Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Help Needed- Anybody working in the local banking sector?

Help Needed- Anybody working in the local banking sector?

Old Oct 14th 2007, 2:16 pm
Expert

The Man is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help Needed- Anybody working in the local banking sector?

Hi All,

Does anybody here work in the local banking sector? I would like to hear from someone who is currently employed in the UAE banking/financial sector.

I am Canadian educated and presently, I am working for a major UK based bank in Dubai. I am working in Retail Credit & Risk Management (Consumer/Retail banking in other words).Prior to my current assignment; I worked at a major Dutch bank in Dubai for two years.

I feel that my career growth has stalled in the new organization and I desperately want to make a switch to another organization before my career hits the doldrums. Now the trouble is that in Dubai nothing seems to work conventionally. I have sent my CV to all the major recruitment agencies and I diligently apply for the relevant vacancies which are published in the newspapers, but no response ever comes. I have learnt, during the course of my job search, that a significant portion of job openings in Dubai are not even published and a jobseeker’s network of social and personal contacts has a deep impact on job search too. Out here it is all the case of knowing the right people.

I do not have too many contacts within the local banking industry and I am really struggling on this front .Can anybody help me please? Any suggestions or help would be welcomed.

Cheers
Old Oct 14th 2007, 2:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help Needed- Anybody working in the local banking sector?

Hi there,
Am in the same field....

There's a huge shortage of risk professionals here - so don't worry

Will send you a PM with my email address.

Cheers