Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Help! So many questions so little time!

Help! So many questions so little time!

Old Sep 19th 2007, 2:52 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help! So many questions so little time!

Veedub, what's your cat like??? I love cats

I would try and get an apartment in the Satwa, Makhool area, handy for the SZR and the Crowne Plaza area. Prices are mental so be prepared to cough up some money out of your own pocket. Pending on the Landlord you can pay one cheque, two cheques and if he is really understanding 3! don't think there are any understanding landlords left these days!!!

Good Luck, hope it all goes well !
Old Sep 19th 2007, 2:52 pm
Just Joined

Veedub is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice choice SYB!

Ok, I think that the company pay for flights twice a year and hoping that they will pay for flights out initially - Not 100% if they offer relocation but I think they do sort out some sort of accomodation sub for a few months.

I'm thinking I may have to negotiate hard if no relocation package...
Old Sep 19th 2007, 2:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Veedub
Cool, thanks for this - A collegue of mine mentioned Jumeirah is a nice place to live - Is it maybe too far out?

Seriously guys, all this info(and flirting)! is brilliant and I def owe beers/cola to you!

I know this is an ambiguous, but is there anything I may have forgotten cost wise? Oh, and is it easy to sort out a UAE drivers license?
Old Town is an easy commute to your office and very nice low-rise apartments but surrounded by building works. If you are looking for your own apartment then for the budget you mentioned you can also look at Greens/Marina/Jumeira Beach Residence all of which will be within a 30 minute commute. You will be going against the traffic so its not a problem.

If you dont mind sharing a villa then Jumeria an Umm Suqeim are also possibilities
Old Sep 19th 2007, 2:55 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

not sure if has been mentioned but you won't be able to rent anywhere til you get your visa so that will give you time to have a a good look around. Beebee will point you in the right direction.

Old Sep 19th 2007, 2:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
not sure if has been mentioned but you won't be able to rent anywhere til you get your visa so that will give you time to have a a good look around. Beebee will point you in the right direction.

Is her new job in letting as well, then? And is that why she isn't on here all day anymore!
Old Sep 19th 2007, 2:59 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
basically anywhere between Trade centre and the Marina will do you then. Dont go in the opposite direction as it tends to get a little common over that way and the roads will be jammed with Toyota Corolla's and Nissan Sunnies coming from Sharjah ! For a 2 bedroom apartment you'll probably pay between 115-150k depending where it is.
You utter snob...common my arse.
Old Sep 19th 2007, 3:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie
Is her new job in letting as well, then? And is that why she isn't on here all day anymore!
its a bit of a culture shock! she doesnt officially start till sunday and they have her running around
Old Sep 19th 2007, 3:01 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie
when did she get the new job?? a couple of weeks ago she was in letting, unless she has moved again
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by lionheart
You utter snob...common my arse.
did I mention I live in Mankhool
Just Joined

Veedub is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Inselaffen, Blue Cat and shakh your bootie, your advice is invaluable and so quick!

Blue cat - We have a british short hair cross - Looks like a tabby torty type kitty cat! Have you relocated animals - how did they get on?
Old Sep 19th 2007, 3:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

when did she get the new job?? a couple of weeks ago she was in letting, unless she has moved again
think its sales and lettings.
you really should try to keep up BC
Old Sep 19th 2007, 3:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

Send her a PM & ask her about her new boss....

Then post on here & tell us all the juicy details!
Old Sep 19th 2007, 3:12 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Veedub
Thanks Inselaffen, Blue Cat and shakh your bootie, your advice is invaluable and so quick!

Blue cat - We have a british short hair cross - Looks like a tabby torty type kitty cat! Have you relocated animals - how did they get on?
I brought Sasha cat over here with me ten years ago, quite straight forward, basically you got to the Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries (MAF) and export the cat out of the UK. You fill in all the paperwork and send it back to them, they then tell you which vet to go to in your area for the rabies jab and then that has to be done one month before travel. Then the cat comes as 'cargo' on the same flight as you. You also have to get papers at this end to 'import' her, speak to the airlines they will advice. If your new comp are putting you in temp furnished accomodation they prob won't allow cats until you get your own place. In that case you will have to get one of us lot to help you out until such time or get the cat sent on later when you are settled.

Hope this helps, memory but jaded as it was a while back!
Old Sep 19th 2007, 3:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
did I mention I live in Mankhool
I love the area.......
Old Sep 19th 2007, 3:19 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by IndieGirl
I love the area.......
me too, wish I had never moved

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.