Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

HELLO will be re locating to Dubai August

HELLO will be re locating to Dubai August

Old Jun 20th 2008, 7:15 pm
Just Joined

Palmbeachbrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: HELLO will be re locating to Dubai August

THANK YOU AGAINall suggestions valuable the Butlers Guild I have known about and can have refernces from people here like Donald Trumps Palm Beach Butler If I hit the right note
Old Jun 21st 2008, 7:11 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Palmbeachbrit
Thanks for your continuance of helpful info regarding my job search it may be in my best interests to find Executives or wealthy retired or entrepeneurial Europeans buying or building in Dubai wanting to take with them or import a person who can take care of their needs as their used to in the Western world .Here in the USA also a nation of 100% immigrants there are only a few people who can please an ever growing number of younger super wealthy with huge disposable incomes.my ideal goal would be a uS or uk family ,but the hospitality business ie luxury hotel would be the only compatible stepping stone
but why would anyone pay you in the region of 21k to do this when you have no Middle East experience whatsoever and at this point in time wouldn't even know how to set up an internet account, never mind anything else. I can bet you a 1000 USD that even the Ruler and his family don't have European folk to take care of them Your wasting your time. If you get a Senior position in a hotel you still won't earn anything like the salary you are expecting too. This is the Middle East not America and it doesn't matter how many documentaries you have seen they aren't the REAL Dubai, trust me.
Old Jun 21st 2008, 7:19 am

ScotsExpat is an unknown quantity at this point

Someone beat you to it, HELLO has been here for a couple of years!!!

http://www.motivatepublishing.com/li...eCode=ART00440
Old Jun 21st 2008, 7:31 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ScotsExpat

PBB have you ever visited Dubai?
Old Jun 21st 2008, 8:31 am
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
This is the Middle East not America and it doesn't matter how many documentaries you have seen they aren't the REAL Dubai, trust me.
I think that's the problem; Dubai PLC's marketing is so good, people think that everyone here is rich and living the life of Riley.

Palmbeachbrit, you really are much better off where you are. Where you live now you have real rights, a modern legal system, proper infrastructure, a true competitive market, uncensored media and internet, and you earn what by Dubai standards is a colossal amount of money for the line of work you're in.

You've also got a better climate - Palm Beach is pleasant year-round, while Dubai becomes horribly hot, dusty and humid in summer.

Out of interest, why exactly are you thinking of moving to Dubai, given that you've already got all of the things that attract Brits to move abroad (sun, sea, sand, cheaper petrol than the UK)?
Old Jun 21st 2008, 10:44 am
Concierge

I agree with Eeyore, stay where you are PBB. Dubai PLC should read please look carefully!!!
Old Jun 21st 2008, 4:46 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ScotsExpat

Very drole Sexpat..........

Palmbeachbrit........Why don't you advertise in here:

http://www.lady.co.uk/

Have a look at the adverts.Worldwide recruitment.
Old Jun 21st 2008, 5:43 pm
Forum Regular

TBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud of

....why don't you look at St Barts, I'm sure you'd find better quality of work there and hey its not such an expensive plane ride from where you are to check it out....

I sadly agree with the comments an advice given above I really feel this is the wrong direction to head in. I think you would be making a crucial mistake.
Old Jun 26th 2008, 1:07 pm
Concierge

it really annoys me when we spend time giving advice and the original poster never bothers to come back
Old Jun 26th 2008, 1:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
it really annoys me when we spend time giving advice and the original poster never bothers to come back
i know...though to be fair, i do think we might put some people off, lmao...

MM, xx
Old Jun 26th 2008, 1:30 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
i know...though to be fair, i do think we might put some people off, lmao...

MM, xx
I know he didn't get the answers he wanted to hear but at least he got the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth