British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   HELP * Single Guy Needs Compound In Riyadh * HELP (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/help-%2A-single-guy-needs-compound-riyadh-%2A-help-596232/)

Demented Kitten Mar 8th 2009 7:17 pm

HELP * Single Guy Needs Compound In Riyadh * HELP

After finding out that as a single guy I cannot even rent a villa or apartment apart from renting one for bachelors, which are complete sh*t holes, my next best option is to pay ridiculous money for a sardines tin in a compound.

However after searching a extensively I cant find anything and to be honest with you I am considering leaving the Kingdom. Whats the point of being here if I cannot maintain my standards of living.

Does anyone know of any compounds having place a single guy, maybe a 1 or 2 bed apartment furnished preferred.

I dont even mind sharing with a expat family for sometime untill I am married in a few months. I am even willing to pay good money.

Nic1 Mar 9th 2009 3:16 am

Re: HELP * Single Guy Needs Compound In Riyadh * HELP

Bummer - sorry to hear that. Can only suggest you try Eid, Fal, Al yamama, Najd, Cordoba etc etc. Can't offer you a room here as we have no spare bedroom and lots of dogs and horrible children! Have you tried putting up notices on compound noticeboards ? Not sure what the rules are re this - but will ask a friend who is single and has recently got accommodation for new employees how he did it.

Good luck
N

Jammy_Dodgers Mar 9th 2009 6:48 am

Originally Posted by Demented Kitten (Post 7357443)
After finding out that as a single guy I cannot even rent a villa or apartment apart from renting one for bachelors, which are complete sh*t holes, my next best option is to pay ridiculous money for a sardines tin in a compound.

However after searching a extensively I cant find anything and to be honest with you I am considering leaving the Kingdom. Whats the point of being here if I cannot maintain my standards of living.

Does anyone know of any compounds having place a single guy, maybe a 1 or 2 bed apartment furnished preferred.

I dont even mind sharing with a expat family for sometime untill I am married in a few months. I am even willing to pay good money.

I know Cedar Village compound is a mix of families and single guys.
Its not the best compound in the world, but i have seen ALOT worse

Demented Kitten Mar 9th 2009 9:57 am

Thanks.

I have tried all compounds, but nothing available.

Looks like its bye bye Saudi in a few weeks then. Shame, the job is really nice and I enjoy the place in general. Just this silly rule about bachelors is forcing me to go back.

coffindodger Mar 9th 2009 3:37 pm

hi please pm me. i did post on here a couple of weeks ago a full list of compounds .
i have also found a neat web site and there were available accom on it.
how ever its all on my work computer and not this lap top.

Demented Kitten Mar 9th 2009 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by coffindodger (Post 7360274)
hi please pm me. i did post on here a couple of weeks ago a full list of compounds .
i have also found a neat web site and there were available accom on it.
how ever its all on my work computer and not this lap top.

PM sent.

Thanks.

osbmij Mar 9th 2009 6:02 pm

As a newbie to the Kingdom, I can sympathize with the search for housing . There is not much available for single guys since bachelors are pretty much frowned upon here.