British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Help ...Looking for a compound in Jeddah (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/help-looking-compound-jeddah-442490/)

Jeddah Here Apr 16th 2007 10:27 am

Help ...Looking for a compound in Jeddah

Will soon be looking for a place to live in Jeddah and hope someone can give us some good advice on compounds available and what to look (lookout) for.

After a 3 bedroom furnished detached Villa, preferabley with garden or own space out back. No kids so no school required. Would like shops, pool(s), restaurants, gym but not worried about tennis or any other sports. Doctors ? Buses to town, beach and limo service.

Internet access and satellite would be good (try to keep up with the footie, cricket and golf :) ).

Also both avid golfers so any advice on golf courses, fees etc also welcome

All advice very welcome

Thanks....

arbroath_abroad Apr 16th 2007 11:02 am

Re: Help ...Looking for a compound in Jeddah

Originally Posted by RTowers (Post 4648571)
what to look (lookout) for.

All advice very welcome

Thanks....

i'd start with terrorists:p

honestly, why anyone would want to move to Saudi is beyond me. Last time i was in Jeddah, i totally hated the place and felt the bad vibes towards westeners

Jeddah Here Apr 16th 2007 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad (Post 4648718)
i'd start with terrorists:p

honestly, why anyone would want to move to Saudi is beyond me. Last time i was in Jeddah, i totally hated the place and felt the bad vibes towards westeners

You've now replied to 2 of my posts and had nothing interesting to say on either.

Advice from anyone else welcome...

Blue Cat Apr 16th 2007 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by RTowers (Post 4648959)
You've now replied to 2 of my posts and had nothing interesting to say on either.

I agree with Arbroath, I would rather have stayed in Newcaslte than head to Saudi. Husband did seven years in Jeddah and said he would never ever go back not for all the money in the world.

arbroath_abroad Apr 16th 2007 12:07 pm

well you did ask. If you dont want the answer dont ask the bleeding question

sorry

edit

its a great place, very liberalised, bring your family you will have a hoot

that better?

Jammy_Dodgers Apr 16th 2007 12:32 pm

Fine......use the search function and search for saudi on this forum.
I have lived in saudi on and off for years including jeddah.

you will find my unbiased views there.

rgds
JD

littlejimmy Apr 16th 2007 12:51 pm

You Want The Truth?

You Can't Handle The Truth!

NorthernLad Apr 16th 2007 1:14 pm

Yep, don't go.

Jeddah Here Apr 16th 2007 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by littlejimmy (Post 4649203)
You Want The Truth?

You Can't Handle The Truth!

I asked a question about compounds in Jeddah and you tell me you hated Jeddah....not very useful...what has it got to do with finding accommodation ? Maybe I should have asked what's it like in Jeddah and does anyone hate it but then again it wouldn't help me find anywhere to live !

Blue Cat Apr 16th 2007 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by NorthernLad (Post 4649352)
Yep, don't go.

that's my advice too, maybe the reason we have no Saudi posters in here is because they aren't allowed internet connections!

Jammy_Dodgers Apr 16th 2007 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by Jeddah Here (Post 4649358)
I asked a question about compounds in Jeddah and you tell me you hated Jeddah....not very useful...what has it got to do with finding accommodation ? Maybe I should have asked what's it like in Jeddah and does anyone hate it but then again it wouldn't help me find anywhere to live !

Chill out now....it will be hostile enough when you get there.

Firstly...have you lived in saudi before?

NorthernLad Apr 16th 2007 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by RTowers (Post 4649358)

Fair point...you not asked your new employer to assist you? Or your employer put you in touch with people already living there, maybe they can help?

Good luck.

Jeddah Here Apr 16th 2007 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by NorthernLad (Post 4649395)
Fair point...you not asked your new employer to assist you? Or your employer put you in touch with people already living there, maybe they can help?

Good luck.

Good point... I will be taken around some compounds by my employers when I get there and hopefully that will be sufficient...just thought I would try this site and see if anyone already living there had any advice, would also be nice to have some contacts over there.

Havn't lived in the Middle East before. All over Europe and the Far East but I'm prepared for something completely different just not sure exactly what yet ..

Jammy_Dodgers Apr 16th 2007 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by Jeddah Here (Post 4649443)
Good point... I will be taken around some compounds by my employers when I get there and hopefully that will be sufficient...just thought I would try this site and see if anyone already living there had any advice, would also be nice to have some contacts over there.

Havn't lived in the Middle East before. All over Europe and the Far East but I'm prepared for something completely different just not sure exactly what yet ..

Well for what its worth............your foooooooooking mad.

It's like saying im going to eat rat poison,...never tried it before.

I can assure you......it will be completely different.

Odds are that you have already jacked in your old job so its too late for you now.
Pls dont get stroppy, we are not all haters, we are just giving you honest advice.

Rgds
JD

Jeddah Here Apr 16th 2007 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers (Post 4649465)
Well for what its worth............your foooooooooking mad.

It's like saying im going to eat rat poison,...never tried it before.

I can assure you......it will be completely different.

Odds are that you have already jacked in your old job so its too late for you now.
Pls dont get stroppy, we are not all haters, we are just giving you honest advice.

Rgds
JD

Do you know anything about compounds in Jeddah that will help me ?

not getting stroppy... :-)