Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Hello Fellow Ladies in Riyadh! - A little bit about me..

Hello Fellow Ladies in Riyadh! - A little bit about me..

Old Aug 17th 2016, 10:50 am
Just Joined

mehekmirza is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hello Fellow Ladies in Riyadh! - A little bit about me..

Hello ladies - (I am not looking to start friendships with Men - thank you!)

I have moved to Riyadh, KSA on 28th of June 2016 to join my Husband who has already been here for over a year.

I am starting to lose my sanity somewhat as I do not know anyone here nor am I familiar with anything to do around here, places to go and see, where to find certain things..and am hoping to meet some other ladies who are also in a similar situation/want to connect to hang out & experience Riyadh together!

I am a German and Special Needs (Autism) Teacher and am also actively seeking employment.

I speak Dutch, English, German and Urdu and I am a Dutch national with a Pakistani Mother and Dutch Father.

I have resided in;
Karachi , Pakistan
Dubai, UAE
Utrecht , Netherlands
Hamburg, Germany
London, UK
Paderborn , Germany
Windsor, UK
Toronto, Canada
And now am in Riyadh, KSA.

I went to Aston University - German & European Studies / Politics (Bsc Joint Honours)..

That's pretty much the basics, hope to hear from you gals soon!
Old Aug 18th 2016, 4:40 pm
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello Fellow Ladies in Riyadh! - A little bit about me..

Wow Mehek, thats quite a CV.
may I suggest expatwoman . com
anyway, hope you find some friends soon as I can understand it starts to get to you at times
Old Aug 19th 2016, 11:34 am
Just Joined

Hi Irishbeekeeper, hahah thanks- I am resorting to having verbal diarrhoea and telling everyone online about my life in a nutshell since the only other human I have contact with since end June is my husband and then on the side my cat hahahaha 😱 Thank you for the advice , I shall sign up to that site too, so far have joined here, expat.com & internations ... And only getting men messaging me despite the fact that I am looking for female friends! 🙄 Many thanks again 🙂
Old Aug 19th 2016, 11:08 pm
Just Joined

Xena_786 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Mehek,

I'm a married female about to depart to Saudi in a few weeks to join hubby.

How long and whr abouts were u in Khi as I have lived there too....
Old Aug 20th 2016, 1:03 pm
Just Joined

Hi Xena_786 where in KSA are you moving to? Riyadh? I was born in Karachi so in 1985!
Old Aug 20th 2016, 2:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

My experience was all in Jeddah and Dhahran. Riyadh has a reputation of being a tough nut for anyone. particularly tough on non-working females. My advice ? Get a job if you can. Try one of the schools that caters to international students.
Old Aug 21st 2016, 11:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

expatriates.com - Riyadh