Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

HELP needed: Boyfriend gone missing in Desert Safari from Al Jubail

HELP needed: Boyfriend gone missing in Desert Safari from Al Jubail

Old Nov 14th 2011, 3:47 am
Just Joined

ulyssa_marie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default HELP needed: Boyfriend gone missing in Desert Safari from Al Jubail

I am currently living in the Philippines. My boyfriend who is currently living & working in Al Jubail, went off for a desert safari with several workmates on Nov. 4th, during the 6-day holiday there in Saudi. I did not clarify with him which desert or the name of where he was going to. He told me that he'd stay for only 2 days.

I am worried since i have not heard from him since then. I would like to ask for your advises on what to do with this matter. If there are any rescue teams or numbers that i can contact to ensure his safety. Is there a possibility that him and his group were stranded? I cannot contact him since there is no cellular signal in the desert.

I was able to get several texts from him on Monday, Nov. 7th. He was in a small village, collecting water with his group. He said that he would be heading back to Jubail the next day. But i didn't get any other message from him after that.

If someone could please give me contacts or people whom i can call to help me in this matter. Perhaps rescue teams or anyone who can clarify his location and safety, i will be sincerely grateful.

My boyfriend's name is ALVIN FELICIANO.

Occupation: Project Manager & General Manager for Civil Engr. Department

Company/employer: <snip>

Number: +<snip>

My e-mail is <snip>@yahoo.com
my contact number is +<snip>

Last edited by Sue; Nov 14th 2011 at 1:11 pm. Reason: Comp name, email and tel nos removed. Not wise to post those details on a public forum
Old Nov 15th 2011, 12:14 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HELP needed: Boyfriend gone missing in Desert Safari from Al Jubail

The Philippines Embassy (assuming that's where he's from) and his employer should be the first points of contact. Groups of people don't usually get dangerously lost in Saudi. Good luck
Old Nov 16th 2011, 10:26 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Have you contacted his company? That's the first thing to do.
Old Nov 16th 2011, 11:19 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Don't worry too much. You will probably find that he is now employed as a jockey by one of the Sheikhs racing camels in the desert. They made him an offer he could not refuse.
Old Nov 16th 2011, 11:51 am
BE Enthusiast

gottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to all

There are no uninhabited desert areas near Jubail. And temperatures in November are not high. He could be stuck in the desert, broken down vehicle, he is very likely to be lost but he will not be remote from Saudis. Particularly at this time of year the whole male population are living in air conditioned tents with generators, flat screen TVs and satellite dishes out in the desert. His employer should have already started enquiries when he did not return to work.
Old Nov 18th 2011, 12:04 pm
Sand pit since May 2010

Geo79 is an unknown quantity at this point

Any update?