Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

help me regarding degree

help me regarding degree

Old May 2nd 2009, 12:20 pm
Just Joined

junooni is an unknown quantity at this point
Default help me regarding degree

i have a degree issued by International University of America (IUA) given me at london. i was told to get it attested from Saudi Cultural Bureau in London as i did my BIT from london. but saudi cultural rejected it saying that this uni. is not in their list. although the concernd uni. was replying them and all.
now i m stuck.... what to do? any suggestions?
Old May 2nd 2009, 12:45 pm
Account Closed

Shadya is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: help me regarding degree

Originally Posted by junooni
i have a degree issued by International University of America (IUA) given me at london. i was told to get it attested from Saudi Cultural Bureau in London as i did my BIT from london. but saudi cultural rejected it saying that this uni. is not in their list. although the concernd uni. was replying them and all.
now i m stuck.... what to do? any suggestions?
It doesn't sound like a properly recognised university. What do you mean that it was "given' to you? Where exactly in London is it located? What is a BIT?
Old May 2nd 2009, 12:54 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Shadya
It doesn't sound like a properly recognised university. What do you mean that it was "given' to you? Where exactly in London is it located? What is a BIT?
i've been to its website www.iua.ac i didnt really studied there i was at a college which was affliated with this uni. it is a californian based uni.
the uni contact is
IUA - International University of America
Royal Arsenal Gatehouse,
Beresford Square
London
SE18 6AR

Phone : 020 8331 0555
Fax : 020 8331 0666
Email : [email protected]

and BIT is Bachelor of Information Technology
Old May 2nd 2009, 1:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

benzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond repute

As far as I can find out it is no longer registered in California (its status was suspended following an expose by Le Figaro and complaints from French students).

Is currently domiciled in Norfolk Island, Australia which wouldn't fill me with confidence. Sounds like a diploma mill to me (allegedly).
Old May 3rd 2009, 7:50 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by benzonar
As far as I can find out it is no longer registered in California (its status was suspended following an expose by Le Figaro and complaints from French students).

Is currently domiciled in Norfolk Island, Australia which wouldn't fill me with confidence. Sounds like a diploma mill to me (allegedly).
so y this uni. is still established in london? what british gov. is doing? thats sad
Old May 3rd 2009, 8:02 am

still.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to behold

so y this uni. is still established in london? what british gov. is doing? thats sad
have you got the british gov (foreign ministry) to certify the degree? perhaps the Saudi's are willing to accept the british gov's verification of it?
Old May 3rd 2009, 9:08 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by still.unsure
have you got the british gov (foreign ministry) to certify the degree? perhaps the Saudi's are willing to accept the british gov's verification of it?
yeah my friend is going to FCO this week and i hope they will attest it. but saudi's simply said they will not attest it even after attestation from FCO.
Old May 3rd 2009, 9:24 am

still.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to behold

yeah my friend is going to FCO this week and i hope they will attest it. but saudi's simply said they will not attest it even after attestation from FCO.
sorry, mate, but it sounds like you've got a dud on your hands. best bet would be to go back to the university and ask for your money back. no point in having the degree if it can't get you a job.

(yes, yes, i know all that "learning for the sake of learning" bit, but this is clearly a career degree and not of a 'philosophical' nature)
Old May 3rd 2009, 10:28 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

It took me three years of really hard graft attending daily lectures and seminars given by highly qualified professors and tutors to earn my university degree. It therefore annoys me that people can be awarded so-called degrees simply by attending courses at an allegedly affiliated college and paying for the award thereafter. Its not really a university education and should therefore be simply described as a diploma and nothing more.
Old May 3rd 2009, 10:34 am
Is not impressed...

Aikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really nice

The US embassy in Abu Dhabi will not certify degrees from schools deemed to be "diploma mills".

This is because of feedback from local employers who thought a US State Dep stamp meant they were getting an employee with a real education.

I know, you are not American and you are going to Saudi. I'm just chiming in.

Last edited by Aikman7981; May 3rd 2009 at 10:37 am. Reason: lack of relevance
Old May 3rd 2009, 10:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
It took me three years of really hard graft attending daily lectures and seminars given by highly qualified professors and tutors to earn my university degree. It therefore annoys me that people can be awarded so-called degrees simply by attending courses at an allegedly affiliated college and paying for the award thereafter. Its not really a university education and should therefore be simply described as a diploma and nothing more.
strange, it took me three years of playing hockey, getting pissed and singing rude songs to get my degree
Old May 3rd 2009, 11:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
strange, it took me three years of playing hockey, getting pissed and singing rude songs to get my degree
ha ha and you would be normal Inse.
Old May 3rd 2009, 12:32 pm
Once a blue Always a blue

Tiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of light

Mate, any proper university in england will have an ac.uk website address plus its british council approved internationally.
If you get a degree online what do you expect more than a scam.
Old May 3rd 2009, 12:38 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by lionheart
i transfered my course credit hours to this college. before in pakistan i was also attending those big lectures and workshops i wasnt aware of the consequences. i know its my mistake but now what to do...
Old May 3rd 2009, 12:42 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Tiger989
Mate, any proper university in england will have an ac.uk website address plus its british council approved internationally.
If you get a degree online what do you expect more than a scam.
no it wasnt online degree.... i was there in london for 2 and half yrs.. i studied there... and i dont think so that web domain does matter?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.