Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Help about importing my cats please!!!

Help about importing my cats please!!!

Old May 16th 2013, 11:06 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help about importing my cats please!!!

Originally Posted by bodieanddoyle
Slightly tiresome actually
The Irony.
Old May 16th 2013, 11:06 am
Forum Regular

bodieanddoyle is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by britexpat76
Whilst sat at work you have to take what you can get.
fair point, well made.
Old May 16th 2013, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

The Irony.
No one has to help - I made that point a few days ago too
Old May 16th 2013, 11:10 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Catch up old bean - some other hilarious prankster who also did not have the ability to read my post properly did that on day one of this thread. And really, tbh, it wasn't hugely funny then either. Slightly tiresome actually
If you put 10% of the effort into finding your own answer as you have in to replying to my idiot posts, your cats would be in KSA tomorrow.

No one has to help - I made that point a few days ago too
Oh but we do, or we'll get told off for not. Actually, even if someone tries to, like OleJanx - the experienced Middle East cat mover, there's a telling off because he's wrong and you know...but don't know....better.

I literally couldn't make this up.
Old May 16th 2013, 11:20 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Scamp
If you put 10% of the effort into finding your own answer as you have in to replying to my idiot posts, your cats would be in KSA tomorrow.

Oh but we do, or we'll get told off for not. Actually, even if someone tries to, like OleJanx - the experienced Middle East cat mover, there's a telling off because he's wrong and you know...but don't know....better.

I literally couldn't make this up.
oh my word. No, I couldn't make it up either.

In posts 3, 68 & 72, I reiterated my original query. Seriously, can you not read? And please, if I have at missed the answer within the 'advice' given, show me where? I was asking for anyone who had had some experience of importing cats from the UK to KSA - not a lesson in searching on google.
If you wish to continue being a smart arse with some actual basis, at least read my posts properly. Or if you want to keep looking like an ignorant arse that lives under a bridge, continue as you are. Kind regards.

eta - are you trying to get good enough to be a mod?

Last edited by bodieanddoyle; May 16th 2013 at 11:25 am.
Old May 16th 2013, 11:30 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Ummm, no I haven't - it's not the airlines issue. It's the requirements regarding what the Saudi government want that I'm enquiring about.

Anybody that's shipped cats from the UK to KSA??
Thanks for those. Have seen both websites (contrary to popular opinion, I can and have googled every single search I can think of) - but neither explain how it's possible for an individual in the UK to get the EHC certificate legalised and then stamped at the Saudi embassy in the 96 hours before the flight, when one of those processes has to be done by post...
Thanks. I'm all set with what paperwork I need, I'm just at a loss as how I'm supposed to get it all signed off within the time frame stipulated.

I'm sure there are plenty of cats. However I have two which I'm not prepared to give away. I like to think a pet is for life.
oh my word. No, I couldn't make it up either.

In posts 3, 68 & 72, I reiterated my original query. Seriously, can you not read? And please, if I have at missed the answer within the 'advice' given, show me where?
If you wish to continue being a smart arse with some actual basis, at least read my posts properly. Or if you want to keep looking like an ignorant arse that lives under a bridge, continue as you are. Kind regards.

eta - are you trying to get good enough to be a mod?
I think I've worked it out.

You've ****ed up. You've got a flight booked for 96 hours time and haven't done what you are supposed to do in time.

This is stressful, you know that it is your fault for not getting things done properly, according to the regulations, in time. You're lashing out because you're frustrated at yourself for not doing it all properly and in time.

I now actually feel sorry for you. I think you know the answer to your question, but to be clear I'm going to answer the bits in bold - they are the bits that are being repeated:

You can't.

Now, what might be a sensible course of action is to see if you can change your travel date so that you have time to do the forms by post?

Or maybe you go, leave cat with carrier company who can organise those things for you?

Or you go and leave them with a friend / relative who can collate those documents for you and put them on a plane a few days later?

I think they are the only options if it is the time scale that's limiting. Can you change your dates? If not, can you get someone to help?

Is there a company (like a removals firm) that takes care of this stuff for a charge?
Old May 16th 2013, 11:52 am
Forum Regular

I think I've worked it out.

You've ****ed up. You've got a flight booked for 96 hours time and haven't done what you are supposed to do in time.
No, I haven't *****ed up. I don't have any flights booked. Contrary to unfounded popular belief on here, I actually think about getting my ducks in a row before shooting....

Which makes the most of rest of your post null and void. But I will address each point you have invested your time.

This is stressful, you know that it is your fault for not getting things done properly, according to the regulations, in time. You're lashing out because you're frustrated at yourself for not doing it all properly and in time.
Nope, as above, null and void.

