Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Hear it..from a Saudi girl!!

Hear it..from a Saudi girl!!

Old Feb 6th 2008, 5:08 pm
Forum Regular

DolphinFriend is just really niceDolphinFriend is just really niceDolphinFriend is just really niceDolphinFriend is just really niceDolphinFriend is just really niceDolphinFriend is just really niceDolphinFriend is just really niceDolphinFriend is just really niceDolphinFriend is just really niceDolphinFriend is just really niceDolphinFriend is just really nice
Smile Re: Hear it..from a Saudi girl!!

Originally Posted by bigmamma
I have read with interest all the posts on this subject.

My family and I have only been in Saudi for 5 weeks and previous to that we were in Doha and already we have decided that Saudi (we live in Al Khobar) is a far better place to live than Doha. The local people are far, far friendlier and corteous than the locals in Doha and both my daughters and I feel much safer here than we did in Doha. There are no men leering at you when you head outside, woman aren't being raped within walking distance of malls.
Yes, there are restrictions but so far we haven't came accross any that have affected us.
When we told people in Doha that we were coming here most recoiled in horror at the thought - despite the fact that none had ever been here and didn't know what it was like. Security checks and baggage checks are unfortunately a way of life now and not just in Saudi. We also had a posting in Jakarta for a few years and we had the same there (but not only in housing compounds and schools - we had them in malls, small shops, supermarkets).
Unfortunately when we go back home on vacation we hear people talking on how 'all' muslims are bad. ThIs is not the case - yes there is a minority willing to cause havoc but the same can also be said about westerners.
My children are definately safer here and they are loving it and we certainly do not have any desire to leave here in the very near future.
Before I finish - can I just say a big thank you to all the Saudi's who have made us feel very welcome here. It's a pity some other ME countries can't take a leaf out of your book.

I Enjoyed reading your wonderful reply, thanks so much sister for your honest opinion about my culture..
Am so glad that you liked it..
You see people who advised you not to go to Saudi Arabia, and those who are saying " all muslims are bad" , are not aware of the reality..beacuse of the media out there..
We shouldn’t just blame them, but help them,, its my duty, yours and every1 who is being enlightened.. they said instead of cursing darkness, light a candle
I wish very much I can meet you one day, I hope Allah will ease it..
Big Hug

Last edited by DolphinFriend; Feb 6th 2008 at 5:10 pm.
Old Feb 6th 2008, 5:36 pm
Forum Regular

DolphinFriend is just really niceDolphinFriend is just really niceDolphinFriend is just really niceDolphinFriend is just really niceDolphinFriend is just really niceDolphinFriend is just really niceDolphinFriend is just really niceDolphinFriend is just really niceDolphinFriend is just really niceDolphinFriend is just really niceDolphinFriend is just really nice
Default Re: Hear it..from a Saudi girl!!

Originally Posted by dubaipm
I just joined this site a few minutes ago!
I am a British muslim from Arab origin living in Dubai for 12 years and just moving to Jeddah (KSA). In general, Saudi people are very friendly, helpful and very much respecting others. Saudi Arabia is surely a safer place than any westren country or even than Dubai with a crime rate on the rise there.
Making friends in Jeddah may be easier than Dubai (not sure!).......I invite any expat living or lived before in Dubai to advise if he/she managed to make social friendship with Emarates! I do not think so.
Here in Jeddah, anyone can advise me on the best way to make friends?
I was reading all replies by the Saudi Girl and must admire her for all great and prompt responses......may Allah (swt) bless you.
Thanks.
thank you so much for reading my post and for the compliment
I hope I can help you find friends ...as a result of involving in some activities to develop youth here , i had the chance to know some good guys.. all I need now is that you pm some info about you like your age , contact info and so on , so that I can help you find the guys of your age and connect you with them..
Also (God Willing) , in a month I may start a group to read about the life of prophet Muhammad peace be upon him in details and discuss what we read once a month.. would you like to join us?
May Allah bless you

Last edited by DolphinFriend; Feb 6th 2008 at 5:39 pm.
Old Feb 6th 2008, 5:43 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Hear it..from a Saudi girl!!

Originally Posted by muhammak
Hello All,
I got very useful info here...
I myself moving to Riyadh by the end of this month, got job there.
I wanna know about comparison between living outside and living in a compound?
Well originally I am from Pakistan and currently in Holland and i'm muslim. I used to live in Dubai in a common residential area (not a compound or western living areas). what I would like to know that living outside compund in Saudi is like in Dubai or different? Of course I know that my wife cannot go outside alone and she has to be in Abaya (which she already does)....

Although I can afford to live in a compund but would it be a worth to pay more if I can get the same or even better house/apartment outside much cheaper....

I appreciate your comments.

Regards,

Am glad you found useful info in my post
I think you don’t need to live in a compound
May Allah bless you
Old Feb 9th 2008, 8:10 am
Forum Regular

Smile Re: Hear it..from a Saudi girl!!

up