Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Help Needed Finding a Compound

Help Needed Finding a Compound

Old Jul 14th 2012, 12:17 pm
Just Joined

ssharkson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help Needed Finding a Compound

Hi, We are an Australian family moving to Riyadh in the next two months and are in search of an excellent compound. We have two boys (16 and 14). We have been told that, in order of preference, to check the following compounds: 1. Kingdom City Compound, 2. EID Villas, 3. Al Hamra, 4. Arizona 5. Cordoba 6. Arabian Homes. My husband loves golf so he is very interested in the Arizona compound (no surprise there). I would be very interested in peoples opinions of experiences they may have had with these compounds. We also understand that they can be difficult to get into. My husband is an executive with Boeing so we are hoping that the company can help; however, the relocation process has only just begun and I thought I would do some homework of my own.
Thank you very much in advance,
Sonia
Old Jul 14th 2012, 1:38 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help Needed Finding a Compound

welcome to BE, I am in Dubai so can't help, I have asked for this to be moved to the Middle East section as it is more about general enquiries.
Old Jul 15th 2012, 8:07 pm
Forum Regular

Hippacrocapig will become famous soon enoughHippacrocapig will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: Help Needed Finding a Compound

The compounds you mention are all the five star compounds. All have excellent facilities. Yes you're right they will be very difficult to get into. The company will have more leverage than you going independently. All these compounds do have websites and there is always google earth/maps for looking around.
Are you sending the kids to the multi national school? They follow the Australian curriculum.
I've been in sunny Riyadh for 18 months now. I'm not an expert but if you need any questions answering I'll try, just send me a PM.

Hippa
Old Jul 18th 2012, 8:30 am
Just Joined

ServerCool will become famous soon enoughServerCool will become famous soon enough

Hi Sonia
We are located at the Al Jadawel Compound just off Exit 10. This is a very large compound of approx 400 x 4 Bed villas with Drivers and Maid quarters. We have been there now for approx 8 months and although it has been a bit of a ghost town it is now under new owners and they have been doing a lot of work to refurbish it. I think approx 50 villas have been taken up and rumours are approx 200 other villas will be taken in the next few months by British Aerospace? Maybe worth a look. The manager there is Mr Barry Kay.
The Arizona is my favourite but waiting times are 12 to 18 months according to them.
PS I also play golf and there are 3 golf courses around Riyadh at the Arizona, Intercontinental Hotel and Dirab all pretty expensive for Riyadh!
Do not hesitate to contact me if you need more information and I will try and help.

Last edited by ServerCool; Jul 18th 2012 at 8:35 am.
Old Jul 19th 2012, 7:15 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ServerCool
Hi Sonia

PS I also play golf and there are 3 golf courses around Riyadh at the Arizona, Intercontinental Hotel and Dirab all pretty expensive for Riyadh!
Do not hesitate to contact me if you need more information and I will try and help.
Don't forget Riyadh Greens GC on Qassim Highway. Very decent 18 hole set up and 2 for 1 vouchers in the Saudi Entertainer book.
Old Jul 21st 2012, 6:13 am
Just Joined

ServerCool will become famous soon enoughServerCool will become famous soon enough

Thanks Saudiflares will have to look that one up.
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 9:41 am
BE Enthusiast

MaserMan is an unknown quantity at this point

The courses at Intercon and Arizona are pretty much pitch and putt.

Riyadh Greens is a lot closer than Dirab with a very nice clubhouse and the golf pro is a good guy. I am a member at Dirab and prefer it as it is a better challenge than RGC although it takes about 45 mins to get there.

Most compounds will say they are full, but that is not always the case, I live on Eid and they have a number of villas empty.