your age the two of you will love Dubai, there is alot to do. Are you married or not? can't remember!
Old Feb 5th 2008, 11:20 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by angelynv
BC ive heard so much about Al Barsha - its a building site, its boring away from the action etc etc but tell me really - how do u find it and also is it accesible to work places - i will be working on EMaar Buisness park SZ road.. whats the rent like? what are the nicer apartments in al barsha
It is a building site and the traffic can be a mare but it is very handy for the Emaar building, definately! The Greens I think is probably better than where I am which is on the land opposite. The Greens is finished so no construction noise unlike where I am. Rents - a 2 bed in my building is currently 130k. I think a 2 bed on the Greens will be more. Do a search for Better Homes Dubai to get an idea of current rental prices.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 11:23 am
Just Joined

steelertom is just really nicesteelertom is just really nicesteelertom is just really nicesteelertom is just really nicesteelertom is just really nicesteelertom is just really nicesteelertom is just really nicesteelertom is just really nice

yeah we are all married up, Have a terrace house in derbyshire which we are considering keeping and renting out for a while so obviously we will have to take that into consideration.

sorry BC about visa info where would it be best to look this up rather than trawling through the forum.

Cheers

Tom
Old Feb 5th 2008, 11:27 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by steelertom
yeah we are all married up, Have a terrace house in derbyshire which we are considering keeping and renting out for a while so obviously we will have to take that into consideration.

sorry BC about visa info where would it be best to look this up rather than trawling through the forum.

Cheers

Tom
nothing to look up, you get it via your employer don't worry about that side of things for now, come out, see if you like it and take it from there.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 12:46 pm
Just Joined

Thanks so much for your help BC

would it be ok for me to PM you if i need to know anything or sarah may want to ask something about the teaching things
thanks so much.

Tom.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 12:48 pm
Forum Regular

angelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
It is a building site and the traffic can be a mare but it is very handy for the Emaar building, definately! The Greens I think is probably better than where I am which is on the land opposite. The Greens is finished so no construction noise unlike where I am. Rents - a 2 bed in my building is currently 130k. I think a 2 bed on the Greens will be more. Do a search for Better Homes Dubai to get an idea of current rental prices.
thanks - im sorted re rentals in the greens, marina the views etc just hadnt checked out al barsha