I now actually feel sorry for you. I think you know the answer to your question, but to be clear I'm going to answer the bits in bold - they are the bits that are being repeated:

You can't.
My whole point of asking you lovely people was to see if anyone had done this? So far, none of you have - and if you haven't then you haven't. But no-one having done it is not my issue. It's the ridiculous advice/inability to grasp what I'm asking which I cannot comprehend, nor have the patience for.

Now, what might be a sensible course of action is to see if you can change your travel date so that you have time to do the forms by post?
No need to change travel date as I have not booked it.

Or maybe you go, leave cat with carrier company who can organise those things for you?
This is my last option. But as per my original question, I wanted to hear from anyone who had managed itthemselves.

Or you go and leave them with a friend / relative who can collate those documents for you and put them on a plane a few days later?
Wouldn't make a difference - they'd only have the same 96 hours that I have.

I think they are the only options if it is the time scale that's limiting. Can you change your dates? If not, can you get someone to help?

Is there a company (like a removals firm) that takes care of this stuff for a charge?
Again, this looks like the only option if I can't find anyone who has managed this. My bad for thinking that I could post a query on a forum called 'BritishExpats' to get an answer either way. Should've gone to mumsnet....
Old May 16th 2013, 11:56 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

No, I haven't *****ed up. I don't have any flights booked. Contrary to unfounded popular belief on here, I actually think about getting my ducks in a row before shooting....

Which makes the most of rest of your post null and void. But I will address each point you have invested your time.

My whole point of asking you lovely people was to see if anyone had done this? So far, none of you have - and if you haven't then you haven't. But no-one having done it is not my issue. It's the ridiculous advice/inability to grasp what I'm asking which I cannot comprehend, nor have the patience for.

This is my last option. But as per my original question, I wanted to hear from anyone who had managed itthemselves.

Again, this looks like the only option if I can't find anyone who has managed this. My bad for thinking that I could post a query on a forum called 'BritishExpats' to get an answer either way. Should've gone to mumsnet....

www.expatwoman.com Try them too.
Old May 16th 2013, 11:57 am
Account Closed

If you haven't got flight books then why the time limit of 96 hours?
Old May 16th 2013, 12:18 pm
Forum Regular

If you haven't got flight books then why the time limit of 96 hours?
It's stipulated on the Defra certificate the vet signs off that the cats were examined and declared fit for export no more than 96 before the flight... Although the certificate itself is valid for 7 days..... Go figure/wtf etc

I'm thinking of chancing that because the embassy in Riyadh has already granted am import permit for the cats anyway that I give the emabassy in the uk a miss and just get the health certificate legalised... But am going to leave that judgement call with my husband.....
Old May 16th 2013, 12:26 pm
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

I can't understand why the export company, whom I presume you are paying for the service, haven't or won't organise all this for you?

Might be worth you emailing Dubai Kennels and Cattery, explain your situation, and see if they have any current information on paperwork required or know of someone in KSA who offers the import service as they do here in Dubai.
Old May 16th 2013, 12:33 pm
Account Closed

It's stipulated on the Defra certificate the vet signs off that the cats were examined and declared fit for export no more than 96 before the flight... Although the certificate itself is valid for 7 days..... Go figure/wtf etc

I'm thinking of chancing that because the embassy in Riyadh has already granted am import permit for the cats anyway that I give the emabassy in the uk a miss and just get the health certificate legalised... But am going to leave that judgement call with my husband.....
How utterly stupid. Chance it. Import papers should be enough.
Old May 16th 2013, 12:38 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Fairydust
I can't understand why the export company, whom I presume you are paying for the service, haven't or won't organise all this for you?

Might be worth you emailing Dubai Kennels and Cattery, explain your situation, and see if they have any current information on paperwork required or know of someone in KSA who offers the import service as they do here in Dubai.
Oh, they will - for £360 for the cert sign off, plus 5 days boarding @ £15 per day, plus £110 for the vets.....

Its terribly frustrating - if the Foreign Comm. Office hadn't shut their 'turn up and wait whilst we stamp' service desk, none of this would be an issue....

Last edited by bodieanddoyle; May 16th 2013 at 12:41 pm.
Old May 16th 2013, 12:40 pm
Shark Fisherman

Oh, they will - for £360 for the cert sign off, plus 5 days boarding @ £15 per day, plus £110 for the vets.....
Welcome to the Middle East. It just cost my friend £5k to get 2 dogs back to the UK.

Are your balls of fluff not worth £500 to you?
Old May 16th 2013, 12:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the Middle East. It just cost my friend £5k to get 2 dogs back to the UK.

Are your balls of fluff not worth £500 to you?
Mine were worth at least ten times that...and the last two to be shipped about were Arab street cats!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.