Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Help Moving To Abu Dhabi In Jan 04

Help Moving To Abu Dhabi In Jan 04

Old Sep 28th 2004, 7:48 am
  #1  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 3
TIGRESS3369 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Help Moving To Abu Dhabi In Jan 05

HI, HAVE BEEN READING ALL THE POSTS SOME VERY INTERESTING BUT HAVE BAD EYE'S NOW!!
HUBBY IS WORKING OUT IN ABU DHABI FOR 2 YEARS+ AND I AM GOING WITH HIM TO LIVE FROM SUNNY SOUTHAMPTON ENGLAND . I DO NOT SPEAK A WORD OF ARABIC AND WONDERED IF ANYONE NEW OF A GOOD PLACE TO LEARN?
ALSO I AM A VERY TYPICAL WESTERN WOMAN AND ENJOY PLAYING ENGLISH POOL, IS THERE ANY ENGLISH POOL TABLES OUT THERE? AND WHAT WOULD BE THE CHANCE OF STARTING UP A POOL TEAM?

MANY THANKS
TIGRESS
XXX

Last edited by TIGRESS3369; Sep 28th 2004 at 7:56 am.
TIGRESS3369 is offline  
Old Oct 1st 2004, 6:43 am
  #2  
The Oracle
 
Face81's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 7,220
Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Help Moving To Abu Dhabi In Jan 05

Originally Posted by TIGRESS3369
HI, HAVE BEEN READING ALL THE POSTS SOME VERY INTERESTING BUT HAVE BAD EYE'S NOW!!
HUBBY IS WORKING OUT IN ABU DHABI FOR 2 YEARS+ AND I AM GOING WITH HIM TO LIVE FROM SUNNY SOUTHAMPTON ENGLAND . I DO NOT SPEAK A WORD OF ARABIC AND WONDERED IF ANYONE NEW OF A GOOD PLACE TO LEARN?
ALSO I AM A VERY TYPICAL WESTERN WOMAN AND ENJOY PLAYING ENGLISH POOL, IS THERE ANY ENGLISH POOL TABLES OUT THERE? AND WHAT WOULD BE THE CHANCE OF STARTING UP A POOL TEAM?

MANY THANKS
TIGRESS
XXX
Well I am not too sure about AD's (Abu Dhabi) pool scene....lol.... I am sure, like Dubai there will be load of places where u can learn Arabic if u really wanted to. Just get urself a copy of the "education" section from the classifieds of either the 'Gulf News', 'Khaleej Times', 'Gulf Today' or 'Emirates News' news papers and there should be plenty on offer there. I am sure that other AD residents could suggest something?

-Face81(60 hours b4 it opens!!!!)
Face81 is offline  
Old Oct 1st 2004, 6:26 pm
  #3  
 
Heart of gold's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2003
Location: Somerset
Posts: 2,797
Heart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help Moving To Abu Dhabi In Jan 05

Originally Posted by TIGRESS3369
HI, HAVE BEEN READING ALL THE POSTS SOME VERY INTERESTING BUT HAVE BAD EYE'S NOW!!
HUBBY IS WORKING OUT IN ABU DHABI FOR 2 YEARS+ AND I AM GOING WITH HIM TO LIVE FROM SUNNY SOUTHAMPTON ENGLAND . I DO NOT SPEAK A WORD OF ARABIC AND WONDERED IF ANYONE NEW OF A GOOD PLACE TO LEARN?
ALSO I AM A VERY TYPICAL WESTERN WOMAN AND ENJOY PLAYING ENGLISH POOL, IS THERE ANY ENGLISH POOL TABLES OUT THERE? AND WHAT WOULD BE THE CHANCE OF STARTING UP A POOL TEAM?

MANY THANKS
TIGRESS
XXX
Its not important to learn arabic unless you really wish to, we are in dubai having moved from Portsmouth. My daughter learns arabic and finds it a real struggle.
Try expatmum.com dont know the full addy, this is what I used to find the ful site.
There are many expat mums including out in AD, Im sure they will help you out.

Good luck
Heart of gold is offline  
Old Oct 1st 2004, 10:26 pm
  #4  
The 5th Amendment
 
joseph.creative's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Dubai City
Posts: 3,142
joseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nice
Default Re: Help Moving To Abu Dhabi In Jan 05

Originally Posted by Heart of gold
Its not important to learn arabic unless you really wish to, we are in dubai having moved from Portsmouth. My daughter learns arabic and finds it a real struggle.
Try expatmum.com dont know the full addy, this is what I used to find the ful site.
There are many expat mums including out in AD, Im sure they will help you out.

Good luck

forget the arabic!!!

www. maybe before the xpat ? lol

And I used to live in the the New Forest near Lymington so are we going to have a south coast section of the board soon? lol

Face: what's ur view on needing know arabic unless u get ur car hit by a cement truck? :scared:
joseph.creative is offline  
Old Oct 1st 2004, 10:28 pm
  #5  
The Oracle
 
Face81's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 7,220
Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Help Moving To Abu Dhabi In Jan 05

Originally Posted by joseph.creative
forget the arabic!!!

www. maybe before the xpat ? lol

And I used to live in the the New Forest near Lymington so are we going to have a south coast section of the board soon? lol

Face: what's ur view on needing know arabic unless u get ur car hit by a cement truck? :scared:
Forget the arabic! Not needed......except if u r in an RTA :scared:

Joe is leaving Dubai........awwwwwwww.......we will miss u mate! Be back soon!

-Face81
Face81 is offline  
Old Oct 2nd 2004, 7:33 am
  #6  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 3
TIGRESS3369 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help Moving To Abu Dhabi In Jan 05

THANK YOU FOR YOU HELP FACE!

I WILL KEEP IN CONTACT IF THATS OK AND WHEN WE COME FOR THE WEEKEND IN DUBAI I WILL PROBABLY PICK YOUR BRAINS OF THE BEST PLACES TO GO FOR A AS YOU SEEM TO HAVE A TASTE FOR ONE OR TWO
XXX
TIGRESS3369 is offline  
Old Oct 2nd 2004, 7:37 am
  #7  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 3
TIGRESS3369 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help Moving To Abu Dhabi In Jan 05

THANK YOU HEART OF GOLD.

I HAVE DONE WHAT YOU SUGGESTED AND LOOKED AT WWW.EXPATMUM.COM AND THERE ARE SOME REALLY USEFUL LINKS THERE. THANKS AGAIN...

TIGRESS
XXX
TIGRESS3369 is offline  
Old Oct 3rd 2004, 4:09 am
  #8  
The Oracle
 
Face81's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 7,220
Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Help Moving To Abu Dhabi In Jan 05

Originally Posted by TIGRESS3369
THANK YOU FOR YOU HELP FACE!

I WILL KEEP IN CONTACT IF THATS OK AND WHEN WE COME FOR THE WEEKEND IN DUBAI I WILL PROBABLY PICK YOUR BRAINS OF THE BEST PLACES TO GO FOR A AS YOU SEEM TO HAVE A TASTE FOR ONE OR TWO
XXX
LOL.....No probs at all........I love sharing my info on the finer things in life. hahaha ....I can recommend a fair few spots around Dubai that are worth a visit either for dining, a drink or just one of those must c places.......so pick my brains any time u like! lol

-Face81 (survived day 1! phew!)
Face81 is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.