Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Help with car rental.

Help with car rental.

Old Mar 12th 2009, 8:41 am
meonline

meonline is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help with car rental.

I arrived in Dubai in Februrary, and have since relied on taxis to get to and from work. However, it is costing me a lot of money, I want to rent a car. The problem I have though is that I forgot my credit card back in the UK so I do not have a credit facility to pay the 1000 deposit most rental companies ask for (payable only by credit card). I cannot apply for a credit cards as I have not been here for three months yet.

Are there any rental companies in Dubai that to not require such a deposit to be paid by credit card? Any advice and recommendations you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old Mar 12th 2009, 8:44 am
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help with car rental.

Can you not get someone to DHL the credit card to you?
Old Mar 12th 2009, 8:52 am
meonline

Originally Posted by Fairydust
Can you not get someone to DHL the credit card to you?
Asked DHL. They do not courier credt cards. Fed-Ex the same.
Old Mar 12th 2009, 8:53 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meonline
Asked DHL. They do not courier credt cards. Fed-Ex the same.
then don't tell them it's a credit card...
Old Mar 12th 2009, 9:07 am
meonline

Originally Posted by MataHari
then don't tell them it's a credit card...
According to their guidelines, you need to leave the package you are sending open so they can inspect it. I guess it is a security measure on their part.