Hell of a day

Old Feb 28th 2008, 2:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Live for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud of
Default Hell of a day

Well worst day in Dubai, put deposit down on apt in Yansoon 6 but agent rang today to say she was pulling out the deal she did not like the way it was going and as from earlier posts I too smelt a rat, anyway luckily she got my deposit back so on look out again but looks like being Dubai Marina, anyone know of 2 bed or 2 bed plus let me know.
Then went to get driving license at Jumeira Plaza, taxi driver dropped me off at wrong place, got another some 20 mins later then then the queue was horrendous and he told me not to bother this time, got in another taxi to Alsafa but he didnt know where to take me and of course i was no help so back to my hotel it sis with a vodka which is quickly running out as I thought i would have had an apt by now and hence a liquor license, so I understand there is a driving place where you can get a license in Daira City centre anyone know it?
Old Feb 28th 2008, 2:23 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hell of a day

Originally Posted by lookinatdubai
Well worst day in Dubai, put deposit down on apt in Yansoon 6 but agent rang today to say she was pulling out the deal she did not like the way it was going and as from earlier posts I too smelt a rat, anyway luckily she got my deposit back so on look out again but looks like being Dubai Marina, anyone know of 2 bed or 2 bed plus let me know.
Then went to get driving license at Jumeira Plaza, taxi driver dropped me off at wrong place, got another some 20 mins later then then the queue was horrendous and he told me not to bother this time, got in another taxi to Alsafa but he didnt know where to take me and of course i was no help so back to my hotel it sis with a vodka which is quickly running out as I thought i would have had an apt by now and hence a liquor license, so I understand there is a driving place where you can get a license in Daira City centre anyone know it?

hey calm down and forget about that for now! you are going round in circles and not getting anywhere which is making it all worse! there is no rush to get it all done this weekend. I have PM'd you.
Old Feb 28th 2008, 2:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Live for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud of

Your right BC just seems like have wasted a week, and now start all over again, feel really guilty about time spent during work hours looking etc but its got to be done and I have to say they are not complaining it is my conscience.
Old Feb 28th 2008, 2:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Your right BC just seems like have wasted a week, and now start all over again, feel really guilty about time spent during work hours looking etc but its got to be done and I have to say they are not complaining it is my conscience.
dont feel guilty about that. You have moved to a new place, settling in is part of the work

How can you concentrate on your job if you have not got everything else in line...

Calm down, deep breaths 1,2,3 and breath..

1. Liquior license. Low priority---sort that out later, much later!

2. Take a positive out of the rental fiasco, at least you got your deposit back, many have not

it WILL fall into place
Old Feb 28th 2008, 2:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Arbroath you are dead right, much appreciated
Old Feb 28th 2008, 2:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Also by the way a great reason for using an agent and not doing it alone! At least she had her finger on the pulse!
Old Feb 28th 2008, 2:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Also by the way a great reason for using an agent and not doing it alone! At least she had her finger on the pulse!
yes, looks like she has done you a good service!!
Old Feb 28th 2008, 3:01 pm
Forum Regular

mydogbitjesus has a reputation beyond reputemydogbitjesus has a reputation beyond reputemydogbitjesus has a reputation beyond reputemydogbitjesus has a reputation beyond reputemydogbitjesus has a reputation beyond reputemydogbitjesus has a reputation beyond reputemydogbitjesus has a reputation beyond reputemydogbitjesus has a reputation beyond reputemydogbitjesus has a reputation beyond reputemydogbitjesus has a reputation beyond reputemydogbitjesus has a reputation beyond repute

Hey.
Try Desert homes, they got 2 beds at Marina Views.
Abdelaziz 0506408766.
We delt with Rania, she was good. nice building too.
good luck.
Pete.
Old Feb 28th 2008, 3:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks pete
Old Feb 29th 2008, 4:30 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Just another normal day in Dubai.

Don't worry about it, it takes a few weeks to get everything sorted out, then you will look back and think it wasn't that difficult.
Old Feb 29th 2008, 5:07 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

pretty standard day to be honest.
Chill out a bit or you'll die of frustration in the ME.

Top tip, go to the driving place at 7.00 or 8.00am shouldnt take you more than an hour to be done.
Forget about a booze licence its the last thing you need to worry about and its not as though there is a shortage of bars here.
Apartment, well it sounds as if you were very lucky and better of out of it plenty more around you just need to do some legwork.
Old Feb 29th 2008, 6:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by shiva
pretty standard day to be honest.
Chill out a bit or you'll die of frustration in the ME.

Top tip, go to the driving place at 7.00 or 8.00am shouldnt take you more than an hour to be done.
Forget about a booze licence its the last thing you need to worry about and its not as though there is a shortage of bars here.
Apartment, well it sounds as if you were very lucky and better of out of it plenty more around you just need to do some legwork.
Shiva and everyone thanks very much, especially all those who have privately mesaged, thank you for your support. believe me it is very much appreciated.