Help needed

Old Jan 19th 2007, 7:57 am
Just Joined

sajwanishereagain is just really nicesajwanishereagain is just really nicesajwanishereagain is just really nicesajwanishereagain is just really nicesajwanishereagain is just really nicesajwanishereagain is just really nicesajwanishereagain is just really nicesajwanishereagain is just really nice
Default Help needed

My next door neighbour is a bit of a lad but a nice bloke.

He has asked to borrow some money to pay off some debts.

My wife has heard he is a bankrupt in the UK and is dead set against it.

How do you/can you check if someone is a bankrupt in a different country?

Thanks in advance.
Saj.
Old Jan 19th 2007, 9:40 am
W10

Default Re: Help needed

I think Polonius was right when he said 'neither a borrower or a lender be'

Why would you lend money to someone to pay off their debts when there are a large number of banks in the UAE falling over themselves to lend money to anyone who is breathing?

Old Jan 19th 2007, 2:12 pm
Just Joined

sajwanishereagain is just really nicesajwanishereagain is just really nicesajwanishereagain is just really nicesajwanishereagain is just really nicesajwanishereagain is just really nicesajwanishereagain is just really nicesajwanishereagain is just really nicesajwanishereagain is just really nice

Thats his problem,he owes the banks here bundles and probably cannot borrow any more.

Such a nice bloke though.

My wife thinks he is a massive con man.

Needs AED170,000 quickly

Saj.
Old Jan 19th 2007, 4:27 pm
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute

If you're bankrupt in England or Wales it's a matter of public record. All the details of all British bankrupts are held in the Insolvency Register, which is free for anyone to search online.

Just go here, then click "search by NAME". It will ask you for the Insolvency Office and court that dealt with the case, but since you won't know, you can choose "all offices in England and Wales" and then you can enter the person's surname (and first name too if you want). If he's bankrupt in England or Wales, he will definitely show up on the register.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by Eeyore; Jan 19th 2007 at 4:31 pm.
Old Jan 19th 2007, 4:43 pm
Just Joined

omg GR thanks for that.

Cannot believe it and the wife is smiling with an "I told you so" look.

Pushing the boat a little do you know how I can find out if he is a con man by checking if he has been done for fraud in the UK.

Thanks again GR-drinks are on me as I have saved a couple of bob.

Saj
Old Jan 19th 2007, 5:25 pm
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sajwanishereagain
how I can find out if he is a con man by checking if he has been done for fraud in the UK
Dunno... I'm sure there's a way, though. There'll be some court records system somewhere you can search.
Old Jan 19th 2007, 11:21 pm
W10

You were considering lending Dh170,000 with no security to someone who by their own admission was unable to get a loan from a bank in the UAE because he owed them tons of money?

Do you want to by my car?

Old Jan 20th 2007, 4:00 am
Just Joined

Wink Re: Help needed

W10 could you imagine what the wife would say if I was to do that!
Old Jan 20th 2007, 5:33 am
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

You're lucky you have a sensible wife!
Old Jan 20th 2007, 6:23 am
Just Joined

indiegirl you would not say that if you saw her
Old Jan 20th 2007, 6:32 am
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Well all I can see now is she tried to save you and it appears succeeded in preventing you from losing 170k!

Cheers and welcome to the forum btw!
Old Jan 20th 2007, 8:42 am
Just Joined

Thanks for that IndieGirl.

She is a diamond though and has saved me from "the conman" as she now refers to him.

I think we all have to think twice about people who appear so genuine but have a lot of skeletons in the cupboard.

I wonder how many people here and on other websites have been hoodwinked into believing things that are not true or out and out lies.

Have a great day

Saj
Old Jan 20th 2007, 6:30 pm
Soupy twist

Originally Posted by sajwanishereagain
I wonder how many people here and on other websites have been hoodwinked into believing things that are not true or out and out lies
Oh, man... we know a real-life Dubai story just like that... and because we know the truth behind the situation, the lies that are being told are simultaneously jaw-dropping and hilarious. A small group of people are lapping up those lies under the impression that they're being told the truth - we call them "the mushrooms"... because they're being kept in the dark and fed on shit
Old Jan 21st 2007, 1:08 am
Just Joined

Hey GR wouldnt it be funny if it turned out to be my neighbour-any clues my bloke I think has his own blog?
Saj.
Old Jan 21st 2007, 3:43 am
Soupy twist

Don't want to say any more on here... I'll PM you the details.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.