Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Help ...Looking for a compound in Jeddah

Help ...Looking for a compound in Jeddah

Old Apr 17th 2007, 9:08 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help ...Looking for a compound in Jeddah

Originally Posted by Lexylou
I was not judging anyone for eating a cat or a dog. I don't eat fluffy lambs either. I have issue with people stringing a dog up by its four quarters, alive, then removing its skin and fur, then throwing its still alive and in the most terrible pain into a pit with other skinned and still alive puppies, dogs and cats. I would not like the same fate to fall on any animal. Why they cannot just kill them first, is beyond me. This is not an icolated problem, this is happening to millions of puppies, kittens and adult dogs and cats in China right this second.

The fur is then sold in the US/ Europe and Russia and a fair bit prob in Dubai too. It takes 25 german shepherd puppies to make a coat. 5 lab puppies to make a rug. Nice eh?
that is terrible, absolutely awful
Old Apr 17th 2007, 9:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Lexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
that is terrible, absolutely awful
yes its not nice and if anyone sends you a clip of the secret filming of it the please do not watch it. I was violently sick afterwards and cried for days. The image now in my head will stay with me for the rest of my life. The person filming said that the screams were awful. It makes me love and pamper my little fur child even more everytime i think about it. She is right this minute sitting at my feet as I work.... Love her to bits...
Old Apr 17th 2007, 9:35 am
Just Joined

Jeddah Here is an unknown quantity at this point

yes its not nice and if anyone sends you a clip of the secret filming of it the please do not watch it. I was violently sick afterwards and cried for days. The image now in my head will stay with me for the rest of my life. The person filming said that the screams were awful. It makes me love and pamper my little fur child even more everytime i think about it. She is right this minute sitting at my feet as I work.... Love her to bits...
Quite a change of subject from Help looking for a place in Jeddah :-)

Will have to take extra care with our 2 cats when we get them over there, thank God we're in a compound patrolled by the army so no body can get in and whisk them away !!
Old Apr 17th 2007, 9:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Lexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jeddah Here
Quite a change of subject from Help looking for a place in Jeddah :-)

Will have to take extra care with our 2 cats when we get them over there, thank God we're in a compound patrolled by the army so no body can get in and whisk them away !!
yes that is what happens... someone mentions dog stew - bin cats for lunch and then it takes off from there.

Don't think you need to worry about the cats too much but you might if you plan a move to China!!
Old Apr 17th 2007, 9:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

yes that is what happens... someone mentions dog stew - bin cats for lunch and then it takes off from there.

Don't think you need to worry about the cats too much but you might if you plan a move to China!!
don't you believe it, LL, there were reports a while ago about workers eating cats here...

MM, xx
Old Apr 17th 2007, 9:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
don't you believe it, LL, there were reports a while ago about workers eating cats here...

MM, xx
OMG really? when you say workers do you mean the construction workers?
Poor things (the cats and the workers)
Old Apr 17th 2007, 10:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

OMG really? when you say workers do you mean the construction workers?
Poor things (the cats and the workers)
yep construction workers. The conditions they live in are so dreadful I guess it was inevitable...

MM, xx
Old Apr 17th 2007, 10:18 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
yep construction workers. The conditions they live in are so dreadful I guess it was inevitable...

MM, xx
Yup, they were stealing cats from Bur Dubai and Satwa, then sneaking them back into their accomodation
Old Apr 17th 2007, 10:34 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

I've seen the seemingly wanton torture of animals first hand in Taiwan, in a night market called Snake Alley. Even though it was (only) a snake being skinned and tortured, it still made my stomach turn. But at the end of the day, it is their culture, and we have our culture, and we don't have a right to preach and tell them how to live their lives, even if it makes us feel sick.

To be fair, I thought it was the labourers here you were talking about.
Old Apr 17th 2007, 10:38 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
I've seen the seemingly wanton torture of animals first hand in Taiwan, in a night market called Snake Alley. Even though it was (only) a snake being skinned and tortured, it still made my stomach turn. But at the end of the day, it is their culture, and we have our culture, and we don't have a right to preach and tell them how to live their lives, even if it makes us feel sick.

so does that mean, what is torture in one culture, isn't necessarily torture in another culture...I guess it does...
Old Apr 17th 2007, 10:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by littlejimmy

Actually it is not the chinese culture that makes them skin dogs and cats alive for their fur. Its the $$$$ involved that make them do it. It used to be our culture to impale and torture woman and children (just go to any torture museum in the UK) but we don't do that anymore...... I was not trying to change their culture... I have no means of doing that, but perhaps with some gentle guidence from animal charities etc they could perhaps kill the animal first before stripping off its fur. Just an idea.....it shouldnt make any difference to them. I would like to see it stopped completely but I know that won't happen.

As long as there are woman out there that like wearing fur (fur coat and nae knickers as they say in Glasgow) then they will continue to breed cats and dogs for fur.
Old Apr 17th 2007, 10:53 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

i last month was offered some dog to eat in korea. I thought it was a piss take until i seen a lorry load of labrador-like dogs on their way to the slaughterhouse

(my Korean collegue confirmed my fears)
Old Apr 17th 2007, 11:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad
i last month was offered some dog to eat in korea. I thought it was a piss take until i seen a lorry load of labrador-like dogs on their way to the slaughterhouse

(my Korean collegue confirmed my fears)
Its awful isn't it? It makes me cry..... I know a lady who rescues some dogs in China from the markets, they are just minutes from death. She takes the ones that will make it, a lot of them are very sick and injured. she rehabilitates them, they are not like a lot of people would imagine, they are not wild or different to pets that we know, they are just as loving, clever and giving despite the most awful start they have had with little human contact and certainly not any nice contact. She then rehomes them with western families and keeps some to take into the chinese communities to show them that a dog is a wonderful creature and is really doing such a wonderful wonderful job. They believe (the locals) that a dog is dirty etc and she shows them how much they can gain from such an animal.

A wonderful wonderful woman. It will take a lot more than her of course and dog and cat meat is a million(s) $ industry and so is the fur. So sad really.
Old Apr 17th 2007, 11:07 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

ok.....cat among the pidgeons and all that...

But what makes a cat or a dog so different from a little lamb or a fluffy bunny? Horsemeat is eaten as well...cows, little babes, cute chickens...
And I am not talking about the way they are being slaughtered, that should be done as 'humane' as possible....
Old Apr 17th 2007, 11:18 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
ok.....cat among the pidgeons and all that...

But what makes a cat or a dog so different from a little lamb or a fluffy bunny? Horsemeat is eaten as well...cows, little babes, cute chickens...
And I am not talking about the way they are being slaughtered, that should be done as 'humane' as possible....
cause lamb is good, pork is good, sausages is good, chicken is good

horses are for riding and dogs and cats are for stroking

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.