British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Help : I need a change (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/help-i-need-change-510344/)

IrishColleen Jan 30th 2008 3:17 pm

Help : I need a change

Hi
I am a 28 year old female, currently living in London but looking for a new experience. I always wanted to live in Dubai/Bahrain as anyone I seen go there always loved it. I work in Executive Assistant / Project Support arena. Can anyone tell me what it was like for them if they moved over on their own?
Is there good jobs in this area? What salary would I need to be making to get the equivalent of my UK salary £40,000 - and what is the market rate for these jobs over there. If you were me and knowing what you know now, what can you advise me. Looking forward to hearing from anyone - Thanks in advance :rofl:

Bob Jan 30th 2008 4:44 pm

Re: Help : I need a change

Welcome to BE :)

Have a look through the forums, plenty of similar threads fairly recently on what to expect and packages to look out for...and check the wiki up top for job agencies :)

Miss Eck Jan 30th 2008 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by IrishColleen (Post 5859209)
Hi
I am a 28 year old female, currently living in London but looking for a new experience. I always wanted to live in Dubai/Bahrain as anyone I seen go there always loved it. I work in Executive Assistant / Project Support arena. Can anyone tell me what it was like for them if they moved over on their own?
Is there good jobs in this area? What salary would I need to be making to get the equivalent of my UK salary £40,000 - and what is the market rate for these jobs over there. If you were me and knowing what you know now, what can you advise me. Looking forward to hearing from anyone - Thanks in advance :rofl:

Have a look at www.kershawleonard.net They are one of the biggest agents for support work. They have lots of EA roles on there and it will give you an idea of salary. I don't know a lot about Bahrain but you would certainly have a good time in Dubai and could achieve the same salary as you are getting in the UK. I know plenty of single women who either rent studios, flat share or rent rooms in villas and all enjoy life here and manage to save a bit as well.

When are you looking to move over to Dubai?

IrishColleen Jan 30th 2008 7:54 pm

Thanks a million Ms Eck - I understand people on here are always getting bombarded with questions, and I appreciate your help - will get straight unto that website :)

Miss Eck Feb 1st 2008 9:33 am

Originally Posted by IrishColleen (Post 5860267)
Thanks a million Ms Eck - I understand people on here are always getting bombarded with questions, and I appreciate your help - will get straight unto that website :)

No worries ... feel free to pick my brains :)