Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Help! So many questions so little time!

Help! So many questions so little time!

Old Sep 19th 2007, 1:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help! So many questions so little time!

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
I do believe you are on the waiting list for that very honour!
Excellent. We will be dining at Ravi's....
Old Sep 19th 2007, 1:33 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

I do believe you are on the waiting list for that very honour!
HAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAA
Old Sep 19th 2007, 1:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie
Excellent. We will be dining at Ravi's....
will sir be having the Butter Chicker or the Snot Dhal
Old Sep 19th 2007, 1:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

will sir be having the Butter Chicker or the Snot Dhal
Mine's the aloo gobby...
Just Joined

Veedub is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for these answers guys, much appreciated!

I will be working on Sheikh Zayed Road, near the Crown Plaza Hotel - Don't mind 30-40 minute drive so any ideas on location.

Also, how does one register for utilities? Is this the DEWA thingy I've read about!

P.s, not a massive fan of snot myself hee hee!
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Veedub...please ignore these childish guys....and welcome to the forum, any questions, please don't hesitate...
Old Sep 19th 2007, 1:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Veedub

I will be working on Sheikh Zayed Road, near the Crown Plaza Hotel - Don't mind 30-40 minute drive so any ideas on location.

Also, how does one register for utilities? Is this the DEWA thingy I've read about!

Sorry - we have a tendency to drift off thread.

I live in Abu Dhabi, so will leave it to more qualified members to advise on where to live!

If your company is reasonably large, they will have a P.R.O. (public relations officer) - who is basically your fix-it guy for DEWA, phone etc. If not, then get a copy of Dubai Explorer - it has details of the different procedures & document requirements for all of the essentials here.

Good luck - if you get over here, then come out for one of our nights out!
Old Sep 19th 2007, 1:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

basically anywhere between Trade centre and the Marina will do you then. Dont go in the opposite direction as it tends to get a little common over that way and the roads will be jammed with Toyota Corolla's and Nissan Sunnies coming from Sharjah ! For a 2 bedroom apartment you'll probably pay between 115-150k depending where it is.
Old Sep 19th 2007, 1:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by MataHari
Veedub...please ignore these childish guys....and welcome to the forum, any questions, please don't hesitate...
OMG, MH. You come in here, pull everything off thread and then act the innocent miss????? Just because you want to flirt with the newbie??????

For shame.
Old Sep 19th 2007, 1:44 pm
hmmmm...nice

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie
OMG, MH. You come in here, pull everything off thread and then act the innocent miss????? Just because you want to flirt with the newbie??????

For shame.
I must be wearing Transparant today....
Old Sep 19th 2007, 1:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The BE voice of reason!!
Old Sep 19th 2007, 1:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I must be wearing Transparant today....
You wear it well....
Old Sep 19th 2007, 1:50 pm
hmmmm...nice

The BE voice of reason!!
why yes, I might change my signature to that...how excellent
Old Sep 19th 2007, 2:30 pm
Just Joined

Veedub is an unknown quantity at this point

basically anywhere between Trade centre and the Marina will do you then. Dont go in the opposite direction as it tends to get a little common over that way and the roads will be jammed with Toyota Corolla's and Nissan Sunnies coming from Sharjah ! For a 2 bedroom apartment you'll probably pay between 115-150k depending where it is.
Cool, thanks for this - A collegue of mine mentioned Jumeirah is a nice place to live - Is it maybe too far out?

Seriously guys, all this info(and flirting)! is brilliant and I def owe beers/cola to you!

I know this is an ambiguous, but is there anything I may have forgotten cost wise? Oh, and is it easy to sort out a UAE drivers license?
Old Sep 19th 2007, 2:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Cool, thanks for this - A collegue of mine mentioned Jumeirah is a nice place to live - Is it maybe too far out?

Seriously guys, all this info(and flirting)! is brilliant and I def owe beers/cola to you!

I know this is an ambiguous, but is there anything I may have forgotten cost wise? Oh, and is it easy to sort out a UAE drivers license?
Jumeirah is nice, no it is an easy drive to SZR. It is expensive there, mainly villas. That said, a lot of youngish professionals choose to villa-share in Jumeirah, so you may find something that suits your wishes & your pocket.

You can drive on your UK licence here, with the right paperwork you can get the UAE licence within a few hours. Again, Dubai explorer will give you an accurate list of the paperwork that you need (the residence visa being one of them!).

Cost-wise - who is paying your flights? A lot of us get an annual allowance for plane tickets home. Also, a lot of companies pay relocation which would either allow you to buy furniture etc over here, or cover the cost of shipping your UK chattels.

Mine's a mojito.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.