Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Help! I'm moving to Saudi and lost!

Help! I'm moving to Saudi and lost!

Old Apr 18th 2006, 6:27 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help! I'm moving to Saudi and lost!

Originally Posted by CasaNova
W10, Perhaps you should be reading this;

One possible reason Canadians are born ba7eel. Having themselves a huge piece of land, with all types of natural climates and resources. Yet they are not satisfied and are migrating here in this tiny hot frying pan. Are they coming here to get tanned ? Expats in Emirates are all saving up and migrating to Canada, in a hope for a better future. Nowadays i find locals also moving out. If there is a future there, then why are these Canadians leaving their own motherland ?

If these people wish to do a job abroad, why not look in USA, which is huge, closer to them and loaded with opportunites. But no, they prefer to fly more than 14 hours, all the way from the freezer to live in the oven. Like the Europeans and Americans; the Canadians are also equally involved in rising the rate of unemployment within the Emaraat.

Link For more

My understanding to as why so many Arabs have Canadian passports is that they are easier to come by than most other popular western countries, and that they are preparing to bail out of here when:

- Oil runs out
- Clerics take over the whole region
- They have made enough money to leave

(delete as necessary).
Old Apr 18th 2006, 6:46 am
W10

You can have all of the money in the world - but it doesn't mean you have any power

You need to get a US or British passport for that

Old Apr 18th 2006, 6:53 am
W10

W10, Perhaps you should be reading this;

One possible reason Canadians are born ba7eel. Having themselves a huge piece of land, with all types of natural climates and resources. Yet they are not satisfied and are migrating here in this tiny hot frying pan. Are they coming here to get tanned ? Expats in Emirates are all saving up and migrating to Canada, in a hope for a better future. Nowadays i find locals also moving out. If there is a future there, then why are these Canadians leaving their own motherland ?

If these people wish to do a job abroad, why not look in USA, which is huge, closer to them and loaded with opportunites. But no, they prefer to fly more than 14 hours, all the way from the freezer to live in the oven. Like the Europeans and Americans; the Canadians are also equally involved in rising the rate of unemployment within the Emaraat.

Link For more
Highly amusing - and also quite disturbing.

1, This guy has never heard of global and economic migration? Clearly not - it's only been going on for hundreds of years in all parts of the world. Yes - the only answer is clearly that they hate Canada. What else could it possibly be.

2, It's quite disturbing that this appears to be the genuine mindset of many Emiratis - that they are contributing to rising unemployment. They hate their country so they come to ours and take our jobs (jobs we Emiratis didn't want to do anyway but hey, we'll complain about them ) No point in looking in the mirror regarding your rising unemployment - even when Shk Mo points the finger at lazy Emiratis you don't listen - when you can conveniently blame someone else eh?

Social problems - that'll be the West, unemployment - damn expats

Old Apr 18th 2006, 7:03 am
Sat on the fence ......

Rumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by miss behave
when expats move to dubai we proudly call ourselves 'british', 'canadian', 'australian', etc, for the duration of our stay. most arabs, upon arrival to our western countries instantly apply for passposts/citizinship and start calling themselves 'british', 'canadian', 'australian'.

strange!
That is not quite true Miss Behave, they usually call themselves Lebonese american, British american, Arab American. That is what i have found to be true in my time here very rarely do they denounce their true nationality!
Old Apr 18th 2006, 8:15 am
Forum Regular

miss behave has much to be proud ofmiss behave has much to be proud ofmiss behave has much to be proud ofmiss behave has much to be proud ofmiss behave has much to be proud ofmiss behave has much to be proud ofmiss behave has much to be proud ofmiss behave has much to be proud ofmiss behave has much to be proud ofmiss behave has much to be proud ofmiss behave has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Rumble Tumble
That is not quite true Miss Behave, they usually call themselves Lebonese american, British american, Arab American. That is what i have found to be true in my time here very rarely do they denounce their true nationality!
hi rumble tumble! i hear what your saying - however, those of us who have been here for a while don't call ourselves british emirati etc. i'm sure what you're saying is true of arabs here but in western countries i dont think they refer to their country of origin as much.
Old Apr 18th 2006, 8:24 am
Banned

CasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rumble Tumble

Look, Our Region is Buying out the entire Globe! I wouldnt be surprised if tomorrow Majid Al Futtaim will buy Out the Mercedes factory!

