British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Hello everyone! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/hello-everyone-264778/)

CanadaEng Nov 6th 2004 10:15 am

Hello everyone!

I'm new to this forum and I just wanted to say hello. I've read many of the previous threads and I think you guys are hillarious!

I'm originally from Canada (sorry guys) but working in Europe in an engineering firm. About five months ago I became very interested in the idea of moving to Dubai which sounds like a very nice place to live. But like many of you guys describe it's REALLY difficult and time consuming to find a job there!

It's really nice to find such a helpful and supportive forum like this one. You're quite catty at times though but it's hillarious to read ;) !

Cheers

CE

Truth Speak Nov 6th 2004 10:26 am

Re: Hello everyone!

Originally Posted by CanadaEng
I'm new to this forum and I just wanted to say hello. I've read many of the previous threads and I think you guys are hillarious!

I'm originally from Canada (sorry guys) but working in Europe in an engineering firm. About five months ago I became very interested in the idea of moving to Dubai which sounds like a very nice place to live. But like many of you guys describe it's REALLY difficult and time consuming to find a job there!

It's really nice to find such a helpful and supportive forum like this one. You're quite catty at times though but it's hillarious to read ;) !

Cheers

CE

Welcome CE - Thanks for your comments - probably the best description of the forum of late.

Cheers

TS

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/6/6_16_5.gif

novita77 Nov 6th 2004 10:54 am

Cheers

CE

Hello.... welcome abroad.... you will like it here... :D

Jellybean Nov 6th 2004 12:19 pm

Cheers

CE

Welcome CE glad you like the site :D :D

Bob Nov 6th 2004 2:08 pm

Welcome to the site, and goodluck with endeavours :P

Face81 Nov 6th 2004 3:18 pm

Cheers

CE

Hello CanadaEnghttp://www.skyscrapercity.com/images/smilies/hi.gif....... welcome aboard....... thatks for reminding us of how quirky we are........ It comes naturally to most of us! LOL

Like TS sed...... that is one good description of the site!

CanadaEng Nov 6th 2004 7:59 pm

Thank you all for your warm welcome! Glad I joined.

novita77 Nov 6th 2004 8:01 pm

Thank you all for your warm welcome! Glad I joined.

U r welcome, by the way what time is it there?

CanadaEng Nov 6th 2004 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by novita77
U r welcome, by the way what time is it there?

Hello novita77, it's 10 pm here in Brussels. And before you ask, it's cold and raining here.

novita77 Nov 6th 2004 8:07 pm

Hello novita77, it's 10 pm here in Brussels. And before you ask, it's cold and raining here.

lol... I won't ask... the sooner the better you get to ME. Plenty of sun here. Have u been to ME before?

CanadaEng Nov 6th 2004 8:13 pm

lol... I won't ask... the sooner the better you get to ME. Plenty of sun here. Have u been to ME before?

I agree, the sooner the better. I have been to the Middle East before which is kinda why I am eager to go back. My parents are from Beirut and I grew up there until the age of 10 before relocating to Canada. I've been back a couple of times. I know what you mean by constant beautiful sunshine! I'm so sick and tired of all the clouds here in Europe. :(

novita77 Nov 6th 2004 8:15 pm

I agree, the sooner the better. I have been to the Middle East before which is kinda why I am eager to go back. My parents are from Beirut and I grew up there until the age of 10 before relocating to Canada. I've been back a couple of times. I know what you mean by constant beautiful sunshine! I'm so sick and tired of all the clouds here in Europe. :(

Wont blame u.... So r u relocating with ur family or by ur self?

CanadaEng Nov 6th 2004 8:18 pm

Wont blame u.... So r u relocating with ur family or by ur self?

I will be relocating by myself, once I have found a job that is, I'm not married yet.

novita77 Nov 6th 2004 8:20 pm

I will be relocating by myself, once I have found a job that is, I'm not married yet.

Good luck for ur job hunting then... :D

novita77 Nov 6th 2004 8:21 pm

Btw, I just karma u... :)