Hello!

Old Jan 3rd 2005, 6:12 am
Banned

Robynlyn has a brilliant futureRobynlyn has a brilliant futureRobynlyn has a brilliant futureRobynlyn has a brilliant futureRobynlyn has a brilliant futureRobynlyn has a brilliant futureRobynlyn has a brilliant futureRobynlyn has a brilliant future
Red face Hello!

Hi,

I am new to the site. Having been reading it for a while and thought I would introduce myself and say HI!

Just to let you know I enjoy the fact that you can express your opinions here without having to conform to the norm.

You guys and girls are a breath of fresh air!

Looking forward to chatting soon

Regards
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 6:13 am
Melts in your Mouth

Malteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello!

Originally Posted by Robynlyn
Hi,

I am new to the site. Having been reading it for a while and thought I would introduce myself and say HI!

Just to let you know I enjoy the fact that you can express your opinions here without having to conform to the norm.

Regards

Good Morning Robynlyn
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 6:13 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Regards
Welcome................but dont talk about maids !!

Some people OVER react to that topic.
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 6:16 am
Banned

Robynlyn has a brilliant futureRobynlyn has a brilliant futureRobynlyn has a brilliant futureRobynlyn has a brilliant futureRobynlyn has a brilliant futureRobynlyn has a brilliant futureRobynlyn has a brilliant futureRobynlyn has a brilliant future

I promise that I will not say anything at all with this regard. Have seen the responses both here and on expatmum!

I am a peace loving person not a fighter!
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 6:20 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

I promise that I will not say anything at all with this regard. Have seen the responses both here and on expatmum!

I am a peace loving person not a fighter!
So am I, but it is so easy to get drawn into a bun-fight about this subject.

All because some people get very emotive rather than just chatting in a civil adult way.

must be hormones
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 6:21 am
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
Welcome................but dont talk about maids !!

Some people OVER react to that topic.
Hello Newbie!!!

So... what do u think abt the maid??? Why can't talk abt the maids after u posted the thread???
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 6:21 am
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
So am I, but it is so easy to get drawn into a bun-fight about this subject.

All because some people get very emotive rather than just chatting in a civil adult way.

must be hormones
Oh dear ... :scared:
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 6:26 am
Banned

My feeling is one of If you can afford it, why not? If you want to live in the lap of luxury, again your decision.

I do however feel that maids still need to be treated as human beings and looked after! They are a part of your family and will assist you in raising your children so I am sure you want them to treat your children well, therefore treat them well.
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 6:29 am
semarang

My feeling is one of If you can afford it, why not? If you want to live in the lap of luxury, again your decision.

I do however feel that maids still need to be treated as human beings and looked after! They are a part of your family and will assist you in raising your children so I am sure you want them to treat your children well, therefore treat them well.
How well Robyn? Do u know some maids they will climb to ur head and take u for granted when u treat them tooooo damn well... My opinion u still have to set some boundaries with ur maid. Hehe ...

Sorry Robyn... me actually just winding JD up here ... maid or no maid is not my damn business. As LL said ... everybody have different background ... If they can afford it why not???
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 6:34 am
Banned

I agree - the choice is yours. Every employer sets rules and guidlines in a company and you should set rules and guidlines for your maid.

If your mess up at work you get some sort of disciplinary action - NOT CORPORAL PUNISHMENT! - the same should happen with your maid.

I grew up with full time maids but do not have one of my own - I am fanatical and I like things my way so I do it myself. I work full day, have a daughter and a husband that works more hours than are in a day - I do not want a maid - my choice. I do not envy those with maids, they must enjoy them.

I have made my choices and they have made theirs - Life goes on...
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 6:38 am

Heart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond repute

- I am fanatical and I like things my way so I do it myself. - I do not want a maid - my choice. I do not envy those with maids, they must enjoy them.

Wrong thread for this... But Im the same! I wont comment any more
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 6:44 am
semarang

I agree - the choice is yours. Every employer sets rules and guidlines in a company and you should set rules and guidlines for your maid.

If your mess up at work you get some sort of disciplinary action - NOT CORPORAL PUNISHMENT! - the same should happen with your maid.

I grew up with full time maids but do not have one of my own - I am fanatical and I like things my way so I do it myself. I work full day, have a daughter and a husband that works more hours than are in a day - I do not want a maid - my choice. I do not envy those with maids, they must enjoy them.

E X A C T L Y ...

Still pitty maid job though. For Indonesian working in Doha their min salary is 550 riyal. And I know when I lived in Singapore for Indonesian working there their min salary is 250 Singapore Dollar (about 500 riyal too).

Some horror stories in Singapore ... both parents working ... they have to live the baby in the care of the maid, end ended up the maid throwing the baby to the window from high rise building. Or maid jealous with another maid ... and feed the baby with chilly ... one of the reason I prefer to care my son my self.

But as u said ... everybody made their choices ... and life goes on...
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 6:54 am
Banned

Enjoy your son! Hoping for a little boy by the end of this year - all things being well
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 6:56 am
semarang

Enjoy your son! Hoping for a little boy by the end of this year - all things being well
Thanks Robyn...
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 8:48 am
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome Robynlyn................u have joined at a partcularly interesting time....teh children are restless...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.