Everything is moving Eastwards...! All those Levants or whoever have now realised that they dont have any future in west.

They all are coming here!!!!!
Old Apr 18th 2006, 8:28 am
Forum Regular

miss behave has much to be proud ofmiss behave has much to be proud ofmiss behave has much to be proud ofmiss behave has much to be proud ofmiss behave has much to be proud ofmiss behave has much to be proud ofmiss behave has much to be proud ofmiss behave has much to be proud ofmiss behave has much to be proud ofmiss behave has much to be proud ofmiss behave has much to be proud of

Look, Our Region is Buying out the entire Globe! I wouldnt be surprised if tomorrow Majid Al Futtaim will buy Out the Mercedes factory!

Everything is moving Eastwards...! All those Levants or whoever have now realised that they dont have any future in west.

They all are coming here!!!!!
they come here because the region has such a high demand for educated, qualified people - they're offered good money, hence ensuring a good future once they go home.
Old Apr 18th 2006, 8:37 am
Banned

CasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by miss behave
they come here because the region has such a high demand for educated, qualified people - they're offered good money, hence ensuring a good future once they go home.

HAHAHAHAA!

You are saying that those 'Gardners' from Holland who come here and get Jobs as Landscape Architects General Manager are Qualified???!!

Say that to someone who is sitting on the internet with no real life experince and those who donot use their Intellectuals. Not to me!

And for your information;

I was watching a program on Discovery about Forensic Detectives, and most of the Researchers and doctors on the show were all Arabs/Iraqis and Indian muslims.

A friend of mine was treated for cancer at a Worlds top cancer treatment center in london, Guess what? His Doctor was a pakistani.

So dont tell me you are coming here to improve UAE, while your country is being improved by Expats.

Last edited by CasaNova; Apr 18th 2006 at 8:43 am.
Old Apr 18th 2006, 9:57 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

HAHAHAHAA!

And for your information;

I was watching a program on Discovery about Forensic Detectives, and most of the Researchers and doctors on the show were all Arabs/Iraqis and Indian muslims.

A friend of mine was treated for cancer at a Worlds top cancer treatment center in london, Guess what? His Doctor was a pakistani.

Do you have a Phd in making sweeping statements?

One person you know was treated by a doctor of pakistani descent (most likely educated in London), and one Discovery show used (according to you) mainly Arabs, Iraqis and Indian Muslims? This does not really constitute a good argument.

One other question (and there may be an obvious answer) - how could you tell on the Discovery show that they were Arab, Iraqi or Indian Muslim (not just Indian)?
Old Apr 18th 2006, 10:19 am
Banned

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
One other question (and there may be an obvious answer) - how could you tell on the Discovery show that they were Arab, Iraqi or Indian Muslim (not just Indian)?

Family names.
Old Apr 18th 2006, 10:25 am
Big Member

Family names.
Hmmmm. I know English people with names such as Jones, Siddiqui, McManus.

Not really a good indicator.
Old Apr 18th 2006, 11:51 am
Banned

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
Hmmmm. I know English people with names such as Jones, Siddiqui, McManus.

Not really a good indicator.

What about Johnny English?
Old Apr 18th 2006, 11:52 am
Big Member

What about Johnny English?
He's Scottish.
Old Apr 18th 2006, 11:58 am
W10

Jermaine McSporran is of West Indian parentage.

Old Apr 18th 2006, 12:03 pm
Banned

NorthernLad, Since we are at it!

here is something for you nibble on!

WORLD RECORD BREAKER

British Billion Dollar Cyber-babe Awarded Guinness World Record

7th April 2006 LONDON: Lara Croft, the world’s favourite digital heroine, has been awarded a Guinness World Record.

Lara Croft in a fetching Union Jack top at the MCV Industry Excellent Awards 2006

Hows that? from a morrocon!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.