Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Help with Golfing visitors

Help with Golfing visitors

Old Jan 25th 2009, 5:33 pm
Forum Regular

Cry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to all
Default Help with Golfing visitors

Howdy all,
I have some people coming over in a week or two and they want to play some Golf. They don't want the very expensive courses and I (who know nothing about the game) have been tasked with finding a cheap course.
I throw myself upon your mercy - can someone tell me where I can send them - if the following helps:
> they are experienced golfers, they play 18 holes at least once a week so I would suspect that they have official handicaps etc
> they will have the right shoes etc but will not bring their own bats
> they will be based in town (old town/garhoud areas) and will not want to travel too Far (ie not RAK, Auh &c. but perhaps Shj)
> they are obviously not UGA members, but they might be members of the similar thing at home (Dublin) if that helps.
> by cheap, they nearer 100 Dhs than 400 Dhs
> they're on holiday so can play mid-week/off peak etc

Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance
CH
Old Jan 26th 2009, 3:16 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help with Golfing visitors

they won't be playing any golf here then, there is nowhere that is in the region of a 100 dhs for a game
Old Jan 26th 2009, 3:41 am
BE Enthusiast

jrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to all

Emirates Par 3, floodlit? I seem to remember that's around AED100......
Old Jan 26th 2009, 3:55 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jrudofsky
Emirates Par 3, floodlit? I seem to remember that's around AED100......
think the wadi par 3 at emirates is about 180..

pitch and put at the creek and arabian ranches are around 100, plus vouchers for BOGOF in entertainer.

otherwise its 18 holes at sharjah wanderers sand course..
Old Jan 26th 2009, 4:09 am
BE Enthusiast

jrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to all

With the Entertainer it's BOGOF as well at the Emirates Par 3 which is 100AED (Sorry Admon, just checked receipts in my wallet).

Al Hamra Fort in RAK (I know too far), is 200ish with the vouchers although the course isn't in great nick.
Old Jan 26th 2009, 4:35 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jrudofsky
With the Entertainer it's BOGOF as well at the Emirates Par 3 which is 100AED (Sorry Admon, just checked receipts in my wallet).

Al Hamra Fort in RAK (I know too far), is 200ish with the vouchers although the course isn't in great nick.
20GBP for a 9 hole par 3....

lovely..value for money UAE style...
Old Jan 26th 2009, 5:04 am
Just Joined

Banditgolfer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Cry haddock
Howdy all,
I have some people coming over in a week or two and they want to play some Golf. They don't want the very expensive courses and I (who know nothing about the game) have been tasked with finding a cheap course.
I throw myself upon your mercy - can someone tell me where I can send them - if the following helps:
> they are experienced golfers, they play 18 holes at least once a week so I would suspect that they have official handicaps etc
> they will have the right shoes etc but will not bring their own bats
> they will be based in town (old town/garhoud areas) and will not want to travel too Far (ie not RAK, Auh &c. but perhaps Shj)
> they are obviously not UGA members, but they might be members of the similar thing at home (Dublin) if that helps.
> by cheap, they nearer 100 Dhs than 400 Dhs
> they're on holiday so can play mid-week/off peak etc

Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance
CH
i think the cheapest 18 is the jebel ali couse at about 290 including buggy
for a half decent course anyway
Old Jan 26th 2009, 5:15 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Banditgolfer
i think the cheapest 18 is the jebel ali couse at about 290 including buggy
for a half decent course anyway
I agree, it is cheaper during the week
Old Jan 26th 2009, 6:06 am
Forum Regular

Superdarts is an unknown quantity at this point

Sharjah golf and shooting club, only found the place 3 weeks ago and have played 4 times since (on my way home from work). its only 9 holes but I play twce for the 18, lit for night play, top class condition. I think 18 is 350 AED ish.

Do a google for the website.

Cheers,

Andy.
Old Jan 26th 2009, 8:36 am
Forum Regular

Cry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to all

Thanks guys - all duly noted. Can they just book a tee time at these places (Jebel Ali and Shj looking like favourites)? Do you not have to be a member?
Thanks for the answers,
CH

Last edited by Cry haddock; Jan 26th 2009 at 8:41 am. Reason: Realised what a lazy git I was being!
Old Jan 26th 2009, 8:47 am
Forum Regular

FYI
Jebel Ali is 375 per person off peak, anyone can go and play (they didn’t mention handicap but I would presume you need one)

Sharjah is 135 for 9 (full length, not pitch and putt) holes and 220 for 18 (you need playing certificate or official handicap)

CH
Old Jan 26th 2009, 11:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Unlikely you will get asked for the certificate, especially during the week.

Despite having one I haven't been asked by Jebel Ali, Emirates, RAK or Al Badia.